• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony official financial report (10/25),PS3 worldwide sales revealed

chris0701

http://www.sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/07q2_eleki.pdf

Same as today's official Nintendo financial report,until 2007/09/30 PS3 WW sales is 5.59m

20071025142515654923341.jpg

200710251413111052316021.jpg

For SCE,Sony Computer Entertainment

营业额:2434亿日元
利润: 967亿日元损失

Profit : - 96.7 billion Yen (loss)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This has the potential to be epic - but I'm going to bed. Try not to kill each other before dawn, mmkay?

szaromir

Banned
Can someone post it in understandable way?:D
Thank you.

Now let's wait for Microsoft to reveal their Q1 numbers. Should be impressive.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
4.21 million shipped/sold whatever to end of Q1.

Expect 11 million units total sell/ship for financial year 07 ...

Do they ever list a PS2/PSP hardware total? Since they made the switch to listing "Shipped to retail" numbers I've only seen them give quarterly. Without a base to work from it's impossible to add them up to reach a total.

DCharlie

1,310,000 in Q2? Sold / Shipped?

July Aug Sep - were all 180k or so in US per month , maybe 150k here a month, so around 200k or so a month in Europe?

Consistant sales at least across the regions which is a good sign i`d have thought - especially if the price is the real barrier.

DCharlie said:
1,310,000 in Q2? Sold / Shipped?

July Aug Sep - were all 180k or so in US per month , maybe 150k here a month, so around 200k or so a month in Europe?

Consistant sales at least across the regions which is a good sign i`d have thought - especially if the price is the real barrier.
Way less than that per month in the USA and Japan.

edit: actual sold to consumers

chris0701

200710251413111052316021.jpg

For SCE,Sony Computer Entertainment

营业额:2434亿日元
利润: 967亿日元损失

Profit : - 96.7 billion Yen (lose)

Hunahan

Banned
Not sure why you guys are measuring this against NPD, those are two entirely different figures.

This will represent what Sony sold to retailers, NPD (and MC, etc, etc) measures what retail sells to consumers.

They aren't talking the same language.....

The Abominable Snowman said:
PSP did pretty damn well. Sold almost as much as the wii. Sony should cut losses and focus primarily on the PSP side of things.
That would be a disaster. A PS3 with a 20M userbase will still sell way more software than the PSP at it's current state.

Sony almost shipped the same amount of software for both the PSP and PS3 but the PSP hardware sold twice as much as the PS3 hardware.

Xekrn said:
Sounds like shipped number to me.

Over 1.3m PS3 sold during July/Augest/September worldwide is totally bullshit.
Sold to retailers, iirc.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The Abominable Snowman said:
PSP did pretty damn well. Sold almost as much as the wii. Sony should cut losses and focus primarily on the PSP side of things.
^^^
Wow, does that ever sound familiar.

Xekrn

Banned
Sounds like shipped number to me.

Over 1.3m PS3 sold during July/Augest/September worldwide is totally bullshit.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Of course its shipped, no company can report stuff form the likes of the NPD in a financial report. Remember, for accounting purposes, Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft's actual customers are the retailers... not us.

Evlar

Banned
Shpeshal Ed said:
sony shipped = sony manufactured
sony sold = sony sold to retailers
Not any more, Sony has adjusted their financial reports to show sales as shipped-to-retail, similar to Nintendo and MS. They switched over earlier this year.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The Sphinx said:
Not any more, Sony has adjusted their quarterly reports to reflect shipped-to-retail, similar to Nintendo and MS. They switched over earlier this year.

oh, ok. cool.

thanks for the correction.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Sphinx said:
Not any more, Sony has adjusted their quarterly reports to reflect shipped-to-retail, similar to Nintendo and MS. They switched over earlier this year.

you just disagreed and reagreed with him in the same sentence... wtf.

quetz67

Banned
I thought Sony already shipped 5.5M in march. So they changed the counting and this shows how these 5.5M went from manufactured to shipped to retailers?!?

The Sphinx said:
Well, he's still sorta right in how they word it. On their website, the old (manufactured) way is referred to as "Cumulative Production Shipments of Hardware", and the new way (shipped) is referred to as "Unit Sales of Hardware".

Unrelatedly, I wish I could use this as some sort of joking response, but as the context hasn't come up and I want to sleep, I'll just toss this out there: bonus troll.

quetz67 said:
I thought Sony already shipped 5.5M in march. So they changed the counting and this shows how these 5.5M went from manufactured to shipped to retailers?!?
Pretty much. Old way versus new way

DCharlie

So essentially Sony lost $841M to ship 2M PS3? That's huge.

i wonder if this loss factors in the expected loss on inventory and the new delta between the new price and the new unit?

Top Bottom