• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PokeBomb: New Evolution Dropping Wednesday

ash_ag

I expected an old Pokémon evolution, but I really like this one. Simple and clean design progression. I hope there's no third evolution though.

Aggrotek

That doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy the pattern. Just because they've done it before doesn't mean he has to like that they do it.

Magneton and Dugtrio are great designs. I personally love Vanilluxe, and am kinda meh about Klinklang. To say that it is unoriginal is dumb. Did you expect it? Probably not. Just because you don't like something isn't a reason to say it is unoriginal. We haven't had a dual sword pokemon, therefore it is original.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sweet.

People who complain about "it adds more" forget that "one" is focused on its name. Honedge, Monorpale, Hitotsuki...

PK Gaming

I actually like Doublade

I'm just confused as to why they thought it was a good idea to announce a Pokemon reveal beforehand...

Jeez? If they're going to announce something before, it better damn well be significant. I would have been pleasantly surprised if they decided to reveal this thing on a whim... meh.

Yes I am that guy.

Well the design doesn't do much for me but i'm interested to see how it animates, I wonder just how connected both swords are to each other.

Aggrotek

Well the design doesn't do much for me but i'm interested to see how it animates, I wonder just how connected both swords are to each other.

Warriors of different tribes that loved each other but were forced apart. Committed suicide and their souls were bound to their blades.

Warriors of different tribes that loved each other but were forced apart. Committed suicide and their souls were bound to their blades.

This sounds about right for the pokedex, nothing like another morbid entry to add to the collection, especially for ghost types.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, to their credit, Magnemite, Klink, and Honedge are all inorganic Pokemon so them having a less-natural evolution is sort of fitting.

Plus Klinklang is a blast to use in Black and White, I hope Doublade is equally as cool. I like how the intersection of the swords forms a symbol.

zroid

Banned
Unlike other "add more" Pokémon, Dual Blades are actually a thing, so this is a logical evolution. Now, if Doublade evolves into Triblade, that will be pretty stupid. Hopefully it won't come to that.

survivor

Banned
Disappointing evolution. Not sure why Game Freak went back to the terrible Gen 1 school of evolution design.

At the very least, the sword Pokemon itself is good so it's not completely awful.

JoeM86

What are you guys on about? I think the design is cutting-edge. It looks very sharp. Hell, I bet it has some decent STAB moves too...

Boss Doggie

Yeah, this evolution makes sense. People forget that its name has a theme going on.

Also...

stock-illustration-9110793-swords-and-shield.jpg

eh, out of all pokemon they chose this one.

it's fine if evo 3 is a ghost holding these two swords. it escaped out of the metal.

Vyse24

Unlike other "add more" Pokémon, Dual Blades are actually a thing, so this is a logical evolution. Now, if Doublade evolves into Triblade, that will be pretty stupid. Hopefully it won't come to that.

If they do have another evolution, it needs to be like a legendary sword like Excalibur or Fragarach.

What are you guys on about? I think the design is cutting-edge. It looks very sharp. Hell, I bet it has some decent STAB moves too...

It's a great design no matter how you slice it.

Magneton and Dugtrio are great designs. I personally love Vanilluxe, and am kinda meh about Klinklang. To say that it is unoriginal is dumb. Did you expect it? Probably not. Just because you don't like something isn't a reason to say it is unoriginal. We haven't had a dual sword pokemon, therefore it is original.
1) What is a good design is subjective. You don't get to dictate what other people should think is good.

2) Taking something and multiplying it is the definition of unoriginal. There is literally no difference in those two Pokemon other then the fact that there are now more of them. The pre evolution is original, the evolution is unoriginal because all its doing is repeating what they've already done design wise.

This is coming from someone who's favorite electric Pokemon is the Magnemite - Magnezone line.

Boss Doggie

I just don't like the name, Doublade. Sounds like a Kamen Rider weapon!

Maybe it'll grow on me though,

You make it sound like being a Kamen Rider weapon name is bad :p

eh, out of all pokemon they chose this one.

it's fine if evo 3 is a ghost holding these two swords. it escaped out of the metal.

Nah, I expect it to be a coat of arms.

1) What is a good design is subjective. You don't get to dictate what other people should think is good.

2) Taking something and multiplying it is the definition of unoriginal. There is literally no difference in those two Pokemon other then the fact that there are now more of them. The pre evolution is original, the evolution is unoriginal because all its doing is repeating what they've already done design wise.

This is coming from someone who's favorite electric Pokemon is the Magnemite - Magnezone line.

But this one has a theme.

Unlike most "repeaters", Klinklang and Doublade makes sense because it's part of their theme.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
But they aren't just two Honedge stuck together, there are changes to the sheath and handle design, and the two work together symmetrically to form an arrow in the center where the swords intersect, and then a full crescent handle as each one is 3/4ths of a crescent.

But they aren't just two Honedge stuck together, there are changes to the sheath and handle design, and the two work together symmetrically to form an arrow in the center where the swords intersect, and then a full crescent handle as each one is 3/4ths of a crescent.
They are also pink instead of blue!

Honedge's final stage confirmed.

item_info1.01581.00000014.jpg

The design is fine, but it seems a bit random that they would hype up this evolution of all things in advance.

jwhit28

I wish these type of double Pokemon had special evolutions. I want to have to make Slowpoke fish where Shellder are, I want to have to have 3 Magnemites or Diglets in a party and level one up to get Magneton or Dugtrio.

Top Bottom