• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Stock Market & Insider Trading Thread: Scratching that BAWSAQ itch

todahawk

GjzL5ee.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Lot$ & lot$ of $tock market convo in the main GTA V thread and it was $uggested that a $eparate thread be created... $o here we are.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
If you're in here, you probably know what thi$ thread i$ for so let's get down to business.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mkC7Hqo.jpg

100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS 100$ BILLS

"Buy low, $ell high" i$n't going to cut it in GTA's $tock market... not when it'$ ripe for influence.
There are two market$ in GTA V, LCN and BAWSAQ. There i$ a key different between the two:

LCN
The price$ of LCN stock$ are directly influenced by what the player does in $ingle player $tory Mode.

BAWSAQ
The price$ of BAWSAQ stocks are affected by the GTA V online community. i.e., Ammu-Nation could be a $olid investment, because it's constantly rai$ing in pric€ a$ player$ continue to purcha$e weapon$ and ammunition in-game.​

$+€=???

PM m€ if th€r€'$ info that n€€ds to go in the OP

/obnoxious

€€€€€€€€€€€€
TIP$ & $HIT
€€€€€€€€€€€€

FORMATTING INCOMING

Don't go over $2,147,483,647 (per character as money is separate) or it will roll over into a negative value! (That be $2.1+ BILLLION dollars for you comma counting despising hipsters)
See OmegaDL50's post for full info

It might be useful to know that if a certain company's vehicles/buildings/employees were to EXPLODE that stumbling into a few million shares of their rival could be a sound financial investment.
Screen_shot_2013-09-24_at_16.26_.17_.png

^I'm gonna pretty this little thing up later
Thx to StratosGK for the post

BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY
$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL
IN$IDER TRADING $HENANIGAN$
BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY
$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL$ELL

Check last page of thread, shit's moving too fast

£££££££££££££££
TE$TIMONIAL$
£££££££££££££££

I made 500 million dollars due to gaf.

op note: 1k pardons for originally & mistakenly titling this thread as an | OT |

QP3

Playing the GTA V stockmarket has caused me to pay much more attention to my IRL stocks. Go figure.

Mikey Jr.

Not sure why people give such a shit about money in this game.

I mean, I have millions. What is the point of more?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Awww yeaaa...

Gimmie that paper.

Pißwasser and BurgerShot could be potential targets right now.

edit: Sick OT

torontoml

Invested everything in PIS yesterday at around 2.59 up to like 5.30 now on the social club site, haven't been on the game yet today. Going to keep riding this one.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the last two Lester missions I did told me about stocks that I couldn't find on LCN (Fruit/iFruit and the car company whose name I've forgotten). I assumed they were on BAWSAQ, since BAWSAQ was down for some odd reason (I assumed due to story reasons), but now I understand that BAWSAQ is actually tied to the online game and thus shouldn't even be affected by single-player events. So what gives? How come I can't find the stocks?

OmegaDL50

Anyone who plans to use the stock market to get a massive amount of money should be cautious that the game uses a signed 32-Bit integer (i.e any value higher then 2,147,483,647 will roll over into a negative value)

This is actually very easy to do on a replay or anyone who holds out the Assassination missions.

http://imageshack.us/a/img407/171/2ljb.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/5444/l95p.jpg

At the end game I had about 36 Million split between all three characters. Redwood Juror Assassination left me with 280 Milllion (Invest in Debonaire before Mission, Do Mission, Wait until Debonaire stocks raise, sell off Debonaire shares, invest all in Redwood, wait until Redwood stabilizes, sell all of Redwood stocks.

After the iFruit Assassination I had about 560 Million, and the Vapid Assassination it jumped to 980 Million. Gold Coast bumped me up to 1.6 Billion.

This is the point where everyone should generally stop. I happened to get that random hitchhiker mission after the story mode and my stock market stuff, telling me the hint about Tinkle Stocks, I decided to dump my 1.6 Billion into that. I figured why not.

smashed up my car and tried to fix it I was surprised to see the game told me I could not afford to repair it and noticed my money was in a negative value.

Have fun with the stock market but don't go too crazy.

Wasp

I invested every dollar I owned in Betta Pharmaceuticals just before the first Lester assassination mission. After the mission it very slowly rose to 50% but I didn't sell because I heard it goes up to 80% at least. I checked back on it 15 minutes later and it had suddenly dropped all the way down to 5% and now it's dropped even further to -2%. Wat?

Why would you want to buy all the properties?

Why do anything in the game?

Because it's fun, and something to do post game.

I'll follow the thread. The in game markets seem to always be going down in my game, and the BAWSAQ has such minor differences I don't see how it's worth investing yet. Outside of jumping on H&L when it was a dollar, anyway. I only have one Lester mission left, so I'm saving that for later.

Anyone who plans to use the stock market to get a massive amount of money should be cautious that the game uses a signed 32-Bit integer (i.e any value higher then 2,147,483,647 will roll over into a negative value)

This is actually very easy to do on a replay or anyone who holds out the Assassination missions.

At the end game I had about 36 Million split between all three characters. Redwood Juror Assassination left me with 280 Milllion (Invest in Debonaire before Mission, Do Mission, Wait until Debonaire stocks raise, sell off Debonaire shares, invest all in Redwood, wait until Redwood stabilizes, sell all of Redwood stocks.

After the iFruit Assassination I had about 560 Million, and the Vapid Assassination it jumped to 980 Million. Gold Coast bumped me up to 1.6 Billion.

This is the point where everyone should generally stop. I happened to get that random hitchhiker mission after the story mode and my stock market stuff, telling me the hint about Tinkle Stocks, I decided to dump my 1.6 Billion into that. I figured why not.

smashed up my car and tried to fix it I was surprised to see the game told me I could not afford to repair it and noticed my money was in a negative value.

dvqNBNF.jpg

DukeSucks

I invested every dollar I owned in Betta Pharmaceuticals just before the first Lester assassination mission. After the mission it very slowly rose to 50% but I didn't sell because I heard it goes up to 80% at least. I checked back on it 15 minutes later and it had suddenly dropped all the way down to 5% and now it's dropped even further to -2%. Wat?

I sold when it got a little over 79%, but I pretty much just drove up to the Vinewood sign and kept checking my phone until it go to that point. Didn't look to see how fast it dropped.

Mentioned in the other thread, but I put all my money except 10k per character into PIS a little while ago. Only at the point where it was no more than 200k per, and I missed the low point, so I'll be happy with a little profit on this until the next one.

jett

D-Member

Replaying missions gets you money?

And I will say, even though it makes sense in the game, I really don't like managing three different characters stocks. Wish there was a way to keep track of them all without actually switching characters. It's pretty annoying to see you missed a bump because the story has been forcing you to spend more time with one character, or you just want to check up on the stocks and Trevors crazy ass is getting into fights or running from the cops.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
And I will say, even though it makes sense in the game, I really don't like managing three different characters stocks. Wish there was a way to keep track of them all without actually switching characters. It's pretty annoying to see you missed a bump because the story has been forcing you to spend more time with one character, or you just want to check up on the stocks and Trevors crazy ass is getting into fights or running from the cops.

I would like there to be a way to purchase stock from the social club site. I think that would make things easier.

Top Bottom