• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

UPDATE 2 -

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU

Link goes live in
t1381816800z4.png

UPDATE - KH3 trailer impressions via SQEXGAL

- The new KH3 trailer shows something like attractions, a train summon like the electrical parade? Also fighting the Rock titan.
- Movements on screen are really dynamic. Just as beautiful as expected for the PS4.
- I also noticed a scene where it looked like a Keyblade variation where Sora dual shooting 2 guns.
- Sora's new attack! Disney attractions! In the new trailer, you see the pirate ship from Peter Pan, but it's lit up like in the Electrical Parade!
- Fighting Heartless and the Rock Titan in Traverse Town. Sora is in front of the electrical parade attraction like boat, attacking. The Rock Titan line gradually appears in front of the electric parade coaster. It seems to attack by spinning around the Titan.
- They already said that KH3 uses an exclusive tool called Kingdom Shader, but seeing it, it's really amazing! Sora's hair sways naturally, his expression is soft and realistic, his caricature is portrayed beautifully. I want this trailer to be released immediately!
- On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men. リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.
- It goes without saying that the action is great, but even flames appear really realistic! I can't wait to see what the magic will look like from here on out!
- The special attraction attack used against Rock Titan is the Electric Parade like roller coaster you can ride! It looks a lot like the Big Thunder Mountain attraction from Disneyland. Donald and Goofy are secured by the safety bar, lol.
- Also, there was a scene where the Keyblade transformed into 2 guns.

The KH3 trailer we've been waiting for centered on a battle scene with Sora Donald and Goofy in Traverse Town. It looked like Sora was using Aqua's Magic Wish command style. Lastly, the Keyblade separated and was held in both hands, shooting balls of light. (@ohkasaeki)

Then the scene changes and we see Sora operating a boat like in an amusement park. Probably Peter Pan. It looks like the night version of the float that Peter Pan rides in the Disneyland Jubilation parade.

The next scene looks like Big Thunder Mountain from Disneyland. You attack while riding on top of a shining coaster as the tracks surround Rock Titan, sending him spinning. Finally, Sora and co get off the coaster as it crashes into the Titan. (@ohkasaeki)

The latest KH3 trailer was only battle scenes that confirm the appearance of Sora and Riku. Look forward to Roxas, Ven, and the rest from here on out. (@ohkasaeki)

ORIGINAL POST -

The next PlayStation "Converstations with Creators" video will be about Kingdom Hearts 3 with Tetsuya Nomura. Before the video goes live, he left this message for Play Community members:

"I still don't have much information on KHIII that I can release to the public, but I spoke to the extent I was able. Please enjoy the interview, along with part of the new clip that will be released at the event this month."

Disney's D23 event runs from 12-14 Oct, and the KH session is planned between 15:00-16:00 on 14th Oct.

Via KH13

42tCQmH.jpg

Banzai

I doubt they have anything substantial to show yet, probably another very short cutscene like sora picking up eraqus' keyblade.

Kinda hoping it'll be an Aqua clip in a way. A strong female lead that wasn't a crap character (Lightning?) and yet, noone looks at her. Pffft.

Would also be a great boost for 2.5... but you know what? I'll take whatever even if it is likely to be a myserious figure talking about stuff. Or a quick keyblade shot.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh goody we get to see 15 seconds of test footage for a game that won't exist for another 5 years.

Feorax

Intetesting that it's at a Disney event. Seems to me that Disney has always treated the franchise with a little bit of distain. Almost like "yeah, we licensed the characters, but we don't really want anything to do with this other than that."

Shame really, there's obviously a big following for these games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Intetesting that it's at a Disney event. Seems to me that Disney has always treated the franchise with a little bit of distain. Almost like "yeah, we licensed the characters, but we don't really want anything to do with this other than that."

Can't wait to see Star Wars/Pixar in KH3.

What would Disney do with the franchise? Disney is known for wanting to use some of the characters as marketing device like Chicken Little in KH2 but really outside of that what should they realistically even do about the games other than support SE.

I do agree that KH is not a big thing for Disney but that is exactly why I don't see it strange at all. They do promote the games tho somewhat.

Asd202

People are acually exicted for few seconds CG clip? Really? After FF XV at TGS how can you expect it to be good?

Pretty sure I've read Disney are generally really supportive. Maybe not publically. Surprising given that almost everything is theirs to do whatever they want with. After all you won't see anything KH without a Disney marking on it. I dread the day if/when relationships turn sour and Disney simply say reject SE on everything KH.

Feorax

What would Disney do with the franchise? Disney is known for wanting to use some of the characters as marketing device like Chicken Little in KH2 but really outside of that what should they realistically even do about the games other than support SE.

I do agree that KH is not a big thing for Disney but that is exactly why I don't see it strange at all. They do promote the games tho somewhat.

It's been a little while since the last mainstream game in the series, so my memory could be a little hazy, but I really don't recall any great examples of them promoting the games. They also do very little from what I've seen in the way of merchandising, which is unlike Disney, as they seem to want to merchandise the crap out of anything that seems remotely popular.

Maybe it's a licensing issue with Square, I'm not sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPGCrazied

Lets hope it looks a little better than the E3 footage. It looked nice, but really was just a tech demo of the engine for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom