• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Raving Rabbids can’t make official threads, but they can make sequels!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bandeau_haut.jpg

---------------------------
Basic Information
---------------------------

Official Website: http://ravingrabbids2.us.ubi.com/index.php

Genre: Party Game

Rating: E+10

Release Dates:

Wii
US -- 11/15/2007
Australia – 15/11/2007
Europe – 16/11/2007
Japan – 12/06/2007

DS
US – 11/13/2007
Australia – 16/11/2007
Europe – 29/11/2007
Japan – TBA

PC
US – Q1 2008

-----------------------
Plot
-----------------------

Ubisoft said:
The Rabbids Strike Again!

The mischievous bunnies are back in a hilarious sequel that is guaranteed to be even crazier and funnier than the first – and with even more wacky games!

They've invaded the world of Rayman, and now the insane Rabbids have a new objective: invade planet Earth! They have established their base at a shopping mall and begun training for their nastiest scheme yet. As part of this training, the Rabbids must carry out several missions around the globe to help them in an attempt to dominate the world. The Rabbids will also try to study human behavior by mimicking everything we do…but in the Rabbid sort of way, with no logic…of course.

Back to battle the Rabbids and stop the invasion is Rayman, who will infiltrate the Rabbids by disguising himself as one of them

------------------
New Features
------------------

--- 60 new party games, including ones that are a parody of Rock Band!
--- more focus on simultaneous multiplayer for 4 players
--- rabbids dressed up as Jack Sparrow, Spider-man and more!
--- online leaderboards for Wii, online multiplayer for DS

---------------
Previews
---------------

Gametrailers Gameplay demonstration
Wiitalia Preview

----------------
Box Art
----------------

rrr2-na.jpg
Rrr2-wii-cover.jpg

---------------
Images
---------------

rrrrockband.jpg

rrr2rockband2.jpg

rrr2football.jpg

rrr2.jpg

rrr2-1.jpg

rrr2-2.jpg

-------------------------
Hilarious Videos
------------------------

Rabbids invade THE WORLD
Rabbids invade PARIS
Rabbids invade NEW ZEALAND
Rabbids invade the TOUR de FRANCE
Rabbids invade the GAMES CONVENTION....again
Rabbids invade the WHITE HOUSE
Rabbids invade JAPAN

-----------------
In Conclusion
-----------------

killerbunnies.gif

zoku88

I'll be quick to admit that I hate Rayman Raving Rabbids, but I really I can't help be thinking that the rabbits are pretty cute >_<

Dizzan

MINI Member
Must buy (or someone must buy it for me for xmas).

The only problem with the first one was the lack of simultaneous multiplayer.

Theyve obviously fixed that now so I am expecting to have some fun times with my family and friends. I hope they bundle it with another wiimote

These games have a certain charm to them. I wouldn't play RRR for an extended period of time, but I couldn't help but smile during the games I watched.

1. awesome humor, so much so that it will make people buy the game. good job, ubi.

2. it seems the impressions are that the waggle use is unimaginative, just shake shaking, kinda like the SOnic and Mario olympic thingie. Shitty job, ubi.

:(

:lol loved the first one... I'm going to wait on it though, to many AAA titles coming out this fall. I'll pick it up around Christmas time so I can give the Wii some good ol' family loving.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
rakka said:
what, and you like these 'rabbids'?

Who the fuck doesn't? They're quite honestly the most appealing thing about the Rayman Raving Rabbids games and rank among the best characters to appear this generation. Hell if it weren't for them I wouldn't have even played the first game to any length of time, let alone bother looking in this topic about the sequel.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
El-Suave said:
Ubisoft already has a backup marketing strategy in place in case it doesn't sell:
videogame_petz_big.jpg
:lol

If you have to buy one mini-game compilation on Wii this fall don't let it be Mario and Sonic, let it be RRR2! I know I'll get this when I get a Wii at budget price.

Lobster

Banned

You know..some part of me wishes that instad of the actual ghost recon or far cry instincts that Wii instead gets Bunny Recon and Bunnies instinct.

I just feel that Ubi could really pull it off and it would be their killer app for Wii.

Could you imagine playing Bunnies Creed? Instead of stabbing people with a knife you'd put a carrot in their mouth.

Lobster said:

You know..some part of me wishes that instad of the actual ghost recon or far cry instincts that Wii instead gets Bunny Recon and Bunnies instinct.

I just feel that Ubi could really pull it off and it would be their killer app for Wii.

Could you imagine playing Bunnies Creed? Instead of stabbing people with a knife you'd put a carrot in their mouth.

Don't say it too loud or they might do it

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm wondering if I should get the 360 version instead. On one hand the shooting parts (best part imo) would be better with the wiimote, on the other hand the decathlon-type parts would be much more tolerable using buttonpresses. I swear the first game hurt my hands so much.

El-Suave

flipping_heck said:
heh, the Assassin's Creed one wants me to have a Raymond's Raving Rabbids game... :p

I would want them to drop Rayman from the Rabbids franchise and give him the Jump 'n Run he deserves. Maybe with a Bunny sidekick to maximize cross promotion but they shouldn't overdo them in that game. That way they could establish two franchises on the Wii.

The Rabbids clearly have eclipsed Rayman in public awareness recently. In my opinion that character will suffer if they keep him attached to the Rabbids.

Haunted

Tempy said:
I'm wondering if I should get the 360 version instead. On one hand the shooting parts (best part imo) would be better with the wiimote, on the other hand the decathlon-type parts would be much more tolerable using buttonpresses. I swear the first game hurt my hands so much.
It's only on Wii/DS afaik.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tempy said:
Haunted One said:
It's only on Wii/DS afaik.

Yep, no 360 version. Only Wii & DS for now, with PC down the line. But I'm not sure why anyone would choose anything but the Wii version since reviews of the original all cited the game as being built around the Wii controls.

You know, for character design as completely fuck awesome as the rabbids, I really wish the game did not suck donkey arse.

Just imagine an awesome Lemmings-like clone where you've got all of these crazy rabbids units to get through crazy rabbid (or even real world) scenarios!

Top Bottom