• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's The Crew delayed, releasing after April 1st, 2014

PJpv1xC.png

Watch Dogs was previously scheduled for November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe, while The Crew was never assigned a specific date but was due in the first quarter of 2014.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs and The Crew have been delayed. Both titles were previously set for Ubisoft’s current fiscal year (which ends on March 31, 2014) but will now be released in the following fiscal year instead. This means that the earliest date either title will be released is April 1, 2014.

Watch Dogs was previously scheduled for November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe, while The Crew was due in early 2014.

Developing…

So Summer/Autumn 2014.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Yves Guillemot needs to be fired.

I dunno how they get away with this all the time. Show a game. Go dark. Delay it indefinitely.

Insane.

WTF is going on over there? Is this a similar situation to Watch Doggies? With Driveclub and Forza 5 coming out too much competition? Something else?

EDIT: I was wrong on timing - never slated for same timeframe. Doah.

Tan

The Crew is Watch Dogs confirmed.

Ubisoft wasn't satisfied with the AND ALSO IT'S MULTIPLAYER gag and now they're going to surprise us with AND NOW EVERY GAME IS EVERY GAME!!

I'm more interested in this than Watch Dogs, I think giving it more time is a very prudent move though given what we've seen.

I was really exited for the crew... But if it is getting more polish the better.... That and April could be a good time to play it if Destiny doesn't just come crashing down

Starting to think they want to see a bigger next-gen installed base.......

Same.

Especially with the way that gamers and publications alike seem to link success/fun games with first day/month/week sales etc.

Still surprising though, considering this is still going to be the biggest ever launch for both consoles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Crew was never scheduled for any particular time period

I don't get where they're getting this info from. They ALWAYS said it was '2014.'

kazebyaka

Banned
Maybe this means they are not sure about how good next gen will sell at launch and bailing out to see how the situation turns out?

Top Bottom