• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's shares plunge 22%

As much as the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 might suffer from the delay of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, that may seem minor compared to the impact to the publisher itself. Ubisoft's shares have taken a pounding today, with the company's stock trading down 22 percent to $2.27 as of this writing.
The Watch Dogs delay may be the most disappointing news for gamers, but it was just one of a number of Ubisoft setbacks for investors. The publisher also pushed its open-world racing game The Crew into the next fiscal year, and revealed that recent releases Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell: Blacklist have failed to meet the company's sales expectations. Those factors put together were reason enough for Ubisoft to lower its full-year sales forecast more than €400 million, or about 30 percent.
GI.Biz

ekim

Skmyyy5.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I had no early idea Ubisoft was a publicly traded company. I wonder how many people think they delayed it so it doesn't compete with AC4.

tsab

and revealed that recent releases Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell: Blacklist have failed to meet the company's sales expectations

So delaying it 7 months and releasing side by side with GTAV didn't help?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Man, ever since I bought UbI shares they've dropped but this is fucked.

In it for long though.

Yeah, if you were interested in Ubi stock at all, now's probably the time to buy. Watch it shoot back up when they have two massive franchises at once, but at different times now. AC in Winter, Watch_Dogs in Spring.

codhand

it's not "deserved" and i'm not even looking forward to this. this is a case of wall-street being out of touch with nerd-street

only advice if you wanna buy, is dont do it all today, itll prolly stay crazy at least a couple days...

E92 M3

I had no early idea Ubisoft was a publicly traded company. I wonder how many people think they delayed it so it doesn't compete with AC4.

My question is why would they even approve it to be released alongside AC4 - makes zero sense. It's like if MS released Halo and Gears in the same month.

Drazgul

Yeah, if you were interested in Ubi stock at all, now's probably the time to buy. Watch it shoot back up when they have two massive franchises at once, but at different times now. AC in Winter, Watch_Dogs in Spring.

A bit too early to call WD a franchise when the first one's not even out yet.

My question is why would they even approve it to be released alongside AC4 - makes zero sense. It's like if MS released Halo and Gears in the same month.

Exactly. They were basically competing with themselves.

They should've pushed one of them to Spring way earlier, but Watch_Dogs had a ton of traction off its reveal and AC4 is looking like it'll land quite nicely, and it has seniority (though I think they're putting it to pasture soon).

Tsundere

Banned
To be expected, investors know to expect very little return this year, from the conference call they had yesterday.

monome

lol

or not so lol.

Ubi is in for a wild ride if AC4 sells less units than 3.

This gen Ubi has cimented itself as the house of Ass and it's time for a spanking.

AHA-Lambda

Deserved. Delaying Watch Dogs so close to release is cause for concern about the overall management.

Honestly, apart from Just Dance and AC, Ubi seems to really bad at releasing things on schedule. Look at most of the Tom Clancy games in recent years i.e. Conviction, Future Soldier and the upcoming R6 Patriots.

The fact that Watch Dogs wasn't playable at Eurogamer last month, probably should have set some alarms ringing in hindsight.

Top Bottom