• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
If true and all this is over the one off launch event I will have lost all respect for Sessler. Getting your wife involved and talking about switching careers over something like that is beyond ridiculous.

Casa de Sessler seems to be all about the hyperbole.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Actually...yes...it seems he has deleted them...

As for the dude and the canceled preorder...he hasn't posted anything that couldn't be faked by canceling another order...even the email could be EASILY faked with simple photoshop or word processing skills lol
The product description in the cancellation email doesn't match what's on the original order page, which would make it a little harder to fake. And honestly, I'd be more shocked at people keeping their XB1 pre-order at this point.

yeah he said if it ever came out he was going to return to his category 11 shitstorm proof bunker that he entered when mortimer,CBOAT,and thuway dropped the 720 bomb so its gotta be really bad

yeah someone has to leak it, people are putting out some good money for next gen and if this aint leaked before they buy, if it truly is something bad. we are in the fucking need to know category.

Demon Ice

Banned
Wait this happened before, well in this case he would honestly damn well deserve it and would be lucky to still own the boxers he was wearing after the legal department over at Sony finished with him

Yeah, Adam Orth. Wayyyyy back when it was being strongly hinted but unconfirmed that the XB1 would require a constantly active internet connection to play all games, single- or multiplayer.

Orth worked for Microsoft and made some less than intelligent tweets and demonstrated an extreme lack of ability in the analogy-making department.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I would imagine that someone at Sony would be VERY interested to know the contents of conversation between Misters Gies and Panello...
That's one of the more interesting things to me. He's basically stating intention to reveal protected information to a competitor. There's no other way to interpret it.

Mondy

Banned
What exactly is going on? Sony embargoed their review of the ps4?

There are a million theories right now, but the biggest is Microsoft have embargoed reviews of the Xbone version of COD Ghosts until right before launch, whereas all the rest of the launch titles are only embargoed until a week before.

The reason being is CoD on Xbone is 720p but 1080p on PS4. Sessler might be eluding to the fact that they are trying to prevent comparison videos from being uploaded detailing this.

Again, this is all conjecture until we get clarification from Sessler.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It got locked because people were posting stupid crap from 4chan.

By people do you mean one person? A lot of people refuted it, but that's cause the thread was moving so fast they didn't yet notice it being already refuted yet.

viveks86

Serious question where is Senjutsusage? :)

He's busy staring at Ryse videos. Just read his post about the Eurogamer interview on the Ryse thread :D

iqgmo9mif64atoek99.gif

kriskrosbbk

so, in the past day or two, we found out:

-CoD is 720p on X1, and 1080p on PS4, but both have framerate issues that are being worked on.

-Battlefield 4 is 720p on X1, and 900p on PS4.

-there is something wrong with the X1 beyond simply the resolution difference. (as mentioned by CBOAT)

-some game reviewers are pissed that they have limited access to review some Sony first party games or the PS4 hardware early.

is that about right?

Who did confirm to us the 900p on PS4?

Daffy Duck

I would be surprised if it didn't (referring to the PS4 version, obviously).

I would be too. Would be nice to know.

Has CoD always been 60fps in single player before? I know MP has been 60fps (mostly) but I don't know about single player.

Because he can't undo what he did. He canceled the pre-order because he was pissed that CoD is 720p, I'm sure he will regret his decision later and there will nothing he can do, he didn't even pre-order CoD.

he cancelled because it was too much bad news and he was weary of paying $500 for it...

viveks86

he cancelled because it was too much bad news and he was weary of paying $500 for it...

This. Though I don't see why he needs to cancel now instead of canceling after 2 weeks. Buying more time is always the best option, no? Don't know if it'll make a difference, but canceling the preorder right now seems like a knee jerk reaction.

So Sony didn't allow certain reviewers to access the full PS4 system, OK but from the tweets and the drama I thought that Sony was holding a gun to Sessler's head forcing him to say good things about PS4.

why not just wait for this issue to be cleared on the event? why all the drama to begin with? hell even Sessler was considering working on a different industry for this? II really can't believe this.

Yeah all the drama that's happened for months and all of a sudden this is the straw that broke the camel's back?

Mondy

Banned

And that seems to be more the bigger point is how many people are gonna sit back and think that spending more money for an inferior console is really a good idea just for the sake of convenience of having a friends list that is already full.

If the CoD crowd get wind of this and properly absorb what it means, coupled with the drastically improved DS4 for shooters, Microsoft are gonna find themselves in some pretty deep shit.

Gator86

It's a big deal to journalists. They can't review the game under their own conditions. Most reviewers hate this. I know the reaction is "Boohoo, big fucking deal" and everyone will mock them.. but they don't like staged conditions when playing games. When you read reviews and previews, you won't be getting the full story. If MS does this too, it's just as shitty.

We haven't been getting the full story for years. This isn't some huge change from the norm. I wonder if IGN will cover this type of stuff in their next totally not paid for AMA.

And that seems to be more the bigger point is how many people are gonna sit back and think that spending more money for an inferior console is really a good idea just for the sake of convenience of having a friends list that is already full.

If the CoD crowd get wind of this and properly absorb what it means, coupled with the drastically improved DS4 for shooters, Microsoft are gonna find themselves in some pretty deep shit.

It the absolute worst game they wanna be having a 1080p vs 720p disparity with

BF4 is 900p PS4 vs 720p XB1

per Thuway

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why would a small team need 10x PS4 devkits...? No video reviews on PS4.. what?

And how is this just 'inside baseball' if many of these multi-platform games are in fact rendering at lower resolutions on Xbox One?

Are Xbox one devkits currently $500 or is he basing that on moments from MS that eventually you can turn retail units into devkits for indies?

I really wish there was a "Here's what might be wrong with the next gen consoles" compendium thread that lists all of the known and rumored problems with the next gen consoles. Between the ESRAM, the 900p resolutions, the PSN rumors, day one patches, late firmware, and whatnot, I have no concrete idea on what has happened with these systems, and it is too hard to keep up with these threads where it starts with one rumor (900p norm for the Xbox) and morphs into industry drama and review embargoes.

Are Xbox one devkits currently $500 or is he basing that on moments from MS that eventually you can turn retail units into devkits for indies?

Yeah he's talking about their plans for later. But it's not that simple. Sony has their own ways of helping indie developers

Metfanant

Review events are not exclusive to the games industry....movies do this type of stuff...the auto industry is infamously known for this type of thing...in that case they go at things from all sorts of angles...

- review events, where they invite all the car magazines and have a bunch of the specific car ready to be reviewed under controlled conditions
- sending cars with full teams of engineers to make sure that the car is properly set up for whatever type of test the magazine intends to do...regardless of factory settings
- sending special "press" cars to reviews that intentionally have additional horsepower to make the review look better

Gaming journalists act like they are the only ones that have to deal with these types of things...it's comical...

If legit Xbone dev kits were only $500 I'm sure they would be all over GAF lol...he is talking about that MS plan that we have not heard any details about since it was announced except for the fact that it won't be ready for launch

I really wish there was a "Here's what might be wrong with the next gen consoles" compendium thread that lists all of the known and rumored problems with the next gen consoles. Between the ESRAM, the 900p resolutions, the PSN rumors, day one patches, late firmware, and whatnot, I have no concrete idea on what has happened with these systems, and it is too hard to keep up with these threads where it starts with one rumor (900p norm for the Xbox) and morphs into industry drama and review embargoes.
What the hell are the psn rumors?

SRTtoZ

Xbone dev kits are the same price as ps4 devkits. He says 500 because a future patch will allow the Xbone to be used as a devkit. Also Sony is lending out devkits like its nobodies business so really most devs aren't paying for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom