• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raist

Banned
Every 3rd party game I'm seeing, with the exception of Battlefield, just looks like last gen in higher resolution. Sony are on another level here.

Well... major studios are mostly doing cross-gen for now so that's a given.
The thing is, unless they can afford to dedicate as much resources as Sony can on ONE platform, this will never happen. Not that they suck, but it's simply not compatible with having to dedicate money, manpower and time to several versions of a game.
And even then they'll probably never be able to tackle the HW as much as 1st parties do, because they have a ridiculous headstart.

Gif! Gif! Gif!

As you wish :)

k8fet.gif

viveks86

Well... major studios are mostly doing cross-gen for now so that's a given.
The thing is, unless they can afford to dedicate as much resources as Sony can on ONE platform, this will never happen. Not that they suck, but it's simply not compatible with having to dedicate money, manpower and time to several versions of a game.
And even then they'll probably never be able to tackle the HW as much as 1st parties do, because they have a ridiculous headstart.

Agreed. I'm hoping the disparity is largely attributed to most AAA multiplats being cross gen. If they can reach the levels of "the division" in 2014, I think the gap will close quite a bit. That's a big IF, though.

ItIsOkBro

Wait, so, the cars are real licensed? But they control arcadey/unrealistically? Or is it like GT?

Not big on racing, but I have to say, the environments make me want to exit the car and explore the world. Great job with the sceneries/lighting.

The impression I get is that they want to make a somewhat realistic racing game, but by not calling it simulation means you don't have to get cars to handle like their real life counterparts...you don't have to to include those ugly, empty real world race tracks...you don't have to have polite, courteous AI...it's like simulation minus the boring.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Ok....my hype levels have jumped up big time with the first video.... I don't know how much longer I can take these 5 second clips...

Rushy

love it. Also Driveclub looks like to have best hand animations in any racing game delivering dat 900
You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to delivering full 900 degree steering wheel animations, every car had to be rigged and animated individually. You've got both paddle shifts and stick shifts, and so many different styles of steering wheel.

The animation team really has done a cracking job, and the game just looks so much more natural because of it. When you see a car go round a tight corner with a minuscule amount of steering lock it just breaks the whole illusion, so I'm glad we've managed to raise the bar here :)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to delivering full 900 degree steering wheel animations, every car had to be rigged and animated individually. You've got both paddle shifts and stick shifts, and so many different styles of steering wheel.

The animation team really has done a cracking job, and the game just looks so much more natural because of it. When you see a car go round a tight corner with a minuscule amount of steering lock it just breaks the whole illusion, so I'm glad we've managed to raise the bar here :)

This game is INSANE. I even noticed reflection in those ventilators ... Take all the time you need. I can wait.

When you first showed this game you called it 'true first person racing' and showed someone climbing into a car. Can you perhaps expand on that?

THANK YOU! It is highly highly appreciated. I hate the lack of full 900 degree animation in most games.

It looks fantastic Rushy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom