• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ROCK BAND Strat reliability thread - report in here

Meier said:
Doubt it. Best Buy 'shipped' my Zune on Friday.. come to find out today it's still just 'Billing Received' and sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be picked up. Unfortunately they probably won't send it out till Monday for you either.

A Zune? We're not on speaking terms anymore.

TheDuce22

Banned
Woops, I didnt notice this thread. I posted this question in the other one.

My guitar seems to be working fine but I can hear something rattling around on the inside. Is this normal?

Meier

StrikerObi said:
A Zune? We're not on speaking terms anymore.

Apple missed the boat with making the Touch so small in terms of storage size. The regular iPod is just so boring and played out at this point and I can't imagine why anyone would get it.

robochimp

StrikerObi said:
When did you guys submit your requests? I put mine in last Friday and have received no such email. My shipping status is still listed as billing info received, and I chose express shipping.

Edit: Hmm, my EA Account says the troubleshoot was updated on Friday the 30th with "parts shipped". I guess it's just not in UPS' system yet, hopefully it will be tomorrow.

Mine said the same thing on the 29th. Just plugged in my tracking number "billing info received"

got this email this morning

Greetings Rocker,

Congratulations on your purchase of Rock Band!

After reviewing our records, we see that your recent request for a replacement guitar has been subject to an unacceptably long delay due to a late shipment from our manufacturer.

By the time you receive this, your replacement guitar should be on its way to you. However, the Rock Band team is committed to providing a world-class customer experience and we do not believe we have met this commitment in connection with your request. As a token of our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we will be offering you a FREE EA game. Details will follow shortly.

We are sorry if your first experience with Rock Band has not met your expectations. We hope our gift will show you how committed we are to your satisfaction.

Thank you,

The Rock Band Team

I bet that FREE EA game will be Madden '06

Meier

Haha, I got a tag out of that last post. Too funny! But it's true, even though I've been a big iPod fan for years, there's simply no reason to buy a new one except for a Touch and really, who wants to spend $400 bucks for 16 gigs of storage in 2007 (almost 2008). Poor decision by Apple.

Giant Robot said:
got this email this morning

I bet that FREE EA game will be Madden '06
i'm really hoping they say "ANY ea game", and since bioware is owned by ea

ZOMG MASS EFFECT

its a stretch, but i hope :(

Arg, I put my request in last Friday but haven't received one of these special emails. If I missed the free game cut-off by one day I'm gonna be pissed.

birdman

StrikerObi said:
Arg, I put my request in last Friday but haven't received one of these special emails. If I missed the free game cut-off by one day I'm gonna be pissed.

I never got the e-mail either, and I put in for my request last Sunday. Oh well, the Strat's on it's way here, last time I checked UPS. Hope I don't get the even more screwed up one.

vdo

Has anyone heard much about the PS2 version of Rock Band that is coming out?

It's supposed to be later in December, but I can't find one review of it (I see previews and announcements, but nothing hands on).

I'm thinking of getting it for my nephews and am trying to figure out what the differences are from the other versions, besides no downloadable content (they wouldn't be doing any online - just playing together in their house).

How will the multiple peripherals attach since there are only two controller ports? Are they including something in the bundle pack that allow the guitar, drums, microphone (second guitar?) to connect in all at the same time?

it comes with a USB hub. and it's probably much like GH3 PS2 - no previews until after release because they don't consider it part of the real experience. It's just something they put together to appease the millions of PS2 owners who haven't upgraded to a PS3 or Xbox 360 yet.

mollipen

Meier said:
Apple missed the boat with making the Touch so small in terms of storage size. The regular iPod is just so boring and played out at this point and I can't imagine why anyone would get it.

Because they're still great portable audio players, and do most of what anybody needs from them? That'd be my guess. (But this really isn't the place for this discussion.)

My Strat is no longer a fan of deploying star power. I have to hold it up for long periods of time or randomly move it up and down to deploy. Sometimes it deploys when the guitar is in the normal position about 5-10 seconds after a failed deployment.

I never had this problem on my previous PS2 and 360 Guitar Hero controllers. Any tips, or do I just have a dud and should get it replaced while I still can?

I've had a few "Rock Band Parties" since I bought the game. As such, my strat has seen about 30 hours of play since I bought it. Last night, I noticed that my strum bar was was night behaving correctly on the up strums. While the down strum worked fine, the up struming would register as 2 strums. As such, any upstrum would break the combo immediately.

At the end of a song, the stats would read "99% notes hit, 5 note streak"

I'll be calling EA tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

I came back to my room today and my bass pedal is busted at the base where it pivots. It looks like someone just stomped on it and cracked the pedal. Is this a known issue or am i completely fucked with the "acceptable use of the product" disclaimer?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I received my replacement strat today. Works great, the strum bar takes a little getting used to but i can alt-strum to my hearts content.

bune duggy said:
there have been cracked pedals, yeah, but it doesn't just happen. do you have roommates or something?

I live in a fraternity house, and have been leaving my room open lately because people have a lot of fun playing Rock Band. I can find out who it is, but it would be a real pain in the ass if I had to confront them about buying me a new drum set.

Effulgence said:
I live in a fraternity house, and have been leaving my room open lately because people have a lot of fun playing Rock Band. I can find out who it is, but it would be a real pain in the ass if I had to confront them about buying me a new drum set.

Like Bune Duggy said, the pedal wont just spontaneously crack as if by magic. So yes, someone
(like a frat meathead.. sorry couldn't resist)
broke your pedal.
You don't have to buy a new drumset (not that you could if you wanted to anyway) but you're gonna have to go through the replacement process, and the way things are going, that can take a while :\

Effulgence said:
you should be more concerned that somebody broke your shit and isn't owning up to it.

finally got my replacement guitar today since the 2nd day the game came out. Strum seems a tiny bit stiffer, but makes A LOT less noise. Hopefully this one doesnt break on me. Also, i didn't get my "free" game from EA. fucking clown shoes i tell you...

Giant Robot said:
finally got my replacement guitar today since the 2nd day the game came out. Strum seems a tiny bit stiffer, but makes A LOT less noise. Hopefully this one doesnt break on me. Also, i didn't get my "free" game from EA. fucking clown shoes i tell you...
did you get an email about a free game? if not, then you shouldn't feel entitled.

It took them over a week to ship my Strat and I didn't get an email about the free game. I feel pretty fucking entitled since they sold me a defective product, have a whole lotta my money on hold, and so many other people got a free game. They shouldn't be offering them if they're not going to hand them out to everyone who's had to wait.

They finally shipped my Strat but it seems to be lost. It arrived at my local UPS facility, was scheduled for delivery yesterday, but was then shipped to Jersey and the delivery date is unknown. AWWWWESOME.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Has anyone requested a replacement for their replacement guitar? I emailed them but they gave me a scripted response. I think Im gonna call and bitch at them...

bune duggy said:
did you get an email about a free game? if not, then you shouldn't feel entitled.

Yes i did get an email saying i was going to receive a "free" game. I posted it a few posts up. I also never received any other emails before that regarding my status, i just had to log in to EA's support site.

exarkun

I almost broke my guitar just now, its been working great til I had a bunch of issues where it wont register the button being pressed (either the one I held before would stay on so it lagged or it just didnt register a button) so Im guessing the connection between the guitar and receiver was lagging. WHYYYY, such a good game up until now.

Giant Robot said:
Yes i did get an email saying i was going to receive a "free" game. I posted it a few posts up. I also never received any other emails before that regarding my status, i just had to log in to EA's support site.
Then I have nothing to add other than they should send you the game that they promised you.

Nightz

Got another e-mail today:

Greetings Rocker,

You recently received an e-mail from us regarding the status of your Rock Band shipment and our offer to also send you a FREE EA GAME. We trust that by this time your guitar has arrived and you’re rocking out!

We are working diligently to create a process to allow you to pick your FREE EA Game. Given that this is by far the busiest month of the year for our customer support team, we are still working out the final details – but we just wanted to let you know that you can expect an email with a list of available EA Titles and how to place your order for your FREE EA Game soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Rock Band Team at Harmonix, MTV and EA

Glad I'm gonna have a selection, and it's not just the Simpsons as I originally thought. I'm hoping that Burnout Paradise will be on the list. Not holding my breath though.

Got my replacement guitar in the mail today. Strum bar still feels mushy and it's impossible to play a long series of fast notes.Oh,and I didn't get a free game.

Togeo

Check your emails, looks like they're working on the free game thing. Looks like we'll get a choice from a list.

golem

johnFkennedy said:
Got my replacement guitar in the mail today. Strum bar still feels mushy and it's impossible to play a long series of fast notes.Oh,and I didn't get a free game.
isnt that how its supposed to feel? not clicky like gh ones right?

Coop

Well, my guitar just broke. Whammy doesnt work and the strum bar isn't registering correctly. Can somebody post the link for the returns? Thanks

duderon said:
I received my replacement strat today. Works great, the strum bar takes a little getting used to but i can alt-strum to my hearts content.

Same for me. The strum feels a little stiffer, like it has a little more resistance. I love it now. I'm terrified to play though because it could just be a matter of time until it dies... it's a great guitar but I have no faith in it and probably won't for at least a month.

So I ordered a replacement strat by letting them charge my credit card. I received my new strat and its working great. I was looking through my bank statement and I cant find the charge they did. Was it for around $93? If so has anyone had their money credited back? Can I check the status on EA's website?

I finally received my Strat today. 2 weeks after I requested the replacement, a week after it shipped. It was broken out of the box. The strum bar collapsed. Whatta joke.

I think I deserve a free game :(

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I made my request for replacement drum pads and a guitar last Friday. Today they arrived. I guess I feel pretty fortunate...

as of 9 minutes ago I am finished with school and can start my RB guitar surgery. I can't do it tonight though as I'm brain dead from that paper but tomorrow, as soon as my son goes to bed...

also, how's the mouse pad fix working for drums? I saw some at goodwill and figured that would be cheaper than buying new ones.

Ril

Just got Rock Band yesterday, and low and behold, after one night of rocking out my down-strum goes to hell. I go onto EA's site to set up the exchange, and notice that my card will be billed $125. I had to set up the exchange of my godfather's guitar, and I'm pretty certain that he was only going to be billed $100. Has EA realized how some people are cheating the system to get new guitars by setting up exchanges and footing the bill, and decided to up the price to deter this? Even worse, my Les Paul's fretboard has decided to go to hell on the exact same day. Just got through setting up that repair too!

Bottom line: it sucks to be guitar-less.

so, uh, guys - I have a question. What's this go to?

81s0xeh.jpg

I turned the guitar over and this fell out. is it important? I don't see where it should go, let alone where it might.

bune duggy said:
so, uh, guys - I have a question. What's this go to?

I turned the guitar over and this fell out. is it important? I don't see where it should go, let alone where it might.

Same part fell out of mine when I first opened it up. It still works fine except for the down strumming issue which was messed up before I opened it. Searched around for a while to see where it might fit but couldn't find anything.

robochimp

minimumhippo said:
Same part fell out of mine when I first opened it up. It still works fine except for the down strumming issue which was messed up before I opened it. Searched around for a while to see where it might fit but couldn't find anything.

When the guitar is together you should find a small hole. The square part fits into a notch inside the guitar and the round part fills that hole

ah. I see said hole, thanks. Is that where the 360 people hook the headset? I noticed that the board for the start and select buttons is labeled "start" and "back". :)

robochimp said:
When the guitar is together you should find a small hole. The square part fits into a notch inside the guitar and the round part fills that hole

Ah thanks, now I see where it goes but I can't find the damn part.

Top Bottom