• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

More like Fortnite. It was revealed at the VGAs and it was noticeably (at least to me) absent from the Xbox One reveal and MS' E3 presser, too. If Epic was in bed with them on that then I think we would've heard by now.

Plus, the game screams F2P, which Somy is very receptive to.

We know that they have a big shooter in development

We're building a bigger, triple-A shooter project that hasn't been announced yet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=620146

kenta

Has no PEINS
What if the countdown is just to PS4 launch? Or is it specifically to this thing on Spike we're all excited about
I believe the implication is that Mark Rein must have been at Sony's HQ doing some deeds (since Adam Boyes took a picture of the same screen a few weeks prior)

Anyway, Fortnite looks cool and all but yeah I'd really love a new thing from them. Give me those UT99 flashback shivers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Epic has also been quiet in the issue of ESRAM vs GDDR5, hardware parity and balance, etc. An exclusive epic title, even if timed, would definitely rustle some MS jimmies.

Certainly would be par for the course for them at this point. Rough Bungie divorce and then Epic's contractual agreements ending on the sour note that they did. Rough stuff.

What if the countdown is just to PS4 launch? Or is it specifically to this thing on Spike we're all excited about

The countdown is just to launch day, but I think the thing that has people excited is the fact that Mark was at Sony's offices when he took that shot and even retweeted Keighly's promo tweet.

People are excited because of...the implication.

vJQmAL9.jpg

TriGen

Geoff announced this during the Killzone GTTV episode, and since then I've wondered if I should watch or go get my PS4 pre-order at midnight. I love watching this stuff, and don't really want to be in a huge GS line, but all these people talking about stores taking more pre-orders than they have and stuff like that has me worried about strolling in their casually the next day.

The Gears on PS rumours popped up earlier in the year.

I said it then and Ill say it now....If Gears was coming to PS4 Sony would have trotted that motherfucker out at E3 or gamescom. That isnt something you save for a random show on Spike TV.

Epic bringing its free 2 play zombie minecraft thing (exclusivity?) to PS4 seems like a suable announcement for this show.

Jachaos

So after seeing the wall behind the monitor in both pictures being exactly the same, it's clear Mark Rein's picture was where Adam Boyes' picture was taken.

Mark Rein retweeted Geoff Keighley's tweet.

It's the eve of the PS4 launch. Thousands will be watching the live stream in line waiting for the stores to open. Those not completely sure about getting one on launch day will have their choice solidified, and a small portion of those leaning ever so slightly more to the Xbox One will give up on the wait and impulse buy if they find one.

We're definitely going to see something from Epic. There's no way around that. Mark Rein took practically the same picture as Adam Boyes in the same place, they talked, they planned something and now he is hyping it up. It's got to be something relatively big. Not necessarily huge but at least big. Now what is considered big ? Gears of War announced with exclusive content on PS4 ? Fortnite exclusive to PS4 ? New big shooter IP ?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I said it then and Ill say it now....If Gears was coming to PS4 Sony would have trotted that motherfucker out at E3 or gamescom. That isnt something you save for a random show on Spike TV.

Epic bringing its free 2 play zombie minecraft thing (exclusivity?) to PS4 seems like a suable announcement for this show.

I wouldn't call a show with announcements the day before launch (an event that comes once a generation), just a random show.

I'm betting they'll drop the real bombs at this show.

That's right, the H bomb.

The BIIIG H bomb.

The unprecedented experience H bomb.

I think you all know what I'm implying here.

the hydrogen bomb
we're all dead

Looks like they're will be an Epic game there. Doesn't necessarily mean it's exclusive. Sony doesn't do a lot of third party exclusives, but then again Sony has been a lot more aggressive recently...

demolitio

Anything from Epic would be amazing to see the night before Christmas, I mean... PS4 launch. Considering how much they were lobbying MS and Sony for stronger consoles, I'm sure they'd be willing to go all-out on a PS4 game and dial back what they had to on X1 if it was a multiplatform game and I want to see what they can do utilizing the advantages of the hardware.

My dream reveal would be a new SOCOM game for the PS4 but I called it a dream for a reason. R.I.P. Zipper. :(

Jomjom

Banned
WHATTTTT New PS4 game announcements???

Looks like they're will be an Epic game there. Doesn't necessarily mean it's exclusive. Sony doesn't do a lot of third party exclusives, but then again Sony has been a lot more aggressive recently...

Yeah I'd say at best, maybe Gears coming to PS4 along with Xbone, but at this point does anyone even really care?

Zombie minecraft thing in action for those who've forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4BvczLHsnw

New game announcement won't be anything major because this show airs so damn late. The VGAs is the only Spike TV program that has a possibility of showing anything noteworthy.

Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

There's things I'm certain about. This isn't one of them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

But it could be.

There's a chance.

The D bomb.

The big D.

Domino792

That would be awesome.

Raiku

Don't play with my heart

wapplew

New ps4 games or not, I'll be pretty happy to get some new video of neon power on Infamous SS. gameplay on The Order and full race on Drive club, and MLB next gen

I-hate-u

Shieeeeeeeet.

Anything on Epic famousmortimer? For a big player in engine licencing and game production, they have been awfully quite.

Speculation: from a marketing perspective it makes a lot of sense. It will send tremors through the hardest of the hardcore right before launch.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
How have you people NOT learned this guy's schtick by now? I mean, come on. It's is job to do this sort of stuff. He's a promoter, a hype artist and an announcer of announcements. It's bullshit. You guys fall for it every fucking time.

So there isn't going to be a Spike TV special and there won't e any new PS games? What a let down ...

1000x500px-ll-b21e0794_hype1.gif

Shieeeeeeeet.

Anything on Epic famousmortimer? For a big player in engine licencing and game production, they have been awfully quite.

I haven't heard shit about them... Fortnite or anything. They have gone totally silent other than with ue4. I'm guessing that's priority number one and the games will come later.

Within the realm of possibility. Any chance it was in reference to what is the invitation only thing? Nov. 11-12

Mung

You've got balls Famous. Got to give you that ;)

Mung

Yes, because clearly every one of the 80 million PS3 fans and 6 million Vita fans are going to be lined up to buy a PS4 ...

And also, the people in lines are obviously already buying the console. Maybe they are targeting people on the fence. A live event at launch could tap into the hype.

demolitio

or UT for PS4

That's what I was thinking although I thought they said they were taking a break from that. It would be amazing though, especially if there was mod support like there was on the PS3 game.

DS2 would be absolutely amazing though. I figured they'd announce it before the PS4 launch just to get the hardcore on board but I'm sure a lot of people will love to put that on their PS4 games list soon considering how many times we have to hear that the PS4 has a weak exclusive launch lineup as if Sony somehow blew their load at E3 this past year.

DS2 will be amazing. I have a feeling the badass enemies in that game will scare me both from a gameplay perspective and a design perspective all the while looking absolutely gorgeous enough to the point where I'll be having nightmares about those assholes killing me over and over again.

Hoo-doo

Banned
People at the midnight release will be streaming this on their phones if they really don't want to miss it.

Personally, i'm excited!

Into

But it could be.

There's a chance.

The D bomb.

The big D.

GAF wants the D' no question about that.

But on a serious note, unveiling a card is perhaps a good idea at this point, to give the launch even more momentum. This is why its good to not show all your cards, as you have nothing left to really spur some momentum. Maybe they feel after Drive Club got delayed as well as Watch_Dogs (which is no their fault) that pouring a gallon of gasoline on the old Christmas fire is just what is needed.

Top Bottom