• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Land removed from the eShop

Eric C

EDIT: This is the US eShop, don't know what's going on over in Europe

I was just browsing the Wii U eShop, and noticed Nintendo Land was no longer available as a digital game.

It seems Nintendo removed it from the eshop.

riSL3ip.jpg

So much for this press release Nintendo put out a few weeks ago.

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 23, 2013 – Nintendo is launching a new Wii U Deluxe Set that puts the focus on value, and highlights the two biggest names in video games: Mario and his brother, Luigi. Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

kirby_fox

Banned
Cross fingers for an updated version with more games...coming free as a download to all current Nintendo Land owners.

...it has to be a mistake. No way they would remove a game unless there was some copyright issues. Come on. Not even Nintendo is this irrational. (lol)

GulAtiCa

Weird. Only thing I could see happen if the ESRB rating randomly was changed, which would actually result in this happening. But I don't think this is the cause.

Oh wow, I got a Wii U with Nintendo Land right before that Mario bundle came out.

It'd be a shame if this was permanent removal, there's some good stuff in Nintendo Land.

kitsuneyo

Even if an update was coming, that wouldn't be reason to pull it, would it?

Adding private communities and online leaderboards would be so great though.

Edit - It's still showing on my UK Wii U

Glass Joe

Despite that random post confirmation, I'm not so sure it's not a mistake. Removing it DOES directly contradict the press release, after all.

neto

Weird I hope it's a mistake, makes no sense to remove it, anyone with a digital copy can redownload it?

Probably not. If you have that Digital Copy you better not delete it or it's gone forever.
That would also mean it's gone if you have to get a new Wii U or have your console repaired for some reason. Jeez, that's bad.

Between this and next gen games becoming astronomical in size, I'm becoming steadily more adverse to buying digital on anything other than Steam.

Eric C

Probably not. If you have that Digital Copy you better not delete it or it's gone forever.

That's not how they handled the Donkey Kong VC games, or any of the other de-listed VC games on the Wii that I can think of.

As long as you bought the games already you could redownload them if they were removed.

Weird I hope it's a mistake, makes no sense to remove it, anyone with a digital copy can redownload it?

you'll have to find somebody that paid the full $59.99 price for it to answer that. I'm guessing you'll still be able to redownload it, but can't say for sure since I never bought it digitally.

Top Bottom