View Single Post
ultron87
(11-13-2013, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

Assertion, not a thesis. Also, somebody posted a list of Polygon scores earlier in the thread which confirms his assertion, i.e. Last of Us 7.5, GoW:A 6, etc. Look it up.

Here's the post from the Last of Us thread where hey_it's_that_dog ran the numbers on both consoles for their reviews:

Originally Posted by hey_it's_that_dog

Okay folks, because I hate myself I ran the numbers.

I looked through the reviews for all PS3 and 360 exclusives and compared the Metacritic to the Polygon reviews. I don't think I missed any but it's possible.

PS3:
Last of Us
Deadly Premonition DC
God of War Ascension
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
LBP Karting
Ni No Kuni
Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault
Starhawk
Guacamelee

Metacritic PS3 Average: 78.11
Polygon PS3 Average: 68.89
Difference: -9.22
Conclusion: Polygon rates PS3 exclusives lower than the average critic by 9.22 points on a 100 point scale.

360:
Gears of War Judgment
Halo 4
Witcher 2
Dance Central 3
Forza Horizon
Fable Journey
Steel Battalion
Kinect Star Wars

Metacritic 360 Average: 72.38
Polygon 360 Average: 61.88
Difference: -10.5
Conclusion: Polygon rates 360 games 10.5 points lower than the average critic on a 100 point scale.

Remove Kinect games from the equation and the Polygon 360 average is -8.5, which may indicate a slightly less negative bias toward 360 exclusives. However, this is based on only 4 scores, and that makes the estimated average a lot less precise. I would guess that a statistical test would reveal no significant difference between 8.5 and 9.2 based on this small number of observations.

Conclusion: Polygon scores both PS3 and 360 games lower than the Metacritic average. They score 360 games slightly lower, though probably not significantly so. In other words, NOT TEH BIAS.

Use this info however you see fit.