• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Madman

GauntletFan said:
I never saw any frame drops in Halo 3, certainly no tearing. What are you talking about?
I can't say anything more then there was framerate drops and tearing in Halo. It's well known.

dalin80

Banned
kaz is a perfectionist in cars, they are his passion he started gran turismo solely to become some sort of uber car gallery where anyone could test drive anything. i doubt the guy has played a rpg in his life between weeks at work and the weekends he spends on the track.

dalin80 said:
kaz is a perfectionist in cars, they are his passion he started gran turismo solely to become some sort of uber car gallery where anyone could test drive anything. i doubt the guy has played a rpg in his life between weeks at work and the weekends he spends on the track.

In all honesty wouldn't that be a good thing? A fresh take on the genre from someone who's passion has been something else. Sure it could be a disaster, but it could also be something really amazing.

Ranger X

TTP said:
Well, he has being saying that since GT3. I say just add a damn option. Arcade-ish damage, Realistic damage, super-realistic-car-am-disintegrated damage. You are already giving similar options in regards to the driving model. Do the same for damage and bye. Add some incentives maybe, like rewarding more Cr depending on the chosen damage model. It's really not that diffiicult if you really want it.

He's just buying time. I can't believe how easy the choice can be. OPTIONS for christ's sake. Doesn't take multiple masters to understand that. I hate when devs gives us bullshit like that. The only real problem is the car manifacturers that's all.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
AranhaHunter said:
chickcrop2.jpg
Damn, my kind of girl.
If no one I know would find out.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My BD just shipped from New York and should be here this week!

Will I need a Jpn PSN account to play this online and download any updates?

avaya

DenogginizerOS said:
My BD just shipped from New York and should be here this week!

Will I need a Jpn PSN account to play this online and download any updates?

Don't know yet. Works with all types of accounts right now though.

G Rom

Just for the records, GT5:p seem DRM free... for now !
gt_drm.jpg

And about the "fake" 1080p, it's just some anamorphic trick !
It's used in video since 16:9 ratio exist, on DVD, on first (fake !) 1080p camcorder...
Whatever the native resolution is, if it has a 1080 height it's a 1080p signal !
I understand that it could be considered as a lie.
But the important thing is that it doesn't ruin the picture quality, you don't get annoying aliasing introduced by that post-scale/anamorphic.
I prefer a fake 1080p GT5 most "aliasing free" than a true 720p Juiced 2... Well GT4-like aliased !

But let's say it's fake Full HD, then it's still HD.
Following this way the 480p upscaled "next gen'" games mentioned above are not HD but simply EDTV... And this is a much bigger lie IMHO and quite disappointing for a pretender next gen' platform !

That said !
I bought my PS3 for the GT series and I'm enjoying Prologue in it's right way... a software in progress ! And it's a title by far more polished than quite a lot of games already out.

DenogginizerOS

avaya said:
Don't know yet. Works with all types of accounts right now though.
Thanks. I suppose if the online activates on the 25th without a patch or download, there is a chance it may work here in the US.

weedlewalker said:
I agree about the practicing.....I am not ready.
You realize the bitching is because the game is so great.

Who cares about slowdown and details on a crappy game.
It is human nature to be more critical about things you are passionate about and love.
If you saw a fat ugly girl on the street with a wart on her nose the wart probably would not bother you that much. If Natalie Portman had that same wart you would sure as hell be begging her to get it cut off.

Visit the Mass Effect, Uncharted, Halo 3, Heavenly Sword, and many many many more threads for top notch games that have significant problems with tearing, slow down, etc.

OR...just stay in this one and continue to complain about a game that, even at it's worst, outpaces nearly every other racing game.

spwolf

Ranger X said:
He's just buying time. I can't believe how easy the choice can be. OPTIONS for christ's sake. Doesn't take multiple masters to understand that. I hate when devs gives us bullshit like that. The only real problem is the car manifacturers that's all.

maybe thats why you have options in hanlding and steering wheel physics in GT5P now? You know, options.

Ranger X

spwolf said:
maybe thats why you have options in hanlding and steering wheel physics in GT5P now? You know, options.

What are you talking about? It's fine that this option is in Prologue. I only said the solution to the "damage or not" question was easy. As easy as putting an option (like they do for so many other things).

If damage appears it should always have an option to turn off, sometimes its fun to have a ghost like mode for hotlapping with friends without the worry of a little nudge knocking you off, also having the ability to see damage without a physical change of how the car handles is good. I would think GT will give you choices once some form of damage appears in the game.

DenogginizerOS

With regards to damage, I am of the opinion that you either do it to the point that it is superrealistic (see F1 Championship edition) where the slightest error will damage your chances of winning if not total your car OR you don't do damage modeling at all. I don't want a damage system like in F1 that oftentimes invloved me spending a bunch of time tweaking my car only to have it shattered in a second by AI jostling for position and taking me out. In addition, I don't want damage that is just there for show and has no impact on the car so that races devolve into demolition derbies more than racing events. For me, the lack of damage in GT5 is not a problem. Give me a liquid smooth framerate and solid offline and online play and I am happy.

avaya said:
my motto: drive it like you stole it!

We only find out how good people are on the 25th. I think several people here will beat me.

mashoutposse and RainbowL33T tend to be the best GAF GT players. I'm not sure if they're importing though.

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
mashoutposse and Rainbow tend to be the best GAF GT players. I'm not sure if they're importing though.

Yeah heard Rainbow's quite handy. Hopefully he'll join in soon enough! I think Niks is also quite fast, remember him posting some of his Concept times.

I'm looking forward to the 25th, should be lots of fun!

Goldrusher

Being fast in a time trial lap is one thing, being consistently fast during 5 or 10 laps while overtaking human players is something totally different.

Look at Trulli. Lighting in qualifying, but a few laps into the race and this phenomenon called the "Trulli train" starts to appear.

Goldrusher said:
Being fast in a time trial lap is one thing, being consistently fast during 5 or 10 laps while overtaking human players is something totally different.

Its a test of nerves really. Especially when you're fighting it out near the end of the race knowing that if you make one mistake you're going to lose. But that's what makes it fun.

jet1911

I want it but I don't want to import it. :(

Did Sony announce a release date for NA?

Also wow @ this screen.

dsc08030kq3.jpg

Offscreen but still...

avaya

Goldrusher said:

Look at Trulli. Lighting in qualifying, but a few laps into the race and this phenomenon called the "Trulli train" starts to appear.

Yep :lol I've found myself cursing at the TV many a time when that developed!

Consistency is more valuable than raw pace. I learnt that the hard way in F1CE online, rhythm is crucial.

In S-class I've encountered some batshit crazy AI, at Fuji I saw an R8 weaving across an empty straight :lol

If people want to practice for online Daytona Road Course events are the best. You can't tell what the AI is going to do next. London’s an honourable mention too. Also for pure consistency test do the Suzuka Supercar Festival.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well, well, well... look at what Santa (and by "Santa" I mean the good folks at Play-Asia.com) left on my doorstep today:

6wqh9b4.jpg

Incidentally, here's $5 off any order coupon, if anyone needs it: ZJ-CPU-BKE (good until 11-Feb-08)

Doc Evils

Big Nate said:
Well, well, well... look at what Santa (and by "Santa" I mean the good folks at Play-Asia.com) left on my doorstep today:

Incidentally, here's $5 off any order coupon, if anyone needs it: ZJ-CPU-BKE (good until 11-Feb-08)

I r envy. :(

but I think I will wait for the english release.

holy mother fkn s**T that lotus elise screens is pure sex

cant believe my eyes thats actually ingame.....its WALLPAPER QUALITY

*bows down to PD*

dsc08032xt4.jpg

NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT....SHOULDA SENT A POET......

GottiDC

Banned
pd has put in to mush detail in this game.
look at this video, can u believe that there is actually a reflection on the hundia symble on the steering wheel. WHAT KIND OF INSAIN AMOUNT OF DETAIL IS THAT?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dunno if anyone mentioned this...

I just noticed that the Eiger stage has been downgraded a bit...the rock wall inside the tunnel is no longer as glimmery as it used to be, and the texture itself has been downgraded/looks flatter. The rest of the track looks the same, I think.

Top Bottom