• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #994 News Thread of Kid-Tested, Imas-Approved

kay

Scan of issue:

82vb4lu.jpg

Basch

Mandoric said:
OTHER
2ch is probably watching. Let's thank Imas for his work in giving us these information.

Oh... Great news? I am totally believing this? All charges will be pressed? Everything is not a lie? :lol

??..? [][][]ch news [][]lt&y is ~||[][]i??g great!
Need to install language packet.

Mandoric

Banned
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3&360/Capcom/2008-1-31)
* Nero's demonification isn't like Dante's; instead, a blue and white demon grows out of his back and helps with attacks.
* Nero's abilities and their effects are improved when demonized.

SRW OG Gaiden review
* Characters swap around a lot, so until later stages it's tough to have fun upgrading and pilot swapping.
・ゲームはサクサク進む難度
* Bonus card game was probably good enough to merit its own release.
* System isn't really changed from OGs.
* Battle viewer and other features make it double as a pretty good fandisc.
* Takes a while to open up to player-controlled organization.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mandoric said:
Star Ocean review
* Movies and characters done well, will please fans.
* Battles are easy for the first half, start to require skill later.
* Can take a while to do everything.
* Limited field of view and long map movement times make it seem like a poor fit for the PSP.
* Map expanded too much, and you can't save on it.
* Interface is unusually convenient.
* Story has its charming points.
sounds good to me! and SO is always like that the first half is pretty easy (probably to let you get used to the battle system) and then second half kicks you in the face with hard enemies and bosses.

this tho...

pretty damn dumb, you could save in those areas connecting the towns before.

Acosta

Mandoric said:
OTHER
Next Week:
07-08YEAR BOOK
Special Section: This ADV's Great
MHP2ndG feature

Beginning next week, the current reliable Famitsu leaker is being transferred and will no longer have leak access. News will be unstable for a while.
2ch is probably watching. Let's thank Imas for his work in giving us these information.

Does anyone want to bet how soon we will have a FFVII Remake "news"?

By the way, thanks Imas.

Mandoric said:

Did they change the graphics in Tales for the Wii? Because it looks ALOT better. The more anatomically correct (as opposed to chibi in Symphonia) models looks a lot better and closer to the cutscenes

Bebpo

Banned
Mandoric said:

Please be headed by Symphonia staff, not Legendia staff.

Mandoric

Banned
<PS2>

2/21&#12288;Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2 <Konami>
3/13&#12288;Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008 <Koei>
3/27&#12288;Guilty Guar XX Accent Core Plus <ASW>
March&#12288;Nobunaga's Ambition with power up kit <Koei>
April&#12288;Princess Nightmare <Karin Entertainment>
Spring&#12288;SORAYUME (prov.) <TAKUYO>
??&#12288;Private Evil Eye Neuro (prov.) <Compile Heart>

Dali

Mandoric said:
<PS2>

2/21&#12288;Dance Dance Revolution Supernova 2 <Konami>
3/13&#12288;Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008 <Koei>
3/27&#12288;Guilty Guar XX Accent Core Plus <ASW>
March&#12288;Nobunaga's Ambition with power up kit <Koei>
April&#12288;Princess Nightmare <Karin Entertainment>
Spring&#12288;SORAYUME (prov.) <TAKUYO>
??&#12288;Private Evil Eye Neuro (prov.) <Compile Heart>

You're killing me Konami. Hurry up and release MGS4 and go back to business as usual with the console games. This is pathetic.

Saitou said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

What are they changing to try to justify yet another motherfucking release?
Probably just bugfixes that were added to the North American release.

and they're trying to outdo SFII

Basch

Jiggy37 said:
Playable Colette! :O Purchase insta-confirmed if it comes out in English.

I thought I saw that too. The weird thing is I thought they said returning characters would not be playable. So much for that. :lol But yes, this game must come to our friendly Western shores.

Basch said:
I thought I saw that too. The weird thing is I thought they said returning characters would not be playable. So much for that. :lol But yes, this game must come to our friendly Western shores.

I thought it was having the original cast (san Kratos) as guest characters or something like that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jiggy37 said:
Playable Colette! :O Purchase insta-confirmed if it comes out in English.

Namco would have to be pretty insane to not release ToS:KoR in the West. Wasn't ToS their most popular international release in the series?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
WOW. i am IMPRESSED with those ToS scans. they really improved alot of stuff there didn't they. damn, now i'm psyched to see this come out stateside :D

Jiggy

ZealousD said:
Namco would have to be pretty insane to not release ToS:KoR in the West. Wasn't ToS their most popular international release in the series?
I think it would be insane too, but this is Namco and they seriously hasn't been on the ball when it comes to Tales. :/ Such as PSP Eternia being released in English only in Europe (and PSP Phantasia not being released in English at all), while Tales of the World made it to NA. Nothing against TotW--it's my PSP game of the year and second favorite overall--but business-wise I don't know how they managed to convince themselves it would be a better idea than the main series games.

TreIII

Saitou said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

What are they changing to try to justify yet another motherfucking release?

Probably to...I dunno...add Justice and Kliff back in? :lol

Well, let's face it. I'm willing to bet that GG 2nd probably didn't meet sales expectations, so AC+ is going to be a way to save face for the franchise.

What exactly that entails for this "plus" release, besides what I probably listed? I have no clue, but the fact that there's no arcade release has me worried that this will probably be a rather lazy port job.

Dali

Pureauthor said:
Hm. Nothing here that really catches my eye.

:lol :lol

For some reason I pictured the "No sir, I don't like it" horse saying this and busted out laughing.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Mandoric said:
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3&360/Capcom/2008-1-31)
* Nero's demonification isn't like Dante's; instead, a blue and white demon grows out of his back and helps with attacks.
* Nero's abilities and their effects are improved when demonized.
That sounds freaking nice but I hope Nero dies at the end of the game of becomes the new bad guy I still prefer Dante as main lead instead of Nero.

Mandoric

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
I don't get it, can someone explain this comment to me?

Big pauses in the action while you slog your way to the dungeon and back -> less time to actually play in there on your commute
Point of view too close -> can't see shit because the character's taking up the whole screen because otherwise you couldn't see him on a 3.5" LCD at arm's length
is what I'm guessing.

Mandoric said:
Big pauses in the action while you slog your way to the dungeon and back -> less time to actually play in there on your commute
Point of view too close -> can't see shit because the character's taking up the whole screen because otherwise you couldn't see him on a 3.5" LCD at arm's length
is what I'm guessing.
Thanks, mandoric.

soul

Star Ocean 1 8788
* Movies and characters done well, will please fans.
* Battles are easy for the first half, start to require skill later.
* Can take a while to do everything.
* Limited field of view and long map movement times make it seem like a poor fit for the PSP.
* Interface is unusually convenient.
* Story has its charming points.

Day one.

Top Bottom