• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

ypo

The only difference I noticed was in the ice of the uh...ice creatures. On the PS3 it looks shiny and well "icy", on the 360 for some reason it looks grey and unlit.

Yea looks like the X360 is missing one layer of texture or something. Completely gray.

gcubed said:
it looks like the video is lower quality on the ps3, i noticed the sharper 360 version also. But if you look at the ps3 video when they switch back and forth, the text, the map, the numbers, etc are all blotchy, making it look like a poor encode
Rewatching the video, I notice that too. Why would someone make a comparison video and use two different compression qualities? So we got a 360 fanboy over at GT making comparison videos now? Great.

jett

D-Member
treesitty fails at ice-rendering lulz

866l2xd.jpg

6yd00v5.jpg

712l5jc.jpg

86reb2w.jpg

8aziq93.jpg

89q10zn.jpg

Hmmmm are both systems going to get a demo before it comes out? I would rather decide using that, but it might be PS3 for me since achievements aren't that important and I have played the other 3 with the Dual shock.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is this game 30fps or 60fps?

I think there will be better comparisons when the demo hits next month. You know what to hell with comparisons, its going to be fracking awesome to play DMC4.

gcfan2k5 said:
Probably not, then they couldnt force 5 million people to go buy the Dualshock 3:lol
Stop trying to bring sense and reality into this. *back to dreaming*

neojubei said:
Dual Shock 3 is a better alternative.
Still some months away since I won't "pay to play" now.

angelfly

Barnolde said:
Just like MS handed out free controller S's to people who bought the system with this big lug
http://www.emulationgalaxy.co.yu/images/systems/XBOX_controller.jpg

Or like when Sony handed out free DualShocks when they added analog sticks to the PS1's controller.
http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/01856/media/Playstation_Controller.jpg

Big difference. The old Xbox controller still had all the features and could play all games with the full experience. With PS1 dual you were forced to buy if you wanted to play certain games. I had to buy one for Ape Escape.

So there's no difference between them besides achievements, load times and controller preference. Unless the PS3 version has trophies or something, probably coming out too early for a 3rd party game to have Home integration.

Raistlin

jordan0386 said:
I cant stand the PS3 controller...but I wont knock preference

Well, the game controls were actually designed for the Playstation controller ...

... have fun with those triggers.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Barnolde said:
CoD4

It's a PlayStation franchise, why would it magically be better on 360 when it's not even designed for the controller?
Since you are making such a big deal about controller. How come you mentioned PS3 as the superior version for COD4. We have to count controller now.:lol

You know, It could just have something to do with being more familiar with one controller then the other. Instead of having adapt a to a new style is all. Even more so with games we have yet to try out even...

Anyways, Away from this fanboy rubbish. I'm really impressed. Capcom seemed to delivered once more. A game looking fantastic on both systems so more users can enjoy the love of which is DMC.

Barnolde

Banned
shintoki said:
Since you are making such a big deal about controller. How come you mentioned PS3 as the superior version for COD4. We have to count controller now.:lol
My mistake, I didn't mean the PS3 CoD4 was better. It's equal to the 360 one, if not slightly inferior because of no rumble (though they may add it in an update, and hopefully kb/m too!). I edited my post.

gohepcat

Banned
That's cool that they both look vurtually identical. It does, however, make me look at the PS3 and wonder what the benifit of the mighty cell is?

Anyway... Hope this continues.

gohepcat said:
That's cool that they both look vurtually identical. It does, however, make me look at the PS3 and wonder what the benifit of the mighty cell is?

You might want to look at the games developed solely for the system for that answer.

Dot50Cal

Banned
beerbelly said:
No difference.

72rj8nb.png

Although it looks like the 360 version has a tad bit higher contrast (not judged by this pic).

The entire video = bitstarved. Look at the compression on Dante's insignia, and right behind him. Huge macroblocks. My guess is they've recompressed these a lot, making a comparison useless. Wait for a proper comparison from Gamersyde :p When the demo's hit I'll do one like I did for Burnout.

Dante

The problems Brian mentioned on the 1up show were framerate and tearing related. It's still a ways off so I'd imagine they could get that ironed out in time for the 360 crowd.

RBH

The difference is pretty much negligible between the two versions.

I've always thought that the Gametrailers comparison videos were useless for the most part, as I can rarely tell the difference between the two versions.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I wonder if the DMC4 commercials will have a Playstation 3 or xbox 360 flash at the end or both or none at all.

People are just making up differences now....they are identical. Thats a GOOD thing; you get to choose based on controller preference rather than based on inferior porting. Go Capcom.

Dante said:
The problems Brian mentioned on the 1up show were framerate and tearing related. It's still a ways off so I'd imagine they could get that ironed out in time for the 360 crowd.
Hopefully the ps3 gets less tearing, better AA, more complex shaders, and better frame rate for all future games.

That'd make ma day.

Dot50Cal

Banned
slidewinder said:
The version has far sharper textures, better AA, and much more complex shaders.

You cant tell anything like that from this video. Its bit starved to hell. from moment to moment different textures look better, worse, or the same than the other version. Its practically useless.

methane47

Dot50Cal said:
You cant tell anything like that from this video. Its bit starved to hell. from moment to moment different textures look better, worse, or the same than the other version. Its practically useless.

You can't.. but i bet Joystuq will quote his post when they write their story about the comparison later tonite

Dot50Cal

Banned
methane47 said:
You can't.. but i bet Joystuq will quote his post when they write their story about the comparison later tonite

About the only thing I can notice from this video is the Ice monsters seem to have a shader being applied on the PS3 version, and not on the 360. But even then it could just be that the caps were taken while they weren't glowing on the 360?

Anyone know what the lead platform was?

jett

D-Member
The Crimson Blur said:
People are just making up differences now....they are identical.

Except for the Ice. And obviously, the quality of ice-rendering in games is the most important factor in deciding which port you people should buy!

Fox318

The only difference I can spot is that the Xbox 360 textures look a little bit sharper.

Regardless both versions look good.

Narag

Dot50Cal said:
Anyone know what the lead platform was?

I could've swore PC was the lead platform and PS3/360 versions came from that. Something about PC lead led to easier multiplatform development with their current engine iirc.

Top Bottom