• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Ok now im just getting confused.
Reddit list nor does the spreadsheet have the good deals like enslaved for 10 and whatnot.
Where are people seeing those?

nexen

Search was a pain in google chrome. It was doing some annoying caching thing.Really problematic because the list isn't sorted by name and the some of the same games appear at different dates with different prices.

I saved it as a local excel document, sorted by name, and searched it there.

Prophane33

Search was a pain in google chrome. It was doing some annoying caching thing.Really problematic because the list isn't sorted by name and the some of the same games appear at different dates with different prices.

I saved it as a local excel document, sorted by name, and searched it there.

you can just filter it by title (figured that out just a minute ago).

Deques

12/2/2013 12/2/2013 Saints Row IV   - 14.99
11/27/2013 12/2/2013 Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition  - 9.99
11/29/2013 12/2/2013 GRID 2  - 15.99
11/29/2013 11/29/2013 Assassin's Creed III - 7.49
11/29/2013 11/29/2013 Metro Last Light - 13.6
11/27/2013 12/2/2013 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - 4.99

Probably bite on some of those. Enslaved at least.

Enslaved? Must have

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
in a "this game is better than everyone says" kind of way? or a "it's a movie licensed game and might be rare in a few years" kind of way?

i wont judge either way

The game is a turd, it's just a re-skin of the game God Mode. It has cards though, and like you said probably won't be on Steam forever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Amazon is going to TEAR IT UP this year.

Pretty good sale. Also:

From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
did anyone else loos progress in assassins creed black flag when reentering the game? I was reset from 12% to 1% upon reentering today...
or is this a uplay exclusive thing? this is my first experience with uplay (bought it during the glitch where it was ~2$) and i must say it is rather unpleasant first impression...
edit: stuff like that makes me appreciate steam more and more

wazoo

Pac man :)

Metro will be probably US only, beware.

jshackles

Updated spreadsheet

This one has start dates and end dates.

Star Trek will be $5. 11/27-12/2

jshackles

The new one? I'd buy that for $5.

Yeah the new one. It's actually a pretty decent game (I finished it a few days ago). About 6 hours long and very limited replay-ability, but for $5 you can't really complain.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was having trouble using my browser's search, but I realized you could filter the actual spreadsheet and that helped.

e.g. europa universalis was ONLY showing chronicles when searching via Ctrl+F but by filtering I now see all the results.

Oh hey you're right. I searched for Dark Souls and didn't find it but it's there if you sort. Or was the spreadsheet updated in the last hour? Edit: yes it was.

In any case, DS is mine in 6 days.

i think i'm done with dark souls mods. besides dsfix. i tried adding the 'lowest common denominator' texture fixer upper, i guess it came by default with a high res UI too, and it was neat, but anytime you went to a new area there'd be stuttering for a few seconds...it only lasted a few seconds but i think i value my constant 60fps over that cos it really annoys me for some reason even though it only happens in transitional areas

its minor but it takes me out of the game, figured LCD would work better than the full texture maps but i can't deal with that stuttering. makes a few fights like the big goons who guard blighttown a little hard to do as well. still have to get used to not sliding down ladders with DSFIX. man, that endless drop!

jshackles

They have done that the past couple of years.

In 2012 I got Crysis 2 for $5 and Duke Nukem Forever for free.
In 2013 I got Max Payne 3 for $7.50.
2014?

Yeah, last year I ordered a ton of stuff on the holiday sale, and got about 15 copies of Hotline Miami for free.

Pac-man CEDX might not be a great port but goddamn that game is great. Worth $5 for sure.

Weird with all the 2K sales that there is nothing for The Bureau.

Mairu

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing the Steam thread in my subscriptions at the top. Took me this long to realize there was a new post :(

Grief.exe

gotta drop dat MSRP. $60 is nuts for a game been out that long. Console pricing doesn't work for PC / DD.

Following the circular reasoning of these mega publishers will make your head spin with the idiocy.

Our games aren't selling that well during sales, better keep the price high in order to protect our profits.

Games aren't selling well on PC due to piracy, better delay the release a month in order to protect our property.

Games aren't selling well on PC due to piracy, better load in layers on layers of DRM in order to protect our property.

jshackles

Looks like Dirt 2 and Fuel were both just taken off the store.

what_the_hell.gif

I'll take Pac-Man, is it on par with the PS3 version already? I remember there being some issues when it released. Spent like 500 hours on the PS3 version

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wish the people doing these spreadsheets would de-dupe sub-optimal prices (if a game goes on a 50% discount for the duration of the sale and 75% discount for one day, there's no need to include the 50% discount at all) but also mark best-ever sales versus run of the mill sales (IE Joe Danger double pack is 9.99, but was 6.24 last month on Steam).

Also it's so sketchy to me that Amazon is selling BioShock Infinite for more than the BioShock triple pack, Civ 5 for more than Civ 5 + Brave New World, LA Noire for more than LA Noire + Max Payne 3, Manhunt and Manhunt 2 individually both for more than Manhunt+Manhunt 2, etc. Sure people should do searches before buying, but I'm just picturing someone getting suckered for no real reason. :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Dambrosi

Banned
in a similar vein to PandaPedinte, my Bloody Trapland review (game was recently Greenlit, I got a Steam key from Indie Royale):

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

4 players lol

Also, i just now bought Skullgirls (damn Humble Store deadline), now where's mah SG beta? I wanna "test" me sum Big Band!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom