• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes Rumor: New version of Xbox One coming early next year?

Kinect is to integral; it would be a non-gaming version possibly (TV only device).

Still, I doubt this rumor completely just by the timetable.

CREMSteve

I pity those that have to navigate that UI without voice commands. Seems overly complicated if you try to use just a controller. WOnder if they would revamp it for the new SKU?

dreamfall

Well, certainly holding off to see if it may be Kinect-less.

My room is too tiny for it! And I'd rather not use it- right now at least!

jcm

If you see it in Digitimes attributed to anonymous Taiwan-based supply chain makers, then it's so.

Ooh. I really, really doubt there will ever be a non-Kinect SKU. Maybe this is just the opposite - no disc drive, no controller - an all-Kinect media device based on the XBox ONE UI, without that pesky "gaming" bit.

Shit, it probably won't even be branded as an XBox.

$350, no Kinect. Might buy.

THIS.

Even at $399, the hardware is below the PS4 level.

$350, and you got my attention. Of course, they better had announced some new exclusives that I actually want to play by then too.

Titanfall is not enough - getting that on PC so I don't have to pay a XBL fee and so I can play it at 1080p/60fps native.

M$ needs to come up with some killer games for me to care about.

Elios83

It's either a non gaming model or just the first hardware revision to lower costs and improve yields.
It's not uncommon, the PS3 european launch model was already a revision ahead of the north american launch model.
Don't expect a price cut or a Kinect-less SKU until after Titanfall is released and sales are disapponting.

dose

Those saying this means a Kinectless sku, why would they need to make a new version of the Xbone? They can just put the current one in a box right now without the camera.

Top Bottom