• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Soriku

And how many of the million people are willing to buy a JRPG? Not many I guess.

Don't know about "million(s)" but I'd wager a good amount of people would want a good PS4 RPG.

PS3 is still the safer choice. I bet P5 would sell on almost anything but we should assume the fanbase is present on PS3. A sizable PS3 RPG audience sure is.

I think cross gen would be a little surprising only because cross gen RPGs are barely even a thing.

EMT0

Banned
I don't think that would be enough to make it a big name title in the west.

There is no way Atlus has that kind of turnaround and if it was coming at launch it probably would've been at the Japanese PS4 event.

If it was the only JRPG and with Sony playing it up as a big exclusive? I dunno....

cj_iwakura

Kept waking up every hour, too hype.

I'm ready now.

fy.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
Let me say it right now.
If it's Persona 5, and it looks to be the game I want it to be, i'll buy any platform it's on.

It would instantly justify a Vita, 3DS or PS4 for me.

thuway

Serious question: Does Atlus usually go this big when announcing any title? This will be a huge cluster fuck if it turns out to be Arena Fighter 2 or some wonky F2P bullshit on iOS.

Sandfox

I just realized that I could've been making jokes about Atlus developing the game with the SMTIV engine on the 3DS back when people were saying that the fanbase was already on the PS3 and that they have the Catherine engine months ago.

Don't know about "million(s)" but I'd wager a good amount of people would want a good PS4 RPG.

PS3 is still the safer choice. I bet P5 would sell on almost anything but we should assume the fanbase is present on PS3. A sizable PS3 RPG audience sure is.

I think cross gen would be a little surprising only because cross gen RPGs are barely even a thing.

If it was the only JRPG and with Sony playing it up as a big exclusive? I dunno....

JRPGs are pretty much done when it comes to putting up big numbers in the west since a lot of people just don't seem to play then anymore or are turned off by the anime influences.

So I'm thinking something like this:

Game:
Great = P5
Good = P4-2 followup
Why didn't we see this coming = P4A2
Oh come on = P4 port

Platform
Great = PS4, PS4, Vita and PC
Good = PS3
Bad = Anything region locked
Hilarious = ios

Cast
Great = New cast, older
Good = Old cast, older
Bad = Ken and Teddie detective agency

IrishNinja

has anyone called the possibility of Jack Bros for Virtual Boy finally being reprinted? cause that's my vote

ps this wait is unBEARable

7threst

The PS4 has already sold over a million units in the USA alone within 24hrs and still has millions in the USA waiting for new shipments. This game probably won't release until late 2014 for the USA/Euro which by then the sales of the PS4 will probably be over 10mil. Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base. People who dished out the money for next-gen shouldn't have to miss out on what's probably going to be a 2014 title because the company wants to release it on a 8yr old console.

I think we'll have to wait until late 2014/begin 2015 for games like Persona getting a release on PS4. It's a lot more safe for Atlus to release it on PS3 where there is a huge audience already.

Soriku

Serious question: Does Atlus usually go this big when announcing any title? This will be a huge cluster fuck if it turns out to be Arena Fighter 2 or some wonky F2P bullshit on iOS.

No. Most of their announcements are through Famitsu. This is pretty huge for Atlus.

MormaPope

Banned

The biggest cluster fuck of all time would be Persona 5 exclusively on Xbone. That shit would be Bayonetta 2 x 1,000,000, the backlash would never stop.

TripleSun

I can't handle all the chaos that will ensue either way. Oh god, going to put my set of armor on and hope I don't die in the crossfire of chaos.

thuway

The biggest cluster fuck of all time would be Persona 5 exclusively on Xbone. That shit would be Bayonetta 2 x 1,000,000, the backlash would never stop.

Eh, there are some JRPG's in the pipeline for Sony. Ni No Kuni 2, some new Tales game, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. You'll get your love, but Atlus isn't stupid enough to urinate on their entire fanbase.

Top Bottom