• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StreetPass inside of games. Do Nintendo Zones help/work?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So they announced StreetPass stuff for Bravely Default today.. And I am lacking quite a bit of knowledge about how all of this works. I've done my share of hitting a Nintendo Zone (i.e. McDonalds) for StreetPass Plaza visitors, but do these hot spots work for games also? Can I actually use them for Bravely Default, SMT, etc?

And Nintendo recently did that connected StreetPass thing. I would guess something like that would actually benefit these games as well? Or am I totally off?

Shiina

No idea honestly. I never take my 3DS out of the house anyway, I don't have room for it most of the time and I can do without the street pass stuff within the games.
It's not helping that it can only detect the currently inserted game either, because I'm sure I'm one of the two or three people in this city that has a US 3DS and only plays niche JRPGs.

No idea honestly. I never take my 3DS out of the house anyway, I don't have room for it most of the time and I can do without the street pass stuff within the games.
It's not helping that it can only detect the currently inserted game either, because I'm sure I'm one of the two or three people in this city that has a US 3DS and only plays niche JRPGs.
Its not Bark mode from Nintendogs. It supports up to 12 games at once. Look at the system settings sometime.

But I'm guessing you are not in North America or somewherw with Nintendo Zone support.

Shiina

Its not Bark mode from Nintendogs. It supports up to 12 games at once. Look at the system settings sometime.

But I'm guessing you are not in North America or somewherw with Nintendo Zone support.

Oh I just figured it worked like that because it only street passed Pokemon Y for me once and never anything else. Guess nobody plays SMT4 in Europe (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Oh I just figured it worked like that because it only street passed Pokemon Y for me once and never anything else. Guess nobody plays SMT4 in Europe (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
Use the Mii Plaza at least (I get really sad when I get a tag for say Pokemon which is crap for Streetpass but not Mii Plaza which is good for what it is).

If SMT IV ever comes out in Europe you'll get hits then (streetpass appears to be region free).

Top Bottom