• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Wilderness: WTF SHARK-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've seen the commercial for this movie about a billion times already. Must've gotten the Bucket List rotation spot.

And not only is brutully unfunny and a waste of Jonah Hill and (maybe? kinda looks like..) Paul Rudd.

But they keep showing this footage of this fucking Shark and this goofy laugh that these knuckleheads are making over it and I DO NOT GET IT.

And they show it TWICE!!

Anyone else seen this? And can you explain what in the dang is going on with this shit? Because if I hear that laugh again I am going to fucking lose it.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I guess the repeat of the laughing is the joke. I don't get it.

Also, Jonah Hill's wheezy laugh is irritating as hell.

Mikazuki

Army death height crane group location world
No, they show it 4 times!

When they showed the shark the first two times it was stupid as hell. Then the 3rd and 4th times I started laughing for no reason.

I laughed the next few times they showed the commercial.

Now it's getting old...

Belfast

I'm pretty sure the shark's mouth/teeth are supposed to look like a big, bushy mustache, evoking the image of some Wilford Brimley type guffawing at the camera.

It's about as low as humor gets, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but I laughed. Then again, I actually kinda liked Grandma's Boy.

Gigglepoo

I thought this thread was going to be about that freaky ancient shark found off the coast of Japan a little while back. I'm disappointed now. Now that thing is strange wilderness.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
I can't believe Steve Zahn went right from his brilliance in Rescue Dawn to this :\

And yeah, the shark segment is one of the most ridiculously odd things I've ever seen in a mainstream trailer.

Aladuf

Banned
I can't believe this movie is finally coming out... I remember hearing that it was filmed a couple years ago right after Grandma's Boy but it's just one of those shitty movies that got shelved for a while before release.

sf_beaky.jpg

I was dying when they showed that. I replayed the trailer about twice because of the shark scene. They've sold me a ticket, Mac guy notwithstanding.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
I would've said it was an effective marketing campaign except for the fact that I had no idea what they were advertising. So it's for a movie?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't plan on seeing the movie, but that part of the trailer had me rolling. I didn't even smirk at the rest of it...but that laugh, oh god. I can see why they put that in there, it will sell a lot of people on the movie.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Grizzlyjin said:
I don't plan on seeing the movie, but that part of the trailer had me rolling. I didn't even smirk at the rest of it...but that laugh, oh god. I can see why they put that in there, it will sell a lot of people on the movie.
Yeah, I can pretty much agree with this. Repeating it four times was the key, it gets funny because of meaningless overdoing.

It's because the shark has big, buck teeth. Picture a hillbilly with buck teeth and that laugh and you'll get the joke.

I'll see this just for Kevin Heffernan from Broken Lizard. I love that guy.

Ponn

Banned
Hey people think Tim and Eric are funny so there must be a target audience for the repeat stupid laugh/word/moan/etc. over and over and over humor.

Ponn01 said:
Hey people think Tim and Eric are funny so there must be a target audience for the repeat stupid laugh/word/moan/etc. over and over and over humor.
I just want to be clear that you're not comparing T&E fans to Grandma's Boy fans. Popopopopopopopo.

Ponn

Banned
evilromero said:
I just want to be clear that you're not comparing T&E fans to Grandma's Boy fans. Popopopopopopopo.

Just the commercial fans. I actually did like Grandmas Boy. The kung fu monkey was awesome.

yodandy

Ponn01 said:
Just the commercial fans. I actually did like Grandmas Boy. The kung fu monkey was awesome.

I was hoping I wasnt the only one who loved grandmas boy, freakin hilarious

and this movie looks hilarious as well

the shark part gets me every time, after about the 5th or so time they repeat it, i cant help but laugh

Tuvoc

yodandy said:

the shark part gets me every time, after about the 5th or so time they repeat it, i cant help but laugh

I agree, I never laugh at the trailers but the shark scene had me rolling. I hope its as good as Grandma's Boy.

Aladuf

Banned
yodandy said:

Grandma's Boy was fucking greatness! This movie doesn't interest me too much though...but I have to admit the shark scene in the commercial had me laughing.

SUPREME1

Banned
I've seen 3 variations of the commercial.

The first time had ONLY the shark, no mention of any movie.. Just a laughing shark, who went by 4 times laughing like a dork. I was like WTF is that?!

Then I saw it with the actual movie before it and the shark laughed once.

Saw it again with the shark laughing twice.

That fat dude (Jonah?) is not that funny. .He can be alright as a spot actor, but oversaturation is in full effect.

He's been in a bout 4 movies in about a year now.

AVclub

I have the trailer on my PS3 and about the only funny thing in it for me is that shark scene, the more they play it, the more I laugh. I don't think of it as a hillbilly joke. It seems to me that the noise they are making sounds like their making fun of big toothed Chinese men.

My half-Chinese wife agrees with this theory and laughs at it as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
that shark part is funny as hell... the rest of the trailer not so much. What is there to get though? It's pretty obvious.

Rorschach

At least that trailer has a "joke." I saw another trailer for it that had 0 comedic moments. It was the first time I heard of the movie and thought it must be incredibly horrible to not have a single "gem" to put in the trailer.

Andokuky

Banned
So I saw this movie today. Before I watched it I checked out the rottentomatoes.com score and it has a fucking ZERO score. I have never seen a movie get a zero. So I was expecting the absolute worst going in. The movie was actually decent. For anyone who has seen it, the whole goose scene alone makes it worth at least 1 view :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom