• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy spent (still going) ~$3,000 on Steam Winter Sale Badges

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert/badges/
(keep refreshing)

Foil badge (up to level 100) costs approximately $15.90 each

Foil level 100 = ($15.90 x 100) $1,590.

Regular badge (up to level 1000) costs approximately $1.57 each.

Regular level 1000 = ($1.57 x 1000) $1,570

0275_9zjy8.gif

Edit: HE DID IT. LEVEL 1000.
7897153de91027e9fee646656b5bdc830a0fb0c1.png

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I don't know how to respond to this.

This guy is more hardcore than any American I've ever seen.

Over 2,000 games owned too.

I thought PC gaming wasn't big in Japan, guys? What happened?

rybrad

That is more than I spent on my entire library of 600+ games. I would love to have this guys disposable income.

AkuMifune

Banned
Is such a thing even possible?

Kinda feels like Valve is taking advantage of this guy, but whatever. He's taking advantage of his own foolishness I guess.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's an infinitesimal amount of money to garner attention. He should sell advertisement space on his profile.

StayDead

This guys steam level is so high that he probably gets a card dropping every other second or something giving him the money to buy more cards.

I wonder what the distribution of his items are.

For those that don't know everytime you level the badge up you get a: common, rare, ultra rare, <even more rare>, <even more rare> item. I imagine some of them sell for quite a lot.

jstripes

Banned
This is some serious level of nerd dick wagging I'll never understand.

I mean, having a $900 video card at least offers something, but this... is a few pixels on a screen. :/

dorn.

It's not like he's doing it for the fuck of it, if he gets that super rare TF2 item this could pay off big time. It's just gambling and 3000$ isn't much in that context.

Doesn't your drop rate increase with your steam level? At level 250 how many booster packs would he get a day? Must make some decent money selling cards. Not $3,000, but surely more than I do

Top Bottom