• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King Dedede Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Blues1990

etMy4in.jpg

Alright, folks. The greatest antagonist in the history of the universe has returned. Let's celebrate!

EhoaVash

I didn't really like dedede in brawl, his moves better have improved also I really can't get his 4kids voice from the Right back at ya cartoon out of my head when ever I see king dedede :(

daripad

Meanwhile Yoshi cries in a corner because he is not being announced anytime soon :'(

I love DDD though, and it was one of the greatest addition to the series, he is the best heavy character and I love heavy characters in fighting games.

ffdgh

Meanwhile Yoshi cries in a corner because he is not being announced anytime soon :'(

I love DDD though, and it was one of the greatest addition to the series, he is the best heavy character and I love heavy characters in fighting games.

Probably saving yoshi for yarn yoshi or that 3ds game release.

Sandfox

It depends on when in 2014 Yoshi's New Island is releasing.

Flowmoney

It's not like Yoshi needs to be confirmed to be in the game to know that he is in it.Just like Wario doesn't be confirmed.

Shouldn't everyone be making it back in from brawl?

I honestly hope they take out some characters and change it up a little. Like, do we really need Wolf, Fox, and Falco? I'd also be completely behind them changing Ike to someone from FE: Awakening. But for the most part I'd hope most of them are coming back.

Berordn

Yeah but he's still a heavy character and I don't feel they're that great in general. Loved his b-air tho

Being heavy is kind of desirable in Smash though. It's just their size that usually thwarts whatever benefit they had. Dedede and Snake were good by virtue of being heavy but still relatively quick and not gigantic.

Crayolan

7Gg8rIe.jpg

Pre-rendered cutscene tier facial expressions here. Looks like Sakurai made sure to give Dedede a little extra love this time around.

This is also the first time I've realized Dedede is wearing gloves. Mind blown.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I honestly hope they take out some characters and change it up a little. Like, do we really need Wolf, Fox, and Falco? I'd also be completely behind them changing Ike to someone from FE: Awakening. But for the most part I'd hope most of them are coming back.
like, wut.

Anth0ny

He looks awesome. Much better than Brawl DDD.

Next veteran should be Diddy alongside the Japanese launch of DKC:TF.

My main man! Thrilled he's back.

Friends and I popped in Brawl for old time's sake and I ruined fools constantly with Dedede. They made me switch, so I trolled with Ganondorf instead.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Ike is in two better games though...

I really do like Dedede and all, but I would have much rather seen Snake come back instead. I know there's not really any reason for him to, but damn I'm going to miss him if he doesn't make the cut.

He looks awesome. Much better than Brawl DDD.

Next veteran should be Diddy alongside the Japanese launch of DKC:TF.

You're forgetting about the big Direct this month where Iwata announces Metroid Prime 4/Dread, ViUtiful Joe, and FZero UX in addition to Shulk, Goku, and Naruto being confirmed for Smash.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member

I don't follow.

Wolf, Fox and Falco have almost a completely different move-set each save for their specials which only have similar traits (yet they still act very differently). They're all different characters, Wolf especially. So I'd think we do need them, because they're some of the more interesting characters in the game.

The Landmaster Final Smash thing is a bit odd, though.

Ike shouldn't be changed, he's awesome, and one of the most fun and unique characters to play. There's no need to remove these characters for the sake of it.

shaowebb

Yesss my favorite smash bros character besides pikachu and bowser :D

I love you more with each day. If your main is also The Dorf I would fall over dead right now.

I also rocked the Ness. Dem PK thunder shots got accurate after awhile. So annoying. That and his upsmashing/pk fire shit.

Top Bottom