• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software: Dark Souls II might/maybe/possibly come to PS4 and Xbox One in future

Dark Souls II could come to PS4 and Xbox One in future, though the developer hasn't "put any thought into this yet".

The ambiguous answer comes from co-director Yui Tanimura, who told Edge that while such a thing may very well come to pass, no firm decision had been made either way.

Elsewhere in the interview, he explained that the decision to focus on the older consoles was made because the team felt a lot of potential remained there, and doing so would enable the studio to "deliver the game to fans as soon as possible."

Come on From, we know It's happening!

Source [IGN] :

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/dark-souls-2-dev-talks-ps4-xbox-one-versions

EDIT: Now featuring DemonNite's Gif just for pleasure.

rChu8Qy.gif

Averon

I'm pretty much stopped buying recent PS3/360 games because of situations just like this. No reason to spend $60 and buy a last gen version when I can wait a couple months and get the next gen version at 1080p and possibly 60fps on the PS4.

Dark Souls 2: Prepare to Die Wallet, Definitive Cash Burning Edition

Maybe it's just me, but won't a tease like this possibly hurt 360 and PS3 sales?

having them say they haven't put any thought into it has me believe if it would come it would be much later. I am not waiting 2 years for a "definitive HD super hyper turbo extreme mega prepare to die" version...especially at 60 bones.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
with the exception of mgs: rising, i've also stopped buying last gen games. here's hoping stick of truth & ds2 make their way to the current gen!

i think the strong ps4 sales / weak current gen software sales will incentivize devs to port games up to the current gen quickly

Griss

Well, add Dark Souls II to GTA V as games I'm waiting on, then. I'll feel like such a fool if neither gets a next-gen version, but I can wait.

geordiemp

I'm pretty much stopped buying recent PS3/360 games because of situations just like this. No reason to spend $60 and buy a last gen version when I can wait a couple months and get the next gen version at 1080p and possibly 60fps on the PS4.

Yep, I stopped buying last gen about summer 2013 was the last game, readying up for Ps4.

I am sure if pubs look at the sales of games, Ps4 numbers are pretty healthy.

I am not going back, I am sure many have same opinion, so if they want our money...

7threst

Even though I'm not ready getting a PS4 and am happy with DS2 being a PS3/Xbox360 title, I sure hope they'll bring it to next gen too. I am really curious what From is capable of on more powerful hardware.

Birathen

I've had my PS3 version preordered and paid in full since it was possible to preorder. Will do the same for the PS4 version. Come on, FROM. Let me be stupid with my moneys!

Cragvis

Elsewhere in the interview, he explained that the decision to focus on the older consoles was made because the team felt a lot of potential remained there, and doing so would enable the studio to "deliver the game to fans as soon as possible."

A lot of potential there...in an 8 year old console? With 512mb of ram?

really? Come on...

E92 M3

I'm keeping my hype levels as low as possible for DSII just like I did with the first one.

On another note, that GIF kills me everytime.

Hypron

I'm planning on getting a PS4 at the end of next year so I might buy DS2 a second/third time along with it (I'm still debating whether I should get the xbox version when it comes out or whether I should just wait a couple more weeks for the PC version).

Top Bottom