• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Soma Bringer [DS] trailer.

batbeg

Ah, thank you. No idea why I skipped over that section >.< I was clicking around like mad trying to find them too :lol

The enemies look fantastic :D Thank God Nintendo finally released some videos, my hype is through the roof. The towns look fantastic as well :D

Danj

Providing there are no problems, it looks like I'll be helping duckroll convert the videos and upload them to youtube. He's sending me them in a big zip file now.

duckroll

Okay, after watching the 3rd keyword video a dozen times just to listen to the BGM, I've concluded that in the second part of the video, the tune is really really close to Teru's Song in Ghibli's recent Tales of Earthsea. Does anyone else hear it? ^^;;;

nestea

Hopefully it comes out this year in NA(if at all). So many great games coming out for my DS, I'll have to get it a valentines day gift.

batbeg

Wow. Love the new video, looks like I'll be having myself a great time with this game :D I'm so happy they actually have large bosses/enemies, and that the enemies also look really impressive I think.

Although I had hope for the game from the beginning, its still amazing to see how much its turned from looking kind of blagh to looking pretty awesome.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the vid duck posted is awesome.

looks like the SoM game Square and Ishii couldnt make.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
duckroll said:
Okay, after watching the 3rd keyword video a dozen times just to listen to the BGM, I've concluded that in the second part of the video, the tune is really really close to Teru's Song in Ghibli's recent Tales of Earthsea. Does anyone else hear it? ^^;;;
I'll give it a listen and let you know.

edit: Haha holy shit. It's like a cheery version of Teru's Song!

dude

dude
The music in that video is really annoying ~_~
It looks pretty good in motion.

EDIT: I'm talking about the old video

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Wow. Looks much much better than I expected!
So, does this have multiplayer?

EDIT: oh I see it does! consider me hyped.

Looks hot, I really love the background visuals because everything looks so lush and colourful. I really hope it delivers. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

duckroll

speedpop said:
I'll give it a listen and let you know.

edit: Haha holy shit. It's like a cheery version of Teru's Song!

YAY! Thanks, I was getting worried that it was just me and I was going mad. :D

Looks good...

Very good, in some aspects like music and battle system.

Nintendo, don't fail us and release out of Japan, not like ASH...,please....

I thought that game might be mediocre but Wow everything about it looks good the animation, music and battle system.

Upgraded from "Keep an eye on" list to "Please Localize" list along with DQIV

LOL at the names of the characters. Maybe you didn't notice it, but Aria (=Air), Forte (=strong), Cadenza (rate, frequency) are italian adjectives/names. Granada comes from spanish (=a type of bomb). Welt (=world) and Einsatz (= part or effort - thanks to Neo C.) comes from the German.

Let me say that these names are ridicoulous.

OliveJuice said:
I wonder how much it will help, sales wise, now that Monolith is under Nintendo.

Interesting obervation. Fact say that a Nintendo-edited game has more probabilities to sell then a Third Party-edited game. A little bit odd, because I thought that the mass consumer don't pay attention to labels or trademarks on the packages, but facts are facts.

duckroll

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Interesting obervation. Fact say that a Nintendo-edited game has more probabilities to sell then a Third Party-edited game. A little bit odd, because I thought that the mass consumer don't pay attention to labels or trademarks on the packages, but facts are facts.

That must be why Luminous Arc totally fucking outsold ASH right?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Wow, I'm really impressed. Like, I just need some solid impressions of this game from J-GAF and it's an insta-buy.

ethelred

All right. After watching all the videos, I'm just going to take back virtually everything I've said before. I'm impressed. The game looks really, really good.

I still hate almost all of the character designs/artwork, but aside from that... everything's looking great. The backgrounds in towns and dungeons are absolutely beautiful, and Mitsuda's music is great. I didn't fully realize before, but it's so nice to have Mitsuda back doing game music; it's one of those things you don't realize how much you've missed until you get a piece of it again, and to have it in a game that I'm actually looking forward to playing is nice.

So fine, ducky, there's your stinking apology.

Neo C.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
LOL at the names of the characters. Maybe you didn't notice it, but Aria (=Air), Forte (=strong), Cadenza (rate, frequency) are italian adjectives/names. Granada comes from spanish (=a type of bomb). Welt (=world) and Einsatz (= part) comes from the German.

Let me say that these names are ridicoulous.
These guys seem to have horrible parents. It's like to name your son ... Kobe, or your daughter ... Apple.

btw., "Einsatz" has different meanings, I would say "effort" fits most.

Shirokun

Oh God! The Music! I love you Mitsuda!

Looks like it could be seriously entertaining. I really hope they plan on bringing it over to the states.

Shirokun

So, since Crono, Sephiroth, and Jr. all seem to be major characters in this game, can we expect incredible realtime combat, a twenty hour minigame/side quest, and infinitely long cutscenes?
:D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ethelred said:
All right. After watching all the videos, I'm just going to take back virtually everything I've said before. I'm impressed. The game looks really, really good.

I still hate almost all of the character designs/artwork, but aside from that... everything's looking great. The backgrounds in towns and dungeons are absolutely beautiful, and Mitsuda's music is great. I didn't fully realize before, but it's so nice to have Mitsuda back doing game music; it's one of those things you don't realize how much you've missed until you get a piece of it again, and to have it in a game that I'm actually looking forward to playing is nice.

Still convinced this will bomb as bad as Magical Starsign?

botticus

Wow, videos look impressive, particularly relative to the stills. Still waiting on someone to give me an online co-op title though. The only people I know who will have any interest in playing this are multiple states away in opposite directions.

ethelred said:

You are dead to me.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
sweet. love the music, and i really like the battle system too. can't wait for this to come out stateside :D

ethelred

duckroll said:
That wouldn't be a bomb at all, because I hear this time they're just shipping 80k initially.

That's not bad, then. But it does show that the game's not going to be a really big hit like some people are hoping for.

duckroll

ethelred said:
That's not bad, then. But it does show that the game's not going to be a really big hit like some people are hoping for.

I'm really not sure if there's anyone who is sane expecting this to be a hit. The fact that we're only getting marketing 2 weeks before the release shows that it's a pretty low profile game to the publisher.

Top Bottom