• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 : First Screens (from Alpha Build]

16cxvf.jpg

2xhx5k.jpg

34xal8.jpg

4oxaph.jpg

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/1903

Nilaul

I thought its going to be more cell shaded and cartoony and more "flat" looking rather then "lets just add bloom and blur to everything"

To early to tell how the game will look though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Really, really should have gone with cel-shading or just straight 2D. Looks cheap and nasty otherwise, and not really an approximation of the concept art at all.

Great. Now the whole Internet is going to jump to conclusions based on nothing at all.

There is no "look" here - it's primarily placeholder graphics.

TnK

Really hope it looks better than this. I want it to look more cel shaded like others said. Le the concept art and GG Xrd

Azure J

Cool stuff, earliness aside. Can't wait to see what it'll look like with more of its assets and visual design in place.

It's only an alpha, but I second/third/fourth/etc. the hope for a more cel shaded aesthetic... We'll see, I backed this anyways so can't wait!

ParityBit

I always find bosses watching employees from a screen in their office to be creepy.

lol

This is the first thing I thought of the screen. The game looks ... well it's Alpha so they probably have not done much outside of engine work.

I would quit if I had a camera trained on my all day

So many people who'll have "wasted money" because of how the game looks... wow. Since when has graphics ever mattered in a Mega Man-esque game?

People are also assuming a lot from the graphics this early on... Graphics are generally very rough at this stage and refined over the course of development.

TimmiT

I thought its going to be more cell shaded and cartoony and more "flat" looking rather then "lets just add bloom and blur to everything"

To early to tell how the game will look though.

Like you said, it's too early to tell. The graphics will likely change before release, especially considering it won't be released until sometime in 2015.

Glad I didn't back this. I keeeeed!

So many people who'll have "wasted money" because of how the game looks... wow. Since when has graphics ever mattered in a Mega Man-esque game?

People are also assuming a lot from the graphics this early on... Graphics are generally very rough at this stage and refined over the course of development.
Bad idea releasing that target render, actually set expectations for the look :p

Rayman Legends/Origins still maintain the crown for most beautiful 2D sidescrollers, but we've got till 2015 to see if their engine can match up.

BY2K

Membero Americo
C'mon, you can't judge a game's look on its alpha.

If they get close to the target render (3rd pic), I think it will look fantastic.

Alastor3

The third image is the "target render" that they showed during the kickstarter campaign. It's not an in-engine shot. The first 2 are the only ones in game, maybe OP should edit his post to make that more obvious?

oooww so it's not what the game will look :(

Five

Banned
The third image is the "target render" that they showed during the kickstarter campaign. It's not an in-engine shot. The first 2 are the only ones in game, maybe OP should edit his post to make that more obvious?

There's a different still from the same scene on his monitor. Were there two target renders like that?

PsionBolt

Grabbing ledges makes me happy. It's a great in-between of expanding movement options while still feeling like Mega Man Classic. Hopefully it's snappy like the Power Grip and not sluggish.

There's a different still from the same scene on his monitor. Were there two target renders like that?

This:

a1d0e45fc7a68f4c962f2ebcd7a2210c_large.jpg

Is the only target render/concept art I remember them they showing for the KS, those images look to be from the alpha (which you can tell from the monitor like you said)

Griss

I hope all the visuals are just placeholders (and they quite possibly are). Because frankly it just looks like shit, from the UI to the 3D character model and how it plays against the background.

Not gonna judge the game on such early screens, but others will. Perhaps they shouldn't have released these.

Top Bottom