• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: Sagat and Balrog Videos

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Couple new videos.. Balrog looks fast imo...

Looks like Sagat has all the standard tiger knee and fireball moves. he has his two hit mk as well it looks like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ZMQ7ZlCqA

"as of today, Sagat is the final boss. after beating him you just get a thanks for playing message"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfpXh2r72HM

"SF4 was at the Taito center in Akihabara today. Clip of M.Bison (4th stage boss at current time). Better known as Balrog in the US"

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow, they're really pumping them out aren't they

Looks really good, I'd like to see more characters from other SF games now! And also the real Bison, it would be cool seeing him do his plasma torpedo with the new art style

Xater

Balrog and not dudley yay...................

It really will be a SF2 3d remake with a few new characters. Let's just pretend SF3 never happened. I will still buy it but ugh....

We're now up to 12, and Ono has said Akuma would play a major role in the story.

Wonder who the final 3 (to get up to 16) will be?

sajj316

this looks great! Sucks for the guys getting in the way of the screen but you could still see some glorious SF action. I haven't play tested the game myself (as I'm sure most of you haven't) but it seems that the 2D gameplay has been retained. I just can't imagine a 'turbo' mode.

kenta said:
Wow, they're really pumping them out aren't they

Looks really good, I'd like to see more characters from other SF games now! And also the real Bison, it would be cool seeing him do his plasma torpedo with the new art style

Bison is dead. Killed by Akuma at the end of SSF2T.

RyanDG

brendanrfoley said:
Bison is dead. Killed by Akuma at the end of SSF2T.

I'm willing to almost guarantee now that M. Bison is going to show up as a non-canon/non-story hidden character by the time things are done.

Edit - OR EVEN BETTER - they can pull a SNK and make him Omega Bison... ;)

Mr Jared

Hah. Sagat gets his 2-hit quick kick from the later games. Awesome. Honestly though, he does look a lot like his SFEX3 model, only less bulky. Looks pretty good.

As for Boxer, it's tough to tell how he looks, but he does seem slower than he did in previous games. The turn-punch invulnerability is back which is always nice and thank god, the headbutt is still there.

Man, Ono was right. Gief IS pretty over powered. I played as him all week but I'm just sort of now realizing how quick he is. That'll probably get toned down.

RyanDG

After viewing the videos, I can officially say at least Capcom's technology with Street Fighter IV finally allows Sagat's eye patch to stay on one eye... ;)

Ryu1999

Dark Octave said:
Wish I could see it.

Srsly, so many damn people walking in front of the camera

alkaline black said:
Hah. Sagat gets his 2-hit quick kick from the later games. Awesome. Honestly though, he does look a lot like his SFEX3 model, only less bulky. Looks pretty good.

As for Boxer, it's tough to tell how he looks, but he does seem slower than he did in previous games. The turn-punch invulnerability is back which is always nice and thank god, the headbutt is still there.

Man, Ono was right. Gief IS pretty over powered. I played as him all week but I'm just sort of now realizing how quick he is. That'll probably get toned down.

Tone up the SPD damage as well. The piddly damage of his SFA3 incarnation doesn't cut it

Mr Jared

Ryu1999 said:
Tone up the SPD damage as well. The piddly damage of his SFA3 incarnation doesn't cut it

I'm almost thinking that his SPD damage is so low because he's so damned deadly now. Currently, the EX Banishing Flat is his best shot at working his way in because it's fast, doesn't knock down and is free damage on pretty much anything he blocks. By the time you get to the guy for the SPD, you've probably already worn them out.

Then again, I wouldn't complain about more damage :lol

v0yce

Ugh, I'm really torn. I think everything looks good for the most part, but the whole SF II 3D stuff is really kind of dissapointing.

There's so many great things about the Alpha and SFIII games (and I'm talking non gameplay stuff like characters, costumes, backgrounds, etc) its a shame if they ignore them completely. Not to mention new stuff.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I wouldnt worry too much about the roster yet ppl. I am family confident we will see characters from other games as SFIV progresses. Maybe not in the arcade, but its basically been confirmed by Ono that the console releases will.

Nash said:
The jumping and falling seems strange, or is it just me?

Yeah it is.. falling looks slow and weird..

My god that dude was spamming the hell out of that spinning lariat. They're going to have to do something about that before it becomes the new psycho crusher. I once fought a guy in the arcade version of SSF2T that chose M.Bison and literally flew back and forth the entire match. That guy was such a dick...

Holy poop. Thanks for the links dude, I am huge Street Fighter fan.

edit: wow even through the youtube videos you can really see the quality of the shadowing in the game. I think in the Zangief versus Sagat video there was a light behind Zangief and his shadow was on Sagat. Really nice small touches.

It also says Sagat is the last boss, does anyone know if that's set in stone or not? After seeing that Abel's backstory is to do with Shadaloo, I would have thought we'd see M. Bison in it (dictator).

GAH! SF2.5 indeed. >:|

Damn it Capcom. . .

I'll just wait to play it and hopefully those dingbats acknowledge other SF games that aren't SF2: Desperately Attempting to Reclaim the Glory Edition.

kenta said:
I saw that video and no he's not dead

We can debate this all day (but lets not)!

Whether they change it or not now, that's one thing. But Capcom has said, in canon, that Bison was killed. I'd much prefer a final boss of Akuma, anyway.

RyanDG

Zedsdeadbaby said:
It also says Sagat is the last boss, does anyone know if that's set in stone or not? After seeing that Abel's backstory is to do with Shadaloo, I would have thought we'd see M. Bison in it (dictator).

They just mean for the location test, not for the game. It's the final character you can play in single player mode before the game gives you a Thank you for playing message.

Ryu1999

alkaline black said:
I'm almost thinking that his SPD damage is so low because he's so damned deadly now. Currently, the EX Banishing Flat is his best shot at working his way in because it's fast, doesn't knock down and is free damage on pretty much anything he blocks. By the time you get to the guy for the SPD, you've probably already worn them out.
Well I was saying if they toned him down and were trying to keep him more faithful to his SF2 version, up the SPD damage since that defines him.

Regarding the EX green hand, reminds me of a certain other move that used to be like that

ElectricWindGodFist%20copy.jpg

Top Bottom