• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[8/6/2015] Screenshot comparison of MGSV on each platform will be posted tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JunkerHQNet:
Screenshot comparison of each version of MGSV will be posted tomorrow. Gameplay is the same between last/current gen

Original Tweet from @Kojima_Hideo:
「MGSV TPP」は9/1(日本は9/2)にワールドワイドで発売(PS4/One/PS3/360/PC)します。明日には各ハード毎のゲーム画面の画像対比を紹介します。尚、「自由潜入」のゲーム性は旧世代も現世代も、どれも変わりません。
CLunoVQVEAA2R9n.jpg:large

dugdug

Banned
What does "gameplay is the same" mean? Does that mean, gameplay will be the same across platforms, but, visuals won't?

What does "gameplay is the same" mean? Does that mean, gameplay will be the same across platforms, but, visuals won't?

Yes, correct. Ken (producer) tweeted that day that the content would be the same, so I'm guessing that's what is meant here as well!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They have been very open about this game aside from MGO which they had to delay.

Good job!

bombshell

So are we going to find out the resolution of the Xbox One version tomorrow? They were very open about it with Ground Zeroes.

MNC

"Hey guys, we have special graphics for the PC version and need an excuse to showcase it"

gimme

Detective

A French website Gamekyo asked the Konami representative Julien Merceron what the framerate and resolution is for their upcoming titles PES 2016 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is. The representative proudly announced that Konami was very impressed by their new Fox Engine and that both titles will run at 1080p 60FPS on both the Xbox One and PS4.

http://www.ticgn.com/metal-gear-solid-phantom-pain-1080p-60fps-xbox-one/

The games is gonna be great either way. Interesting though.

DieH@rd

Banned
All PC shots are 4K.

Word of warning, you need serious horsepower for that. Ground Zeroes could not hit maxed 4K at 60fps even with two 970s in SLI.

Qassim

I love that Kojima Productions does this, it's kind of the complete opposite attitude the rest of the industry has that likes to avoid drawing any attention to differences between the versions.

JordanKZ

Frankly I'm surprised how good they managed to get the older consoles to look.

I'll be buying this on PC and trying to run it at 4K downsampled to 2.5K and yeah, that was my first impression too. The PS3 and X360 versions still look really great, despite their age.

Also, dem ground textures...

pic_mission_pc_z2.jpg

Word of warning, you need serious horsepower for that. Ground Zeroes could not hit maxed 4K at 60fps even with two 970s in SLI.

Two 970s today is not "serious horsepower" anymore.

A single 980ti will perfectly run it at least at 30fps/4k I bet. Maybe even hit 60 fps with minor tweaks.

Maybe even more than that.

A 980 did this:

metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-lighting-quality-performance.png

Vuze

That "pc max 60 fps" doesn't please me.

But it will last two seconds, at most. xD
I think GZ had some problems if you unlocked the framerate, like throwables getting stuck mid-air or something.

Anyway, I really appreciate them doing such a comparison. PC vs PS4 comparison is a bit silly considering they just used parts from a 4K screenshot and compared it to an upscaled 1080p screenshot of PS4 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom