• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle Announced for July 21, Neon Green/Pink Joy-Cons Autumn

Pandy

eh, it's pretty clear his talking about two things. Bringing colors back(which, never left), and how the systems recognizes colors to identify the player, which to my knowledge is new.

I understand that, but LQX seemed to have missed it, and I wasn't 100% sure that I'd missed the XB1 quietly having that feature or something.

AdanVC

Glad I've waited to get a Switch. I'm gonna check Amazon Japan regularly to see if I'm lucky and grab a bundle with pink and green joycons! God bless region free stuff.

jts

...hate me...
What's the point of bundles if there's no savings?

Loads of fanservice. Splatoon-themed Joy-cons (for Japan), Splatoon-themed box, and some Splatoon stickers thrown in.

They are even selling the box separately for those who already got the Switch and may feel like they are missing out on this, LOL.

Basically it's the bundle for those waiting on Splatoon 2 to buy a Switch.

I mean it might look appealing enough to result in a few more game copies sold that way (people like bundles), but I agree it's a bit redundant.

VillageBC

Is switch region free enough for importing? I speak/read no japanese, NA Nintendo account, and not really interested in importing titles. Will I run into any oddities purchasing games in NA physical/online with one?

However, I really want the neon pink/green splatoon bundle. =)

RootCause

I understand that, but LQX seemed to have missed it, and I wasn't 100% sure that I'd missed the XB1 quietly having that feature or something.
Fair enough. Yeah, there's nothing like it at the moment. It seems silly, but it was something that blew me away the first time I noticed it.

Oregano

Is switch region free enough for importing? I speak/read no japanese, NA Nintendo account, and not really interested in importing titles. Will I run into any oddities purchasing games in NA physical/online with one?

However, I really want the neon pink/green splatoon bundle. =)

Switch is as region free as they come. The account is what matters, not the hardware.

intend is going to make a killing on Joycon colors

Gold, Black, White, Platinum.... the possibilities are endless... and everybody will have a unique switch.

shanafan

Is the box only, digital code inside case coming to the States? Best Buy and Amazon can do 20% off for anything physical - and this is physical ;)

Gila Moo

Neo Member
Apparently the Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case for NA is up for pre-order only at GameStop right now. Not sure if Amazon will ever stock up on them yet.

DBOQupHUQAA-yjk.png

Isn't this Hori voice chat add on elegant?

No

????

Wasn't this confirmed on the OP? Since it was dated and all on the promo pics?

All of the information was from the European Nintendo Direct, NA never got any of the Splatoon stuff announced until now. It's not like it's a big surprise, there just wasn't any information yet (assuming they were waiting for E3?)

Now the only thing to do is wait and see what color Joycons come with their Splatoon bundle (assuming we get one).

Drek

I can't seem to get it to work...help!

It's a targeted promotion, only select accounts can use it. If you don't already have an account it might be worth making one to see if their selection involves new customers, but it's a roll of the dice.

Koppai

It's a targeted promotion, only select accounts can use it. If you don't already have an account it might be worth making one to see if their selection involves new customers, but it's a roll of the dice.
Tried that...damn didn't work lol.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Has anyone done a full Splatoon 2 accessory roundup yet? I've been seeing a lot of third party cases with Splatoon artwork popping up recently.

If you think about it from Nintendo's point of view, why is it only $75? Stuff like this they can price outrageously, put "limited edition" on the package, and people will buy it.

They're going to sell every one of these they make, I bet. And the same would be true if it was $100.

Personally, I already have a Pro Controller and I'm not buying another.

Top Bottom