• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Deception Errors [Comic: Chapter 16 - Complete]

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Haha, Dietz, author of Halo: The Flood? What's the excuse this time? Another time constraint?
Seriously. Not looking good for Dietz when he fucks up two videogame novelizations like these.

Hey guys, I just finished Chapter 4 of Deception: Rage Comic Edition.

e8JZC.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
haha I love how you made that hologram of him eating cereal and everything is properly reversed. You put more attention to detail in this than the damn writer did.

Stage On

I bought the book before finding out about the problems with it after it was too late to cancel.

I'm not going to bother reading it now after hearing how bad it is. Plus having been spoiled by the ending I'd like to pretend the events of the book never happened.... It's better that way.

*sigh* I thought this was leading up to Gillan being a squad member in Mass effect 3. Now that would have been cool...

Yaska

After reading this topic, I'm scared of reading my kindle copy. Maybe I should just wait for the revised edition.

Arjen

Is it even salvageable if they corrected all the lore mistakes?

They fucked up the timeline pretty big, Gillian and Nick are 18 when they are supposed to be 15. I'm not going to spoil things, but there's now way 15 year olds could do the things they are doing in this book.

Mindlog

The end will be fun to do.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I want to represent Aria.
That is an interesting problem to have. How do you represent someone pretending to be someone that doesn't exist with a non-existant family that doesn't want to not let her mourn the daughter that none of them know in anonymity?

j2tFo.png

*sigh* I thought this was leading up to Gillan being a squad member in Mass effect 3. Now that would have been cool...
Yeah, I thought they were going to get creepy with it and make her a LI.
Luckily, they had an even worse idea.

Abylim

Loving the comics... Lol at bioware.. wtf is up with them?
ME3 is highly anticipated, but I worry. Thank god the Dragon Age team isnt involved.

wildfire

Banned
I'm honestly surprised they acknowledged the errors at all. They haven't commented on any of their own plot holes/inconsistencies through ME2+DLC or the comics.

This is the only ME book I haven't read so it must be really bad for Bioware to take note.

It's so bad it not only contradicts books that came before it but also after it. They needed to patch it.

mclem

The bowl of cereal has had me crying with laughter. That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. I can't believe that was in the book. Now I have to read that passage. Who in their right mind would break into a person's home to eat a bowl of cereal?

Goldilocks?

LumpOfCole spinning this disaster into some positive word of mouth better than a thousand PR mouthpieces at Bioware could ever imagine.

Keep up the great work man, very entertaining. I actually want to know what happens now!

Arjen

The worst part is...i bet they'll keep that in the edited version. Gotta have some funny parts in a "serious" sci-fi franchise am i right?

Honestly, they shouldn't even bother "fixing" it, i'm 2/3 in, but it is really, really awfull.
Let's just al pretend this book doesn't exist.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully the guys writing the story of ME3 have nothing to do with the one who did Deception.

I read the first 2 books, I think a new one just released here, and thats the third. But Deception is the fourth one no?

Gillian's autism was completely disregarded in Deception with no explanation. I used Doc Brown to show what I believe happened to her autism (and her sudden and impossible aging of 3 years to coincide with the book's timeline).

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Please continue with this amazing retellings.

Bisnic

I kinda would like that to happen just to hear people cry.

"Thane went to assassinate a volus who nearly killed his son, Shepard slowly following behind.

But before that, while he is sleeping....let's eat chips and watch space football on his TV!"

All animated, voiced and in glorious HD for Deception fans!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hopefully the guys writing the story of ME3 have nothing to do with the one who did Deception.

Let's hope they guys who wrote ME2 have nothing to do with it either. Although if you've seen the leaked story stuff, you've probably stopped caring already.

Bisnic

Let's hope they guys who wrote ME2 have nothing to do with it either. Although if you've seen the leaked story stuff, you've probably stopped caring already.

I didnt. Well except some stuff concerning Thane... i think. And im not even sure that was before the real leaks happened.

Derrick01

Banned

They are. As I said, Mac Walters is still lead writer.

My mind was put a little more at ease on the gameplay stuff for ME3, but as long as this guy is still lead writer I will always worry about the game's story.

Top Bottom