• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok demo coming VERY soon and more info

Date Posted: 1/3 10:52am Subject: RE: Developer greetings from Propaganda Studios...aka "Questions? We've got answers!"
Good morning, folks. Happy New Year to you, I hope it was a safe and fun one. Let's tackle these one at a time, shall we?

PS3 - Issues with PS3 development are largely overblown by internet "experts" and folks with an axe to grind. Face it, any new platform is going to present challenges and the PS3 is no different from the 360 in that regard. We've had over a year's head start getting experience on the 360, but Propaganda has extremely talented coders who took on the challenge of making Turok multiplatform and giving PS3 owners the best game possible. Sony was also a great supporter, providing on-site assistance here so that you guys on PS3 got the same AAA fps experience that the 360 owners are going to get when Turok's released. So to make a long story short, the PS3 game rocks as hard as the 360 version. No worries there.

Demo - we're going to make the 360 demo more widely available VERY soon, and we'll be releasing a PS3 version too. I look forward to the comparison videos and jpegs which are soon to follow, I'm sure. cool

Dinos in MP - I'm not going to give away the farm, but you'll definitely see more than just raptors in all multiplayer sessions. They're a great addition to the mix, making things unpredictable for both sides and really fleshing out the game universe to the same high level that our single player game enjoys. You guys will love 'em all...when they're chewing on your opponent as opposed to you.

Achievements, online co-op - We're supporting online co-op play, for sure! 3 distinct maps telling aspects of the SP campaign from a different perspective. The AI is suitably tougher, as you'd expect from a mode which supports 4 players working together. There are specific co-op achievements as well. For a full list of achievements, check this link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=322

TIM

I found this pretty interesting. He says the demo is coming VERY soon (with capitals) so I'm guessing within a week or two. Also his comments about the ps3 version is coming along nicely are really good to hear.

I personally can't wait for the demo since I played Turok for the N64 all the time. :)

God, this could be the best spring game season ever.

Dinos in MP - I'm not going to give away the farm, but you'll definitely see more than just raptors in all multiplayer sessions. They're a great addition to the mix, making things unpredictable for both sides and really fleshing out the game universe to the same high level that our single player game enjoys. You guys will love 'em all...when they're chewing on your opponent as opposed to you.

I can just picture this working out like items in Smash Bros., with "purists" claiming that the only way to play is to disable the dinos.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Green Shinobi said:
I can just picture this working out like items in Smash Bros., with "purists" claiming that the only way to play is to disable the dinos.
There are people who play Smash Bros. without items? That seems...wrong.

Oh man, yes :D

I've been very interested in this for a while and am looking to buy it next month but I want to check i'll like it first.

I was thinking the other day while on here that we should all hassle Bish for a demo release date...

Looking forward to it! I hope both 360 and PS3 demos go up before release so I can see which one to get. Could be my first 3rd party PS3 game =o

Green Shinobi said:
God, this could be the best spring game season ever.

uh, yeah, tournament play removes random elements and relies on skill and strategy

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If the gameplay turns out to be good...I think I may just buy it. Why is it tthe 1st quater of this year is so dam good?:lol DMC4, Turok, Burnout Paradise, Lost Odyssy, and so many more. Even after Christmas too *Cries*

shintoki said:
If the gameplay turns out to be good...I think I may just buy it. Why is it tthe 1st quater of this year is so dam good?:lol DMC4, Turok, Burnout Paradise, Lost Odyssy, and so many more. Even after Christmas too *Cries*
and as a huge fan of Turok 1, 2 and RW on N64, i'm REALLY hoping this game is full of WIN

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
360 was the lead platform, so the PS3 version of the demo was a little late. That's par for the course with most multiplatform games so far, I don't think we're in such bad company. :p Anyways, you'll see the demo released on Live and PSN in the near future, and get a taste of the meat fountain for yourself. Full game is out on Feb. 5th.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I'm looking forward to this game, it looks like pure, fairly straightforward fun. Looking forward to the demo but unless it's horrible I'll be there the first week.

FightyF

Banned

Wow, that sounds awesome! Any little thing to differentiate the MP is great, as I'm still enjoying Halo and CoD4 because of the fact that they are very different.

Y'know I just noticed that there hasn't been a demo out for a little while on the PS3 or the 360...soon is good timing.

gwiz210

Hmm...thats funny gaf because lookie what I have...
6pilisi.jpg

...i look like one scary mofo...

Edit: I've only played it once but I think its just a single player mission. It was very fun though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
gwiz210 said:
Hmm...thats funny gaf because lookie what I have...
6pilisi.jpg

...i look like one scary mofo...

Edit: I've only played it once but I think its just a single player mission. It was very fun though.

Are you wearing finger nail polish?

gwiz210

The game is really polished and controls great. Only thing I couldnt understand is how to crouch right. It threw me off a bit.

bishoptl said:
360 was the lead platform, so the PS3 version of the demo was a little late. That's par for the course with most multiplatform games so far, I don't think we're in such bad company. :p Anyways, you'll see the demo released on Live and PSN in the near future, and get a taste of the meat fountain for yourself. Full game is out on Feb. 5th.

Bish, couple of questions:

What is shoot on PS3? R2 or R1? And if its R2 can you change it to R1?

Also, will you guys be playing multiplayer like those "play with the dev" nights? I'd love to give you a game sometime :D

gwiz210

InterMoniker said:
Gahhh cut that emo mop. Your not scary AT ALL
lol, I have no idea why this pic came out weird and emo. I'm by no means an emo, and dont have an emo haircut. Just a bad hair day I suppose.

gwiz210 said:
lol, I have no idea why this pic came out weird and emo. I'm by no means an emo, and dont have an emo haircut. Just a bad hair day I suppose.
Ok fair enough :)
SappYoda said:
That could fix all bad PSN updates, so release it soon :p
Yeah I know I want custom sound tracks in SSHD but that's getting Off Topic.

gwiz210 said:

It may have been the emo haircut and finger nail polish.

LOL, just messing with ya

You'll have to learn to mind your surroundings.

loosus

Banned
I haven't played Turok since the first N64 game. I thought it was pretty cool at the time because of the dinosaurs.

Am I right to say that they have largely gotten away from that in later games? That's the impression I've always had, anyway.

Chris_C

Turok and Burnout will be my next PS3 purchases, thankfully Bish is on my PSN friends list so I'll be able to pwn him at his own game.
when it finally arrives, it's being shipped from the US to Lagos...

ram

bishoptl said:

thats the reason, why your developers forgot the game for the german games convention :X

Top Bottom