• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Well I'm a sucker, I got the early enlister edition instead of just waiting three more days to pay $20 less -_-

I tried searching for what exactly the "items inspired by the Red Baron and Lawrence of Arabia" are but couldn't find them on the official website. Did they not release pictures or footage of that stuff?

Here:
BF1EEDE_Infographic_1920x1080_textless_RGB.jpg

Lazy Lemmy

Neo Member
Im really looking forward to this. On BF3 I was predominantly a Rush player, 4 was all about Conquest....so I am hoping for a decent middle ground

madmackem

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the First World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.
I don't know if this is just a meme post or real, I'll take it as real and answer as such. Get over yourself man, I can trace back family member that died in both great wars yet can enjoy a piece of entertainment for what it is. Infact having played a few hours of single player I think this is one of the most tastefully done portrations of war we've had in video games, they don't seem to sugar coating it too much and mention how it was a vile and bloody war that ended nothing.

I don't know if this is just a meme post or real, I'll take it as real and answer as such. Get over yourself man, I can trace back family member that died in both great wars yet can enjoy a piece of entertainment for what it is. Infact having played a few hours of single player I think this is one of the most tastefully done portrations of war we've had in video games, they don't seem to sugar coating it too much and mention how it was a vile and bloody war that ended nothing.
It's a meme, and people have explained as much in subsequent replies.

kriskrosbbk

How much is the Ultimate edition on UK PSN? I have the standart preordered and now it says ultimate is not available for me as I have the standart.Just interested in the price.

Impulsor

Help, from fellow PC gamers.

How much DPI should I be using on my mouse?

I'm using 1200 DPI right now and I think it may be too much.

Other than that, I'm really sucking hard at this. After 10 hours of trial I anaged to level up medic and support once, almost assault, ended at rank 13 overall.

I'm getting better and I'm noticing it, but it's really frustrating at times.

Kal

LMAO! It's a copypasta lol!

Great OP! Can't wait to play it; I ordered the early enlister edition from GAME but they haven't sent the activation code (well they have but the code is "COMING SOON" lol). I'm hoping they send it soon so that I can download it before tomorrow.

My most anticipated game this year, especially after the 10-hour trial. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition because I can't wait to get back into the game (also really like the Lawrence of Arabia and Red Baron bonuses).

rdytoroll

Other than that, I'm really sucking hard at this. After 10 hours of trial I anaged to level up medic and support once, almost assault, ended at rank 13 overall.

I've been using 800 DPI for a year now and it's much better than what I used before (1600-2000 DPI). You should try it

Impulsor

I've been using 800 DPI for a year now and it's much better than what I used before (1600-2000 DPI). You should try it

As I say, the game runs like a dream for me on PC, 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor at constant 60fps with a 4790k processor and a OCed 980ti, but I really suck on PC, improving slowly, but yeah, kind of afraid of being eternally frustrated.

This is almost the only reason why I'm considering going ps4 over PC.

zoukka

As I say, the game runs like a dream for me on PC, 3440x1440 ultra wide monitor at constant 60fps with a 4790k processor and a OCed 980ti, but I really suck on PC, improving slowly, but yeah, kind of afraid of being eternally frustrated.

It's just about finding a good sensitivity for mouse and getting natural with keys. Most people have the sensitivity WAY too high.

rdytoroll

With your rig I'd stay on the PC. You can always improve your aim by going lower DPI and just by playing. Also in Battlefield you don't need the best aim, it's not a twitch shooter. You can help your team by scouting enemies, healing teammates, giving ammunition, capping points, driving tanks and by use of supressing fire. Those are all much more important than being the best shot on the team and not doing much else imo.

I've been using 400dpi for two years now and I love it. Some people think it's too low but it's perfect if you have a big mousepad, imo.

Impulsor

It's just about finding a good sensitivity for mouse and getting natural with keys. Most people have the sensitivity WAY too high.

That is my main problem I think, because I almost always die in face to face even if I'm the one to start shooting.

So yeah, frustrating.

I'm getting better, as I said, but yeah, still frustrating, so I'd rather get help and try to improve than give up because the PC version runs like an absolute dream for me.

Anyone pre-order the digital verison on PSN?

My countdown timer is set to 3AM ET
I also bought the digital Early Enlister on PS4. And it says as of now, there is 21 hours and 16 mins remaining till the game unlocks. Or 3 am EDT. While my Origin copy says my Ultimate Edition unlocks at October 18 @ 12:00 AM EDT. I am located in Eastern USA BTW.

zoukka

That is my main problem I think, because I almost always die in face to face even if I'm the one to start shooting.

So yeah, frustrating.

I'm getting better, as I said, but yeah, still frustrating, so I'd rather get help and try to improve than give up because the PC version runs like an absolute dream for me.

I started playing Overwatch in 15 sensitivity (in-game) and now I'm down to 6. When I try the 15 for fun again, it feels impossible to be able to hit anything :D

So yeah, frustrating.

If you're playing better with a controller, why not use that?

Is there any reason to run DX12 instead of DX11? I know DX12 is more intensive and takes away frames according to some benchmarks, but I wasn't sure what is gained.

I also bought the digital Early Enlister on PS4. And it says as of now, there is 21 hours and 16 mins remaining till the game unlocks. Or 3 am EDT. While my Origin copy says my Ultimate Edition unlocks at October 18 @ 12:00 AM EDT. I am located in Eastern USA BTW.

I'm also in East USA, so I was expecting to get some maps before I go to bed, aka, unlock at midnight

Impulsor

If you're playing better with a controller, why not use that?

Playing with a controller on PC feels like a disadvantage. I'd rather learn to play with Mouse and Keyboard than to gimp myself, as in, if playing with a controller I'm imposign upon myself a lower skill ceiling than if playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I may be better with cotnroller (against other people using controller) but it doesn't feel right since people are still killing me on pc with laser precision.

Keasar

I wanted to play Operations during the Trial but couldn't. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but in order to play Operations you can't just join a server through the Server Browser but have to do it through the separate matchmaking screen? In that screen, you have to first select one out of 5 different Operations, and you can only pick one. Then in each one you have to choose if you wanna play with either 40 or 64 players. Then you have to hope that enough other players picked that same Operations and that same player count in order to be matched up? And you can't see if other players have picked that Operations etc. so you'll just have to guess which one is popular enough to have players?

I found this very frustrating, maybe it works in America but definitely not in Europe where all I got was that not enough players were searching for a match. All I'd like was just a "Any Operations with Any Player Count" option or just be able to see through the server browser and join through that.

rdytoroll

I wanted to play Operations during the Trial but couldn't. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but in order to play Operations you can't just join a server through the Server Browser but have to do it through the separate matchmaking screen? In that screen, you have to first select one out of 5 different Operations, and you can only pick one. Then in each one you have to choose if you wanna play with either 40 or 64 players. Then you have to hope that enough other players picked that same Operations and that same player count in order to be matched up? And you can't see if other players have picked that Operations etc. so you'll just have to guess which one is popular enough to have players?

Pretty much lol. But there should be enough players at launch for 40/64

Hmm no mention of the actual characters' depth or quality of storytelling, just that you play as multiple characters vignette-style. I kinda wanted to know how the black soldier and Bedouin warrior were like, since visually they look interesting. They must be quite unremarkable then to not deserve a mention.

Ozorov

Yep. Also getting a Pro :)
Still torn between retail or digital early Inlister edition though.....
I'm going all digital nowdays, they have a pretty cool system so you can switch between BF1,4 and hardline within the battlefield games now. Bought the Ultimate one. Also Ordered a headset with a mic, so we should play some day!

Top Bottom