• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

No reason not to if it's a normal game release and there isn't an OT already.

I do OTs for a lot of smaller releases knowing they won't get a ton of traffic.

Cheers, it's a cheap and cheerful OT so not too much time invested in it, but want to spread the slime! Will post it later today.

Does anyone know how to avoid spaces being inserted between vertically stacked images in a row? The Dunkirk and Suits OTs are good examples. They don't seem to have done anything special with coding but the same tactic results in white space between images for me.

Roo

Does anyone know how to avoid spaces being inserted between vertically stacked images in a row? The Dunkirk and Suits OTs are good examples. They don't seem to have done anything special with coding but the same tactic results in white space between images for me.
Post the images without any space between the IMG brackets.
Like this:

Post the images without any space between the IMG brackets.
Like this:

This prevents a white space between two images that are horizontally next to each other, but doesn't do anything for an image that sits on top of another.

Hell I even tried copying and pasting the Dunkirk/Suits bbcode and it actually inserts spaces where they don't exist in their respective OTs!

Roo

This prevents a white space between two images that are horizontally next to each other, but doesn't do anything for an image that sits on top of another.

Hell I even tried copying and pasting the Dunkirk/Suits bbcode and it actually inserts spaces where they don't exist in their respective OTs!

The space you see is only for preview purposes, so you see where every pic is but once you actually hit reply they'll appear as a single image, like these two:

NM6IMh6.png

rV6FXKe.png

Try searching the thread for Starcraft.
You can do that? I can't seem to find that option when searching. Only to search by forum.

Oh well I'll keep looking then.
Spoiler alert:

Nothing on the past two pages back to the last update and nothing in the two posts on page 1. You all good my brotha
Oh thanks a bunch man! I really appreciate it!
EDIT: Well, I guess I'll try this out!

StarCraft: Remastered by AlexFlame116 (August 7th, 2017)

Now to find a good template for OTs...

Actually do Remasters count?

Cornbread78

StarCraft: Remastered by AlexFlame116 (August 7th, 2017)

Now to find a good template for OTs...

Actually do Remasters count?

Yes, remasters are "new" releases and follow the same rules as all new games.

In regards to a template, it's really wide open and up to the individual in regards to content and style:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1395189
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1336931
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1353649
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1357400

jonno394

Threw together another quick OT in the past few hours for an old indie title getting a new release, this time Ironcast. Another title that's been elsewhere for an age but that I think could see renewed interest on all platforms with buzz from the Nintendo Switch release, will post sometime after it goes live on eShop.

Madden NFL '18 by The Albatross (August 10, 2017)

(Madden is released on EA Access on August 18, 2017, and then the special edition releases August 22, 2017, and then the normal non-special, non-EA Access is August 25, 2017. As in the last few years, I'll time the OT for August 17, 2017, the day before EA Access)

Cornbread78

Apologies if this was answered before but this thread is already 100 pages long :(

Is it acceptable to make an OT on your own game? Or is that considered too self-promotional and iffy?

(It's regarding this btw: Piczle Lines DX for Switch)

I would say mods would strongly frown upon that because of that very reason. I would find someone in the community to make it for you and I'm sure they would appreciate getting some help with assets, but that's it.

I would message a mod for further clarification on the "self-promotion" rule.

I would say mods would strongly frown upon that because of that very reason. I would find someone in the community to make it for you and I'm sure they would appreciate getting some help with assets, but that's it.

I would message a mod for further clarification on the "self-promotion" rule.

That sounds totally understandable. I thought I'd check anyway.

If anyone wants to do one, I'll certainly help with graphical assets and info!

jonno394

Apologies if this was answered before but this thread is already 100 pages long :(

Is it acceptable to make an OT on your own game? Or is that considered too self-promotional and iffy?

(It's regarding this btw: Piczle Lines DX for Switch)

Hey,I've started doing some simple-ish image based OTs for indie games and i'm certain I can do one for this. Seems like there's plenty of usable assets floating around already so I should be ok with it! The game has been on my watchlist for a while anyway so I may well have just done one with 24 hours to spare before launch even if you didn't post in here :p

I have a free game somewhat like Piczle Lines on my phone (slightly different as your lines have set lengths in this game, the one on my phone doesn't), and I love it, so i'll likely grab this as long as the price is right.

Previous Threads just FYI

Mighty Gunvolt Burst OT
Slime-san OT
Ironcast OT

Am I allowed to modify the OT with different images for the "Info" and "Reviews" and stuff? I lost the original finished images that I was going to use for the StarCraft OT but I have other versions of them that I can put for tomorrow since the game comes out this week.
Yes, remasters are "new" releases and follow the same rules as all new games.

In regards to a template, it's really wide open and up to the individual in regards to content and style:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1395189
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1336931
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1353649
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1357400

Thank you very much for these! Sorry I never sent a reply to your post but these did help a lot!

Cornbread78

Am I allowed to modify the OT with different images for the "Info" and "Reviews" and stuff? I lost the original finished images that I was going to use for the StarCraft OT but I have other versions of them that I can put for tomorrow since the game comes out this week.

_______
Thank you very much for these! Sorry I never sent a reply to your post but these did help a lot!

No problem brotha.

It's an open canvas, so you can use what ever images and format you want. Just make it clean and easy to read. Ultimately, once a few pages go by, nobody looks at the OT anymore unless you specifically add an ongoing "updates/patch" section, lol.

TheMoon

No problem brotha.

It's an open canvas, so you can use what ever images and format you want. Just make it clean and easy to read. Ultimately, once a few pages go by, nobody looks at the OT anymore unless you specifically add an ongoing "updates/patch" section, lol.

I wish :D

I have a reputation for yelling at people to look at the damn thing over and over :p

So what's the stance on OT port threads? I asked earlier about Undertale because I wanted to make the thread about it and I was just told to notify a mod so that they could update the original OT thread for the PC version.

But it would be nice to have a separate thread for the PS4 and PS Vita versions since many of the people who are playing those versions will be playing for the first time.
Yay my OT thread was mentioned!

Everything's coming up AlexFlame116!

Cornbread78

So what's the stance on OT port threads? I asked earlier about Undertale because I wanted to make the thread about it and I was just told to notify a mod so that they could update the original OT thread for the PC version.

But it would be nice to have a separate thread for the PS4 and PS Vita versions since many of the people who are playing those versions will be playing for the first time.

Yay my OT thread was mentioned!

Everything's coming up AlexFlame116!

New game release, new OT thread is pretty much the standard..

PS4/Vita would be the same thread since it's the exact same game and it is releasing at the same time.

I'll send you a PM on Undertale in a minute.

TheMoon

yea, new release after a long wait since the original -> new thread. especially for high profile stuff like this (and spoiler-potential-heavy games like this).

the only reason to not make a new proper OT is if the previous version came out like just a few months earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom