• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 graphics downgraded since e3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKayle

Banned
everyday i come here :D and titanfall dosnt need hype...and if theres is build up by the industry.....forza have downgraded graphics...ryse dosnt feel nextgen....KI isnt the same game anymore..etc etc

this start to be ridiculous

meanwhile knack...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
everyday i come here :D and titanfall dosnt need hype...and if theres is build up by the industry.....forza have downgraded graphics...ryse dosnt feel nextgen....KI isnt the same game anymore..etc etc

meanwhile knack...

what happened to knack? was it downgraded?

meanwhile knack...

what's the punchline! what's the punchline?!

so, you are comparing a footage that is from a 480p stream up scaled to 720p and then undergoes compression when it gets on youtube. oh gaf

Bgamer90

Banned
So wait,

One video is a reupload taken from a Twitch stream, and the other video is taken straight from an E3 IGN segment... Correct?

Yet we are trying to say that the graphics got downgraded?

Wow.

Twinduct

So wait,

One video is a reupload taken from a Twitch stream, and the other video is taken straight from an E3 IGN segment... Correct?

Wow.

Not really. You see this is the issue with generalization. One person made a thread about a game at which he believes shows that motion blur has been removed between two builds of the game. Due to the sensualistic thread title white knights and warriors attached themselves to the thread. And now we've gone the same route that every thread about every game on any next gen console goes, where shit is being flung by drive by tards.

So no, there is no 'we'. There is one guy. The rest just showed up to fight.

Dabanton

Using Youtube or any other compressed feed for actually judging graphics is a bit weird.

Even Youtube '1080p' is shoddy as hell.

I want more direct feed large downloads from your sites please devs.

So wait,

Wow.

/Console launch gamers IQ dropping like there is no tomorrow...

So wait,

Wow.

We?

The OP is pretty much the only one making the claim and only because they rushed to create a thread without checking all the facts.

sunnz

Pretty unfair and early to say such things ( especially when we don't have clear high quality videos to compare)

Downgraded or not, I am sure it will still look great.

so, you are comparing a footage that is from a 480p stream up scaled to 720p and then undergoes compression when it gets on youtube. oh gaf

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

Adry9

thanks to ypo for pointing this out

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

If you watch this IGN video, you will notice very high quality motion blur on the sides. It looks beautiful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_NySJyi2pw

Gameplay from PAX has no motion blur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBM8-clQptc

Hope this an early build. That motion blur in the e3 video looks epic!

Watch the right side of the car, in the E3 pic you can see carbon fiber and it's more detailed, whilst in the second pic it's just plain.

Bgamer90

Banned
Not really. You see this is the issue with generalization. One person made a thread about a game at which he believes shows that motion blur has been removed between two builds of the game. Due to the sensualistic thread title white knights and warriors attached themselves to the thread. And now we've gone the same route that every thread about every game on any next gen console goes, where shit is being flung by drive by tards.

So no, there is no 'we'. There is one guy. The rest just showed up to fight.

We?

The OP is pretty much the only one making the claim and only because they rushed to create a thread without checking all the facts.

I honestly didn't meant that for everyone in the thread. It was directed to the OP.

ss_lemonade

Don't know if it was downgraded but 4 things I didn't like when I tried the game were the bad environment textures in the Laguna Seca track, the low framerate dashboard reflections, ugly mirrors and tearing

bj00rn_

Banned
Wow that mountainside in that pic looks terrible, as do the trees on the side. Is this from Forza 4?

Looks like Forza 3 to me, but I don't know.. Forza 3 was very uneven graphically. Two or three tracks was amazing with everything looking great with matching lighting and all, but then a bunch of tracks was just ok, and then to or three tracks looked so goddamn awful I almost couldn't believe it was made by the same company..

Edit: Ok, so Forza 4 looks the same as 3 then (didn't buy Forza 4, was busy with other things at the time)..

shinnn

Watch the right side of the car, in the E3 pic you can see carbon fiber and it's more detailed, whilst in the second pic it's just plain.

watch the video in HD. its the same.

holy shit. How can this thread surpass 2 pages. GAF is in a downhill indeed.

McLovin

wow its definitely noticeable. Its probably lack of polish on that stage. Textures and aliasing are last gen in that second video.
edit - never mind lol

Twinduct

I honestly didn't meant that for everyone in the thread. It was directed to the OP.

Fair enough. People tend to label a majority by the voices of a minority and it's just getting on my tits. I just really hate the current way every thread is going so sorry for also assuming.

evolution

This shouldn't have been a launch title. Forza horizon should have been a launch title and this game given more time with final hardware. Its usually never a good idea to have established franchises trying to make launch. Too many compromises must be made. T10 will probably get another shot to show what they can do before GT7 hits at least. If they don't PD will once again show us what next gen racers should look like. The graphics look fine now, but obviously we know they could be better.

BibiMaghoo

Not the best person to judge such things, but it looks to me the only difference is shadows inside the vehicle, and this is easily explained by being on a different track, in a different position relative to the sun...

Am I missing anything?

That lack of AA on the showroom (through all of the game really) wasnt there on e3 as well.

Seems very dumbed down from what we saw.

It doesnt look next gen at al, looks awfulll, Driveclub looks miles better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom