• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG and DMC cry: The god of GODHAND.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Vyse The Legend said:
That's awesome, but what does this man's skill playing God Hand have to do with DMC or NG? :lol

Their small penis sizes just can't compare.

After playing God Hand, due to many gamers saying how awesome it is, I thought it purely sucked. The game was a horrible mess. Definitely one of Capcom's worst games. Chaos Legion was more enjoyable.

Better then any fatality i have seen.

Rottweiler said:
After playing God Hand, due to many gamers saying how awesome it is, I thought it purely sucked. The game was a horrible mess. Definitely one of Capcom's worst games. Chaos Legion was more enjoyable.

chaos legion is the least of the horrors that i am wishing on you right now.

sp0rsk said:
Their small penis sizes just can't compare.

Fair enough, then. :D

This is a bannable offense, or it should be.

Dahbomb

I beat Godhand on Hard mode, though I did it with God Reels and Godhand (no cheesy exploits though). I still don't see this being superior "skill wise" to either game but it's a solid 3rd place to those games. The other games have far more options at your disposals making them more balanced games where as with Godhand you can rely on a few strategies to get you through the entire game. In fact Godhand is only difficult on Hard mode in the first mission, after you get the more powerful moves it gets a lot easier. It is still however on par with DMD and MNM.

And I have beaten all those challenges as well, that guy is a skilled player to keep up that consistency for such a long time. Again, this does not make the game or it's players better than other games or other players. This particular challenge I beat with the TK exploit and just using YMK 2 times when he dizzies to fill up the Godhand and pummel. This guy on the other hand perfectly dodges every single move to the point where the pattern has become second nature to him. I think most people can accomplish this if they concentrate a lot on just one particular boss fight. The real divider in this game in terms of skill comes from how players are able to handle crowd situations.

nofi

Vyse The Legend said:
Que? God Hand isn't a fighter. It's an action game.

Oh. Shows how much attention I was paying. It was one guy fighting another for the minute I watched, with loads of 'uh' and 'ah' and slappy sounds.

Give me blue skies and racing cars anyday, sorry.

Dahbomb said:
I beat Godhand on Hard mode, though I did it with God Reels and Godhand (no cheesy exploits though). I still don't see this being superior "skill wise" to either game but it's a solid 3rd place to those games. The other games have far more options at your disposals making them more balanced games where as with Godhand you can rely on a few strategies to get you through the entire game. In fact Godhand is only difficult on Hard mode in the first mission, after you get the more powerful moves it gets a lot easier. It is still however on par with DMD and MNM.

And I have beaten all those challenges as well, that guy is a skilled player to keep up that consistency for such a long time. Again, this does not make the game or it's players better than other games or other players.

Quoted for some truth.

I also consider that high-kick-cancelling wall-infinite to be an exploit.
Still a cool video, though. Dude has skill.

I cant believe how many non-believers there are.

The only bad aspect of God Hand is that there will never be a sequel, but that is hardly a fault because a sequel would have little to improve on and the game is so good that it can be played forever and never be tiring at all.

It is one of the few games I will never get tired of, ive played it countless times on both my copies.

the last bits of the video were amazing, the way this guy set up the final hit was just so perfect.

NeonBlade said:
It sad people don't understand the level of skill needed in that video.

it is hard to get why its so amazing if you dont know the mechanics of the game, but the guy playing is amazing, he only seemed to get sloppy near the end, but the rest of the time he was perfect.

Dahbomb

Gary Whitta said:
Holy shit, I don't think I've ever seen an end boss with more HP than that.
It's not an end boss, it's an optional battle. In fact it's the hardest challenge against yourself when you acquire the double Godhand/Devilhand making you near god-like. You are fighting yourself so it's like a "dream match". Nothing in the game comes even close.

Kyoufu

Rottweiler said:

I hope you give up gaming and pick up knitting as a hobby.

Reilly

Best action game on the PS2 and perhaps of all-time.

That fact it retailed for $30 was amazing enough.

nofi said:
I was bored. And reminded why I don't play fighters.

this made me lol

Dude has serious skill with that right stick evade. And it encapsulates why I enjoy God Hand more than DMC and NG, enemy aggressiveness plus the focus on the awesome evasion system make the fights just pure unadulterated fun.

Game of the Forever.

wow just wow I haven't even finished it on Die mode
Capsule Computer said:
Quoted for some truth.

I also consider that high-kick-cancelling wall-infinite to be an exploit.
Still a cool video, though. Dude has skill.
It's not an exploit or an infinite, he can only hit him up to a certain number of times, three I think.

Dahbomb

Linkzg said:
I cant believe how many non-believers there are.

The only bad aspect of God Hand is that there will never be a sequel, but that is hardly a fault because a sequel would have little to improve on and the game is so good that it can be played forever and never be tiring at all.
There are numerous ways to improve and expand upon Godhand.

*Juggling system is rudimentary at best, needs major overhaul.

*Incorporation of more states of enemies during attacks and properties. More types of stuns, bounces, launchers, knockbacks etc.

*Enemy design, level design and general art of the game needs major overhaul. Most of it is quite atrocious.

*Fixing of all the lame exploits that cheapen the game.

*Tank controls are lame, game of this caliber needs far more freedom in movements. It's why NG/DMC will always be superior to it. If they do plan to keep the tank controls at least god damn give the option to use the D-pad.

*Incorporation of more move inputs so that you are able to store more moves.

*Trimming down the fact. There are a lot of vanilla moves and God Reels that normally have a superior version.

*Personally having the Right analog stick as evade which is a major portion of the game gives some problems in terms of cancelling to and fro moves. I don't really have a way to fix this aside from having a dodge button you hold down (holding down just makes you weave, pressing left or right or back/forward to dodge in the direction).

*Needs enhanced God Reel effects that get bonus properties/power when you use them in conjunction with the Godhand.

No game is perfect especially not Godhand. I didn't even touch upon the numerous technical problems with the game like clipping.

Router said:
Hardest setting on Godhand = Easy setting on NG.
Not at all true. Hardest setting on Godhand can easily give MNM a run for it's money especially early on.

Vlad

Linkzg said:
it is hard to get why its so amazing if you dont know the mechanics of the game, but the guy playing is amazing, he only seemed to get sloppy near the end, but the rest of the time he was perfect.

To be fair, most games are like that. A lot of "high level" videos tend to be a little "so what?" when you haven't played the game.

So to someone who hasn't played God Hand (such as myself), that video doesn't look particularly impressive. Not to say it doesn't take skill within the confines of the game or anything, but I don't think anybody who wasn't familiar with the game would guess that the player was doing anything impressive if they weren't told as much.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
you should watch videos of some of the boss battles. one sporsk posted a long time ago in the god hand thread convinced me to snag the game.

Linkzg said:
Xplay gave it a 4/5
Greg Kasavin from Gamespot gave it an 8/10
Andrew Fitch from EGM gave it an 8/10

those are the only real reviews of the game unless im forgetting one.

Really? Well then i am wrong hehe. Still this game does not benefit from reviews, simply because its hard to translate how amazing it is.

I have to get myself a copy of Godhand over vacation. I have so much to do and play to begin with, but...Mikami Support Force I am.

Man, the gameplay mechanics look pretty terrible in that video.

Maybe I'll give it a rent someday and find out, but that wasn't terribly compelling.

Mrbob

Looks pretty cool, but I see the same canned combo over and over. The ending combo was badass.

Dear sp0rkssssssssssssssss Unban me please.

Best regards, Doom Bringer

Gotta love the comments section! :lol

Top Bottom