• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too human may miss 2007

Fresh from GDC, there are two news updates regarding Too Human and Silicon Knights today. First up is a quick video interview with Denis Dyack done by Gamespot. In this interview, Denis gives a little bit of info about all three games Silicon Knights has (or is about to have) in development. We all know about Too Human and the as of yet unnamed Sega project, but the third unannounced game is open to much speculation. Pay particular attention to Denis's comments about the time SK believes a game should be shown.

And after paying attention to those comments, also take a look at the comments from MGS's Shane Kim regarding the status of Too Human.
On Too Human
When asked about the status of Too Human, Kim would not confirm a release date — or release year. Kim's comments lean toward a potentially bigger delay to Too Human than expected.

"The game is coming along," Kim said. "It's coming along. We recently saw it. We'll have more to show on it soon. We did it an injustice last year at E3. We showed it too early. Some games take longer than others to develop, and since we have so many great games coming already, it's OK for some to develop slower than others. We already have a lot of games this year."

http://toohuman.net/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=1

OatmealMu

Everyone to the escape pods!

shockedjv6.jpg

Atreides

Really, I think that in Silicons Knigths they are unable to finish games without big delays. I'm starting to think that their other proyects will have to be delayed for the next generation, and I mean for the generation that will come after PS3, X360 and Wii. :lol

Sean

Banned
CrushDance said:
Obviously, or else the thing would get drowned out in Halo.(I'm talking from MS point of view).

Yup. It'd be stupid to try and launch a new IP at the same time as Halo (and GTA).

Too Human would make more of a splash in spring or summer 2008.

Brannon

SHOCKING AS F*CK.

This will give them plenty of time to insert various lead pipes for head cracking. A Too Human game without lead pipes is no Too Human game at all.

Quagm1r3

I'm not surprised at all. I think the latest video was from last E3. Since then I guess they've been...writing blogs? :lol

Pachinko

It'll be next springs game. This year was crackdown and next year will be Too human.

The question I wonder is if they game is still set to be a trilogy.. or if they'll just push it into 1 or 2 parts.

Mifune

Mehmber
There's absolutely nothing in the body of the interview that would lead you to believe the game is being delayed until next year. Doug is a fool.

legend166

If it's a trilogy we'll be playing the final installment on our MicroSonyTendo holo-decks.

Edit: I think the "We already have great games this year" comment points to something,

Mifune

Mehmber
legend166 said:
If it's a trilogy we'll be playing the final installment on our MicroSonyTendo holo-decks.

Edit: I think the "We already have great games this year" comment points to something,

"Already" as in what has been released to date. Too Human was supposed to come out last fall. He's talking about that delay.

Silicon Knights wouldn't be showing off the game in a couple weeks if it wasn't coming out for another year.

Drensch

And now I think we know why Nintendo cut them loose. It wasn't some "Nintendo wants to make smaller less epic games" horseshit. It was the fact that they spend a bunch of money and produce nothing.

Akira

2012. That's when the final game of the trilogy will be released (on the next-gen Xbox). I wonder how much money this project is eating up.

GhaleonEB

Mifune said:
"Already" as in what has been released to date. Too Human was supposed to come out last fall. He's talking about that delay.

Silicon Knights wouldn't be showing off the game in a couple weeks if it wasn't coming out for another year.
I think this is right on. I don't think they'd show the game now if it's pushed to 2008.

Dyack in 2010: "After years of harnessing the power of Xbox 360 we have finally achieved our true vision of the Too Human Trilogy as a 2D shooter, now available on Live Arcade for 800 points."

miyuru

Was Twin Snakes the last game SK released?

If you ask me, the whole Too Human fiasco is ridiculous. Your game can only become so popular and lucrative. Compare SK to other dev. studios that pump out very successful games, at least once a year or so (none come immediately to mind, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

mr_nothin

Banned
miyuru said:
Was Twin Snakes the last game SK released?

If you ask me, the whole Too Human fiasco is ridiculous. Your game can only become so popular and lucrative. Compare SK to other dev. studios that pump out very successful games, at least once a year or so (none come immediately to mind, but I'm sure you know what I mean).
INSOMNIAC

Drensch

If you ask me, the whole Too Human fiasco is ridiculous. Your game can only become so popular and lucrative.

I think, if you have sales, you can release a small amount of games and be successful.

i.e. Blizzard, Valve, Nintendo (kinda-although you have lots of games there), Id. Silicon Knights, arguably has only had one quasi successful (sales) game. When you have a long development cycle you have to have a megahit. Id and Valve arguably have engine cash, not to mention sales success. Nintendo is Nintendo. Blizzard has monthly revenue streams and sales cash. SK relies on a sugar daddy. One Sugar Daddy dumped them, will Microsoft? Tim Schaefer got cut loose for a far less investment.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
BrodiemanTTR said:
More like Christmas 1999.

I think I remember it from as far back as 1997.

Either way, my favorite looking of all the Too Human games was the GAMECUBE's Ninja with that fat guy.

Maybe there will be an Eternal Darkness 2 on the Wii? :lol

I barely even remeber wtf this games is about and I'm not even certain what console it was originally set for. N64, GC? Shit's the Duke Nukem Forever of console gaming! :lol

Snaku said:

That's what most casuals are doing when they see the price of his system at Wal Mart :p.

Too bad about the possible delay. Looking forward to seeing a more final version of the game soon.

Top Bottom