• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

stabwound

Neo Member
I also got a beta invite, finally. I filled out the form so long ago that I totally forgot about it, and then out of the blue got an email. Woo!

Zomba13

Got a score of 2733. Running at 1080p Which is bigger than my monitors native res. Ran as smooth as butter and looked fantastic. Cannot wait for this.

hitsugi

got somewhere around 2300 at 1080p. seemed to handle most areas fine, but I suppose an upgrade will be in the future. anyone posting specs? currently running an e8400 at 3 ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and a GTX 260 core 216 with a small overclock.

guessing I could push the e8400 to 3.8 stable and maybe up the GPU a bit.. will try that tomorrow and post results.

LaneDS

Scored a smidge over 3k and am completely satisfied with the performance. Alpha made me concerned the game would follow in XI's footsteps of never quite taking advantage of good PC hardware, this benchmark has removed that worry quite easily.

benchmark crashes when i click start halp D:

I bought this laptop for this game.

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU Type Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz)
Screen 16"
Memory Size 4GB DDR3
Hard Disk 320GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
Video Memory 1GB DDR3 VRAM

Jasconius

Salaadin said:
Can I run that benchmark if I have an ATI card?
Yep. Did the lower-res one...
ffxivbench.png

JADS

hitsugi said:
I knew scores would near 5k which means my 2400 probably won't cut it at high res. Mind posting your specs?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bits, Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.4 Ghz, 4 GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5850.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Teknoman said:
wtf S-E said 3 minutes. That was not 3 minutes.

I think was a small part of the trailer.

Anyway looks amazing, and the dragon...

DaBuddaDa

So uh...what do these numbers mean? I got ~2500 in 1080p, although my monitor is only 720p. What would that translate to in average FPS? It seemed pretty smooth, probably close to 50+ fps for 99% of it.

Kronotech

Looking really good. I wish they would have shown a little more in-game footage. I'm finally interested in something other than DD. Woot!

LaneDS

carlo6529 said:
I don't remember/know how the battle system was in the alpha so I don't really have much to compare it to.

You have an action bar that fills up, and once it's full you can attack once. It's slow and boring (and also a placeholder) and the new system looks far improved.

Teknoman said:
So basically, more stamina = higher attack? Or you can just attack until your stamina depletes?

Seems like the first option. Actions take various amounts of stamina, and your stamina gauge slowly replenishes as you use expend it.

Londa

Banned
I lowered my graphic card settings before running the benchmark. Would it score lower because of this? Should I change my setting back to normal before running the benchmark?

LaneDS

Londa said:
I lowered my graphic card settings before running the benchmark. Would I score lower because of this? Should I change my setting back to normal before running the benchmark?

The benchmark has no graphic settings outside resolution, which is kind of the point. Using the default setting, you'll be able to get a numeric value that can be compared against some scale S-E will have (or other users) to get an idea of how well your machine runs it.

Teknoman

Nevermind, updated my catalyst drivers to the most recent version, restarted my computer and:

24320ra.png

Low Res test.

Was awesome, the benchmark hovered between 36fps and 48-50fps at points. Always looked smooth.

Kinan

Teknoman said:
Wow...

My PC cant suck that much right?

Heh, and I thought my score would be the lowest in this thread.
here is my "low-res" test:

262w034.jpg

You computer actually should be a bit faster than mine...

Teknoman

Yeah Kinan, I just had to install the latest drivers and restart. PC was probably still bogged down from all the downloading, streaming, and random other things since E3 this morning. Did a disk clean up as well.

Going to give high res test a shot now.

Arzehn

New battle system looks great, although I think that all the skills should use a bit more action gauge, might make combat more tactical, and less spamming of moves. Of course I'll have to give it a go myself first. :D

Kinan

Teknoman said:
Yeah Kinan, I just had to install the latest drivers and restart. PC was probably still bogged down from all the downloading, streaming, and random other things since E3 this morning. Did a disk clean up as well.

Going to give high res test a shot now.

Nice. :=) Your load time is still pretty high though.

Top Bottom