• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

skulpt

neojubei said:
I feel something bad is going to happen or be announced. Too much good Sony news came out this week so there must be a huge backlash coming soon.

Yeah, no joke. Like they are going to sell GG like MS did Ensemble and drop the PS3 and repackage the PS2 with a motion controller. LOL

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm curious

how can one not be impressed with Killzone 2?, in all serious now, i consider my self a critic in most things in life, especially gaming, since im a hardcore gamer at heart. Im not a fanboy by any means and i say it how it is, i judge a game on pacing, immersion, sound effects and polish, graphics is just a bonus to me. the point im trying to get to here is Killzone 2 nails the fundamentals down perfectly, despite having some over the top voice acting it is a almost perfect package an amazing accomplishment in every sense of the word. Am i missing something here?, maybe my standards arnt as high as most people or i must not be not a gaming elitist, because what im seeing here is beyond amazing, Yet i see a bunch of people on the net that failed to be impressed.

Wouldn't it suck to be so much of a fanboy that you literally have to make pretend
a game doesn't look that good so you wont have to play it?

Makes no sense to me.

Ploid 3.0

TEH-CJ said:
I'm curious

how can one not be impressed with Killzone 2?, in all serious now, i consider my self a critic in most things in life, especially gaming, since im a hardcore gamer at heart. Im not a fanboy by any means and i say it how it is, i judge a game on pacing, immersion, sound effects and polish, graphics is just a bonus to me. the point im trying to get to here is Killzone 2 nails the fundamentals down perfectly, despite having some over the top voice acting it is a almost perfect package an amazing accomplishment in every sense of the word. Am i missing something here?, maybe my standards arnt as high as most people or i must not be not a gaming elitist, because what im seeing here is beyond amazing, Yet i see a bunch of people on the net that failed to be impressed.

These days games are judged against real life.

skulpt

TEH-CJ said:
I'm curious

I honestly think it comes down to people with HUGE fat egos that wrote this game off in public months ago that aren't big enough to admit when something is this good. There are a LOT of journalists that think they are God that will always stand by what they said earlier to make themselves look like they are right.

Word to these journalists... You were wrong little guy. Dead wrong. Now grow up and do the right thing. ;)

kevm3

The Precomplaint list for reviewers:
*Where is the grain??
*Mohawk? Where art thou??
*lolz look like someone poured minute maid orange juice all over this game

Andvary

jett said:
jh57ko.jpg

33eou8y.jpg

I love these pics, so freaking impressive.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I wonder what the 1up/EGM write up will be like. I wonder if they will mention the dumb A.I. piece they wrote.

If Killzone 2 can look this good I wonder what God of War 3 will look like.

GeoramA

neojubei said:
I wonder what the 1up/EGM write up will be like. I wonder if they will mention the dumb A.I. piece they wrote.
I'm sure their preview will start out with: "You know, I really want to like Killzone 2, but..."

vpance

Watched some more vids, good stuff. Only thing that bothers me is the color in Visari landing level. Some walls are green, others yellow, others blue, all in the same area, but why? All while no light source exists that would seem to cast that variety of color around. And the player seems to reflect a yellow/reddish light sometimes? It's too much. Reminds me of Punisher: War Zone style.

gantz85

Banned
GeoramA said:
I'm sure their preview will start out with: "You know, I really want to like Killzone 2, but..."

Uh no.

It's - "First, let me get this out of the way. Killzone 2 is a good game.

BUT *bash bash bash bash*

Still, it's a good game younoes *smug smirk + shrug*"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
gantz85 said:
Uh no.

It's - "First, let me get this out of the way. Killzone 2 is a good game.

BUT *bash bash bash bash*

Still, it's a good game younoes *smug smirk + shrug*"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

G-Bus

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
22hzr7.jpg

I want to play now!

Really hope we get more levels like this. Some areas are reaalllly dark and it's almost a shame because everything is so damn nice to look at.

No_Style

Rapping Granny said:
No, the 1up preview will start like " Killzone looks great and all but Halo 3 has subtle beauty to it, which why it's not a Halo killer."

Shane went to check out KZ2. Perhaps he'll be previewing it.

In before Shane is..

...a Sony fanboy.
... doesn't know FPS games.
... mangod.

skulpt

G-Bus said:
Really hope we get more levels like this. Some areas are reaalllly dark and it's almost a shame because everything is so damn nice to look at.

This totally has GOT to be a variation of one of the MP maps. PLEASE.... :)

They totally will have a map like this. It only makes sense. :)

22hzr7.jpg

vpance

G-Bus said:

Yeah that was a good level, with the wind and dust blowing around. The music in it was ace too.

After Uncharted and then Gears 2 I thought we would definitely see increases in the
graphics on consoles but small ones. I never imagined we would get this kind of leap.

skulpt

Man, Sony should buy the rights to a Star Wars: Battlefront and recreate Star Wars epic-ness. The lighting, smoke, atmosphere would be amazing for a Star Wars game.

Nafai1123

Banned
dfyb said:
guys, the reviews are going to start off by comparing it to the 2k5 CG trailer.

And inevitably they will say that it doesn't match it. They will call it "one of the best looking console games to date," thus lumping it in with every other game that has come before it.

Seriously, I really hope that in just ONE of the reviews, someone has the balls to say something like, "while the game does not quite match the infamous E3 footage from a technical standpoint, it absolutely surpasses it artistically in every way conceivable." The game deserves nothing but praise for its visuals, and comparing it to an impossible standard is completely ludicrous.

RavenFox

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
After Uncharted and then Gears 2 I thought we would definitely see increases in the
graphics on consoles but small ones. I never imagined we would get this kind of leap.
Your holding back Bruce. From what was said by others. Only 4spu's and a 5month old build.
If this isnt proof that the PS3 hardware can seriously kick some ass then by god I dont know what could. I'm looking at these videos and pics and just knowing in a few days another game will up the ante. Boggles the mind. Graphics are to good just to damn good.

iceatcs

BruceLeeRoy said:
me too, the DOF filter and gun texture is absolute perfect. Never thought it will improve more further after GC.

BruceLeeRoy said:

Can't wait till the 14th to see if GoW 3 and Uncharted 2 can keep the ball rolling.

Rapping Granny said:
Where are the US site previews?

If I had to guess I would say 12 PST.

Ploid 3.0

skulpt said:
I honestly think it comes down to people with HUGE fat egos that wrote this game off in public months ago that aren't big enough to admit when something is this good. There are a LOT of journalists that think they are God that will always stand by what they said earlier to make themselves look like they are right.

Word to these journalists... You were wrong little guy. Dead wrong. Now grow up and do the right thing. ;)

Should have been a
1tuc1v.jpg
moment. Darn Ign Ego > Anton Ego.

gantz85

Banned
Nafai1123 said:
And inevitably they will say that it doesn't match it. They will call it "one of the best looking console games to date," thus lumping it in with every other game that has come before it.

Seriously, I really hope that in just ONE of the reviews, someone has the balls to say something like, "while the game does not quite match the infamous E3 footage from a technical standpoint, it absolutely surpasses it artistically in every way conceivable." The game deserves nothing but praise for its visuals, and comparing it to an impossible standard is completely ludicrous.

We'll look at GTA's 10 for graphics, and then back at the single digit-figure for KZ2, and then back again.

Come on, the industry is JUST NOT PROFESSIONAL :lol

Killzone 2 is on par to eclipse Crysis for the best engine thus far in gaming.

Seeing the E3 intro and the preview code intro..... I'm still having trouble picking my jaw up off the floor.

The textures..... f'ning brilliant.
Lighting.... f'ning amazing.
Guns, animation.... amazing.

Guerrilla games--- If you're reading these forums... my hat is tipped to you and I will be picking up KZ2 day one.

Thank YOU for putting your time, passion and effort into this, we really can't thank you enough for this gem.

SSM25

I just finished watching the gamersyde videos, and well, I'll get the bad out first:
Enemy AI seems very bad IMO, they seem more like shooting practice than an actual challenge, some of them actually come out of cover to be shot at.....but I have hope this will be fixed or something. Also, that can't be the final voicework right?, it was tons better a year ago....WTF happened??

Everything else seems to be waaay ahead of everything released on any console so far, the lightning, textures, graphics, the feel and sounds of the weapons, all top quality!!. I hope everything goes well for guerrilla and everybody involved with this game, I admire the hard work and the will to create something that's a step aforward technically.

of course, thanks to blim, TTP and everyone for the videos!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom