• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Less than 24 hours from opening day

C8JWTdkVwAIM2F3.jpg

also, I want to know how many of ya'll have closets full of guilt condiments that you don't want anyone to know about? Line probably keeps 12 varieties of ketchup hidden away where no one can see.

Keep sleeping on the Yankees. The farm system is reloaded, and we're getting interesting - just in time to sign Bryce Harper or Manny Machado and friends. The dynasty is coming soon.

Also, BBQ SAUCE IS THE ULTIMATE CONDIMENT.

Let's go Yankees!

this is our year!!

/past 5 seasons

dodger stadium games without vin is gonna be fuckin weird :(

No Vin. No Nancy Bea. Poor Tommy heading to the big blue gates in the sky one of these days... different world.

Looking forward to the Padres being the worst team in either league. 100 losses or bust.

That's the spirit! If only those f'ers would bring back the brown. Well, at least the stadium and the beers therein are nice.

Less than 24 hours from opening day

C8JWTdkVwAIM2F3.jpg

also, I want to know how many of ya'll have closets full of guilt condiments that you don't want anyone to know about? Line probably keeps 12 varieties of ketchup hidden away where no one can see.

I display my ketchup proudly.

U2NUMB

Its that one time of the year where my Twins are above 500.. I will enjoy it and then begin the countdown to 100 losses again.

BigAT

I'm more excited for the Yankees this year than I have been in quite a while. They will have more young, homegrown talent on the roster than at any time since arguably the 90s and there is a good chance that more will be brought up as the season goes on. Should be an exciting season.

Let's do this.

giphy.gif

clav

I'm more excited for the Yankees this year than I have been in quite a while. They will have more young, homegrown talent on the roster than at any time since arguably the 90s and there is a good chance that more will be brought up as the season goes on. Should be an exciting season.

Some question marks about the starting pitching rotation though.

Seems like the case for every season.

Probably will make some trades to buy out some trendy hot start pitcher.

I haven't been this hyped for baseball in a long, long time. Maybe that's because the Braves have a chance of not being terrible this year. GO BRAVES!

Caja 117

Let's do this.

giphy.gif

Lets do this! Im a bit worried about the Pitching rotation tough.

BigAT

Some question marks about the starting pitching rotation though.

Seems like the case for every season.

Probably will make some trades to buy out some trendy hot start pitcher.

Lets do this! Im a bit worried about the Pitching rotation tough.

Yup, definitely a legit concern and the biggest question mark, by far. My point was more that I'm really excited to watch the team this year, even if they don't necessarily make the playoffs.

Caja 117

Yup, definitely a legit concern and the biggest question mark, by far. My point was more that I'm really excited to watch the team this year, even if they don't necessarily make the playoffs.

Yup. We can all agree that Yankees baseball got very exciting at the end of last season.

3N16MA

Banned

Feels like a fresh start with some of those old bloated players/contracts falling off the books and the youth movement taking place. If only Ellsbury would do everyone a favour and retire.

clav

Feels like a fresh start with some of those old bloated players/contracts falling off the books and the youth movement taking place. If only Ellsbury would do everyone a favour and retire.

Asking the top 2% to retire?

:lol

That'll be Diamond Dave and the Red Sox.

"There's no way Dave will trade away golden prospects for a pitcher."

Is what I said before he traded Espinoza for Pomeranz

"There's no way Dave will trade away more golden prospects for another pitcher."

Is what I said before he traded Moncada and Kopech for Sale.

At this point, its inevitable that he deals for Quintana, especially when all the starters are dying before the season starts.

I'm not inherently opposed to trading "can't miss" prospects for win-now contributors...IF YOU WIN NOW. Getting swept in the ALDS is not good enough for the amount of investment the team's making now.

As a Dodgers fan I have this uneasy feeling this season is going to be underwhelming. I'm thinking 2nd place NL West finish and NLDS elimination.

I'm thinking of picking up the MLB.tv season package. For any of you guys that use it is it worth the $100? Video quality okay?

BFIB

As a Dodgers fan I have this uneasy feeling this season is going to be underwhelming. I'm thinking 2nd place NL West finish and NLDS elimination.

I'm thinking of picking up the MLB.tv season package. For any of you guys that use it is it worth the $100? Video quality okay?
You have t mobile? If so you'll get it free on April 4th

IN.

9081753075_56dd39a8f0_o.gif

Let's go Orioles. Can't wait for another season of being dong kings combined with the worst outfield defense in the league and bad pitching.

Chris Davis about to bounce back cos it's an odd-numbered season. 70 HRs confirmed.

Beckx

Pirates "think" they might be able to get Jung Ho Kang a visa. No details

It would be nice if they would "think" about maybe getting him some counseling too? But nah.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi named Aaron Judge the club's starting right fielder.
There were hints that the Yankees might send Judge back to the minor leagues for more seasoning, but Girardi officially backed the 24-year-old on Thursday as he announced the club's final roster decisions. While far from a completer hitter, Judge should be able to post big power numbers this season for New York -- and thus carries deep-league fantasy intrigue. Aaron Hicks will open the year as a kind of utility outfielder.

Judge, jury, executioner.

My probably very wrong predictions for the season!

AL

East - Red Sox
Central - Cleveland
West - Seattle
Wild Card - Toronto, Texas

NL

East - Washington
Central - Cubs
West - Dodgers
Wild Card - Mets, Giants

Choomp

Banned
Ken Rosenthal 2017 award predictions: http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/galler...de-rumors-fired-comeback-ken-rosenthal-033017

MVP:
AL - Francisco Lindor
NL - Bryce Harper

Cy:
AL - Jose Quintana (he also predicts he gets traded to the Astros at some point)
NL - Clayton Kershaw

Manager of the Year
NL - DBacks Torey Lovullo
AL - Stros AJ Hinch

ROY
NL - Josh Bell
AL - Andrew Benintendi

Comeback Player of the Year
NL - Kyle Schwarber
AL - Pablo Sandoval

Executive of the Year:
Jeff Luhnow of the Astros

Biggest name traded at the deadline:
Zach Britton(he also expects Quintana, McCutchen, Braun, and possibly Hosmer to be moved too)

IN.

9081753075_56dd39a8f0_o.gif

Let's go Orioles. Can't wait for another season of being dong kings combined with the worst outfield defense in the league and bad pitching.

Chris Davis about to bounce back cos it's an odd-numbered season. 70 HRs confirmed.

Can't wait until Machado is donning a Yanqui uniform. A Rod is gonna seal the deal.

Pirates "think" they might be able to get Jung Ho Kang a visa. No details

It would be nice if they would "think" about maybe getting him some counseling too? But nah.
He needs to think about trying to not spend half his adult life in jail at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom