• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Riposte

Sets can be changed and equipped at any moment by accessing the character's menu.

Jeez, I don't like this. Pretty convinced I don't like the skill system at all. The tiered skills should at least take multiple slots to balance them and not just let them be a pure grindy stat upgrade.

masterkajo

Thanks, Dusk Golem!!
I guess, my coop partner and I will decide once we get the game. In any case, I do have you list saved on my desktop now so the option is there. Thanks for that!

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Don't think that's it because RE2 was on PC wasn't it? I think it's more to do with disc size perhaps? Afaik the publisher has to pay extra money to MS for each disc or so I heard...I may be completely wrong though.

They need to get at least sd versions of RE through RE3 available like the dreamcast versions available to us. The psone resolution is rough.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
These RE lightgun games are kinda difficult... I can't even beat the first scorpion boss. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but he kills me every time.

Kind of a bummer. 10 mins in and stuck. lol.

The regular enemies are easy but this boss is a douche.

I'm in such a RE whore mood. I'm browsing Amazon and ebay for random RE shit.

Same here, I am forum hopping reading other peoples impressions. I am out of town so I have Revelations with me, been playing that. I was replaying RE5. Few games still get me excited for a release, its basically Zelda, Metal Gear and Resident Evil.

Same here, I am forum hopping reading other peoples impressions. I am out of town so I have Revelations with me, been playing that. I was replaying RE5. Few games still get me excited for a release, its basically Zelda, Metal Gear and Resident Evil.

The frightening part is that I got paid today so... this time I might actually buy some stuff.

Usually I browse and weep, but now I'm browsing with hard earned cash in my wallet :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any impressions on Agent Hunt mode? Is the MP even playable yet? You figure it would be for reviewers.

"Someone Like You" from Adele goes along really well with RE2's opening cinematic. Yes I'm listening to that getting pumped for the Adele Skyfall theme song. Deal with it.

How is the PC version? Is it a step above the console versions as far as resolution and visuals are concerned?

re5dx92009-09-2613-00-rr4f.jpg

Not yet, and to be honest I don't know how you unlock them yet. Actually, come to think of it I don't even know what shooting blue medallions is for yet. Might be costumes? But you don't unlock costumes for beating campaigns.

I think RE.net will have Mercs unlockables. Dont forget that whole thing will be starting soon. And yeah is Agent Hunt mode working?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
These RE lightgun games are kinda difficult... I can't even beat the first scorpion boss. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but he kills me every time.

Kind of a bummer. 10 mins in and stuck. lol.

The regular enemies are easy but this boss is a douche.

Yeah they all have patterns you need to learn, but they're pretty difficult if you don't pick up on it. For the scorpion boss shoot the hell out of his tail so he can't use it, then keep shooting him in the face. Once his tail heals, shoot it again and then focus on his face. His tail has an unavoidable attack, but his pincer attack you can cancel by shooting him a lot.

Holy shit that looks amazing. I may have to double dip on the PC version of RE6.

Also I will have to build a gaming PC.

Ein Bear

So the PS3 edition isn't Move compatible?

Don't think so, no.

Is it just me though, or is there something just off when you use the Move as a pointer? RE5 and the Chronicles HD games didn't feel anywhere near as precise as RE4 and the Chronicles games on Wii.

xtianmarq

Have seen on other forums where people who preordered from the Capcom store have already started receiving their copies TODAY! Happy for them but it freakin sucks for me! If I would have known I would not have preordered at Gamestop!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Tried Chris's campaign again after my newfound appreciation of the other two. Nope, still dogshit.

I've played it 4 or 5 times now and it's still hilarious how illegible the enemy soldiers are in the first areas when they're not sniping at you from afar. Thanks to the lighting or the fucked up gamma or whatever, you can't even see what color their clothes are half the time. They look exactly like your squadmates, and since everyone is shooting at everyone else, their behavior is often indistinguishable at a glance as well.

Dusk Golem: Is Chris's campaign significantly better than the demo section or is it just garbage through and through?

Have seen on other forums where people who preordered from the Capcom store have already started receiving their copies TODAY! Happy for them but it freakin sucks for me! If I would have known I would not have preordered at Gamestop!

Street dates SUCK. All it does is punish us. Why doesnt Capcom say it would come early, I would have gotten it from them too.

Curufinwe

Don't think so, no.

Is it just me though, or is there something just off when you use the Move as a pointer? RE5 and the Chronicles HD games didn't feel anywhere near as precise as RE4 and the Chronicles games on Wii.

In and old RE thread someone had a great explanation for why the Wii pointer is more accurate than the Move.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Tried Chris's campaign again after my newfound appreciation of the other two. Nope, still dogshit.

I've played it 4 or 5 times now and it's still hilarious how illegible the enemy soldiers are in the first areas when they're not sniping at you from afar. Thanks to the lighting or the fucked up gamma or whatever, you can't even see what color their clothes are half the time. They look exactly like your squadmates, and since everyone is shooting at everyone else, their behavior is often indistinguishable at a glance as well.

Dusk Golem: Is Chris's campaign significantly better than the demo section or is it just garbage through and through?

The start of his campaign is shit and my least favorite part of the game. That's the section where both of his demos are from. But, believe it or not, the end of Chris's campaign is actually good. Chapter 3 starts it, then Chapter 4 is amazing. Chapter 5 is pretty good too. It's weird, I hate the first half of Chris's campaign but I like the second half. The story also sucks until that point, too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The start of his campaign is shit and my least favorite part of the game. That's the section where both of his demos are from. But, believe it or not, the end of Chris's campaign is actually good. Chapter 3 starts it, then Chapter 4 is amazing. Chapter 5 is pretty good too. It's weird, I hate the first half of Chris's campaign but I like the second half. The story also sucks until that point, too.

Where are the demos in general from? All early game in the respective campaigns?

Curufinwe

Just tried to cancel my Newegg pre-order and got this message.

Preorder/Backorder Cancelled

Your order cancellation request has been submitted. We will notify you by email whether your order has been successfully cancelled or not.
Note, not all orders can be cancelled online.

If they don't get back to me with confirmation in a day or two that's really shady.

Dusk Golem

Where are the demos in general from? All early game in the respective campaigns?

Dragon's Dogma Demo are all segments from the charaters first chapters.

In the public demo, Leon's segment is in his first chapter after the DD demo ends, Chris's is the beginning of his second chapter, and Jake's demo is mid-way through chapter 4 for him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dragon's Dogma Demo are all segments from the charaters first chapters.

In the public demo, Leon's segment is in his first chapter after the DD demo ends, Chris's is the beginning of his second chapter, and Jake's demo is mid-way through chapter 4 for him.

Huh...was Jake's cutscene in the newest demo from way earlier then? I noticed they changed outfits, but the way Sherry talked to him made it seem like it was early.

Dusk Golem

Huh...was Jake's cutscene in the newest demo from way earlier then? I noticed they changed outfits, but the way Sherry talked to him made it seem like it was early.

Yup, the cutscene is his campaign's opening from the very beginning of Chapter 1, they skip ahead to half-way into chapter 4.

News Bot

Banned
Kinda... stuck. Leon Chapter 5.

What the fuck is up with the rope prompts? I get to a certain point and Leon ALWAYS falls, then I climb up again, reach the same spot and he falls again. Rinse and repeat. What is this bullshit.

Dusk Golem

Surely there must be more to the opening cutscene than that? Jakes demo cutscene made it seem like stuff had happened before that.

Nope, that's where it starts. However, what happened before is explained and they do chat once out of the cutscene. We find out what Sherry and Jake have been up to as things progress.

Kinda... stuck. Leon Chapter 5.

What the fuck is up with the rope prompts? I get to a certain point and Leon ALWAYS falls, then I climb up again, reach the same spot and he falls again. Rinse and repeat. What is this bullshit.

That's the terrible QTE I was talking about. You're supposed to hold down the button I believe and alternate holding one down when it begins flashing, you have to grip, so hold one, then begin holding the other and let go to grip if I recall correctly.

News Bot

Banned
That's the terrible QTE I was talking about. You're supposed to hold down the button I believe and alternate holding one down when it begins flashing, you have to grip, so hold one, then begin holding the other and let go to grip if I recall correctly.

I figured that out, but... he keeps falling at the exact same spot.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like I was letting go of the other trigger button too soon.

Top Bottom