• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mevius Final Fantasy (iOS/And) announced: Kitase/Nojima/Itahana, console level [INFO]

Exentryk

new FF for iOS/Android made by Kitase and "numbered FF staff"

they will show info on next week's famitsu.

549006054f587wissq.jpg

It's supposedly a traditional RPG, not a remake of FF1 but something similar? A return to the roots of sorts. Kitase is producing, Nojima is writing the scenario, and the character designs are by Itahana.

Some additional details from the Sakaguchi/Kitase interview in Famitsu has been released:

- There map movement in the game will be automated, but the gameplay systems will be like a traditional FF
- He doesn't want it to feel inferior to a numbered FF game
- There will be Abilities and Jobs
- For a smartphone game, there is an unprecedented number of internal S-E developers working on this
- Many of them have worked on numbered FF games previously
- They're aiming for a smartphone game which is comparable to a console game
- The theme is "Warriors of Light"

Square Enix has filed for "MEVIUS FINAL FANTASY" trademark in Europe. Dunno if this is an iOS, handheld or console title.

Smoke thread if old.

--
UPDATE - Also filed in the US

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Final Fantasy XIII-IV: Lightning's Mevius

what the fuck is a Mevius ?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFVII REMAKE

XENOGEARS 2

FFXIII-4

It's a cigarette brand in Japan from the looks.

I don't think this has anything to do with the cigarette brand though ( people may know it better as Mild Seven ), because that would imply SE partially trademarking a brand name that belongs to another company.

Exentryk

I don't think this has anything to do with the cigarette brand though ( people may know it better as Mild Seven ), because that would imply SE partially trademarking a brand name that belongs to another company.

It's probably an alternate name for FFXV. Coz you can smoke while playing it, you know, since you just hold a button.

I'll see myself out.

ConceptX

I have zero ideas other than it "sounds" like a mobile title.

Though it could be a product of that new studio they were setting up, which was for consoles specifically...

What is with this new trend of putting things before Final Fantasy in the title.

Dunan

The Japanese "Mevius" cigarette is the new name for the venerable "Mild Seven" brand.

Seven. Believe, FF7 remake, believe.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The Japanese "Mevius" cigarette is the new name for the venerable "Mild Seven" brand.

Seven. Believe, FF7 remake, believe.

An FFVII demake featuring the good sprite work by that artist who brought us FFV and FFVI on mobile.

genjiZERO

Jesus, this fake Latin nonsense is too gimmicky. They need to think less about making baroque sounding words and more about making games.

kick51

Banned
i like the fake latin. it properly reflects the deep stories and serious faces of all the characters in the final fantasy triumverustallis. *puts hand on chest while looking down*

Velcro Fly

i always just assume mobile until I hear otherwise. That way my hopes are never up so when the disappointment hits it's easier to take.

Top Bottom