• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Congrats OdysseusVA you are the last poster in OT1. I contacted a mod to close it so you losers would stop bumping it and confusing people.

giphy.gif

DeviantBoi

MrDaravon

Just ordered a copy of this on the Gamefly sale, I played a bit around launch, only got to level 20-25 or so. What's the game looking like these days? I remember all kinds of balance issues/complaints were still happening, but this was before any paid DLC dropped. I mostly just enjoy the game as a fanboy thing and a game I can just chill with and not worry too much about taking it seriously, but I am curious what the game looks like in general right now.

Also how has the paid DLC been? I've got a friend who still plays somewhat regularly who has the season pass so I'll probably wind up grabbing the pass as well anyway, but still curious.

Just ordered a copy of this on the Gamefly sale, I played a bit around launch, only got to level 20-25 or so. What's the game looking like these days? I remember all kinds of balance issues/complaints were still happening, but this was before any paid DLC dropped. I mostly just enjoy the game as a fanboy thing and a game I can just chill with and not worry too much about taking it seriously, but I am curious what the game looks like in general right now.

Also how has the paid DLC been? I've got a friend who still plays somewhat regularly who has the season pass so I'll probably wind up grabbing the pass as well anyway, but still curious.

The patch that came with the first DLC caused all sorts of problems, but nothing that affects the gameplay.
Aside from that, the game has never been more balanced. And the DLC is very good. New maps and heroes are awesome, the new mode is very addicting to play and the new starcards are nice as well. The only thing that's a bit meh are the new weapons, they need some tweaking.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Free credits, bacta bomb challenge and apparently the first DLC is free to try for a small period of time.

Maybe there will be a surprise or two.

Also patch out on the 3rd.

If that's all the surprise is that's just crappy, what about the people who forked out for the season pass to support the game?

I deffo thought they may drop some free DLC or something but just to do bacta bomb and a try out for the DLC is a bit meh to be honest.

hope they patch it tho as it needs fixing, a great game just silly little things spoiling it at the moment, I think they need to allow grenades through shields again personaly but hey that could be just me

I actually played a bit today; I haven’t played in a while. Unlocked Mandalorian Strength seems pretty decent. However, I see team balancing is bad still or they don’t split up parties. There was a guy on the other team that camped the hero tokens all the time and got them 90% of the time. Every game he was constantly going 60-2 or something similar. Eventually my team started to get better (since people were just quitting most of the time) and we started to actually win some games.

If that's all the surprise is that's just crappy, what about the people who forked out for the season pass to support the game?

You hopefully know that creating this content takes time...

New Paid DLC comes in June for Season Pass owners.

I really dont get this complaints. Its ridiclious.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
You hopefully know that creating this content takes time...

New Paid DLC comes in June for Season Pass owners.

I really dont get this complaints. Its ridiclious.

basicly what am saying is season pass holders have paid to get the DLC now everybody is getting a free go of something that people forked a fair chunk of cash for that's all.

It seemed the Big surprise they teased for may 4th seems to be free go of the DLC for the people who haven't bought it, so what do season pass holders get on that day nowt realy, don't seem that ridiclious to me to be fair after them saying a big surprise that's all

basicly what am saying is season pass holders have paid to get the DLC now everybody is getting a free go of something that people forked a fair chunk of cash for that's all.

It seemed the Big surprise they teased for may 4th seems to be free go of the DLC for the people who haven't bought it, so what do season pass holders get on that day nowt realy, don't seem that ridiclious to me to be fair after them saying a big surprise that's all

It benefits everyone really, even the season pass holders.

6OAIwOb.gif

sdMK80w.gif

Am I missing something here? It happens with sabers, it happens with ion disruptors and pulse cannons, it happens in fucking starfighters. How is it possible that Dice has done exactly jack shit about any of this?

sZK2n3o.gif

Got to love it when the AT-AT has a grievance with you and will target you immediately on sight. Lovely.

HbEEKJ4.gif

Also, this kind of stuff, please just stop. It's the same as the dumb shit going on with the Imperial hero icon on the first set of uplinks on Jakku. It either takes a year to spawn in the downed AT-AT, at which point it's being swarmed by Rebels. Or it even manages to spawn ALL THE WAY in the Rebel spawn, what an absolute joke.

nillah

Banned
How many of you are wishing for a Battlefront campaign right about now? because I am. Dice surprisingly has a good track record with story modes so I just feel like it was a missed opportunity with something that Battlefront series hasn't seen

How many of you are wishing for a Battlefront campaign right about now? because I am. Dice surprisingly has a good track record with story modes so I just feel like it was a missed opportunity with something that Battlefront series hasn't seen

Um what

5taquitos

BFBC2, Medal of Honor has one of the best terrorist based single player campaigns, ever. Missed opportunity.

DICE couldn't write themselves out of a wet paper bag. BF3 and BF4 (their most recent games, and therefore the best indicator of quality) have two of the worst shooter campaigns I've ever played.

No way in hell do I want them anywhere near my Star Wars lore.

Really hoping they show something from the upcoming Visceral Star Wars game on E3, but I'll have my Battlefront MP focused, thank you very much.

Orcus

I wouldn't mind a real single player game, but I'd likely stick to multiplayer anyway.
Yeah, modern DICE has not shown quality campaign single player. I would rather the focus is on multi.

Besides, I distinctly remember one of the devs commenting on a post in the BF4 reveal thread, basically saying that the reason they do single player is for the marketing and for a check list against COD. He didn't state that directly, but responded to a post someone made about the graphics and feel of the single player trailer and how it blew COD away, stating something like "and that's why we do single player."

Marvel

could never
I had a quick blast on this yesterday, was a lot of fun. Going to put some time into it, just can't get over how great it all looks and sounds.

Wish I had a better TV haha

Top Bottom