• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Kiosks ....

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Do they tether the remotes to the kiosks or are there Yamauchi ninjas standing guard at each one?

GameStop in Golf Mill in Niles, IL got a Wii Kiosk...
but they're waiting for a Nintendo rep to set it up.

I'll pay them a visit on monday :D

(hello btw!)

My e-mail today said:
The new generation of gaming has arrived, and you can experience it at Nintendo World on November 4, 2006!

Wii, Nintendo’s revolutionary new console, launches on Nov. 19, but we’ve set up 12 stations where you can get a sneak peek of some of the coolest games for Wii, including the enormously fun Wii Sports and Excite Truck!

To celebrate, we’re throwing a Wii party Nov. 4 from 9a.m. - 9 p.m. Come check out the newest innovation in gaming and enter to win some great prizes! The Wii demo stations are here to stay, but the Wii giveaway is on Nov. 4 only, so take the day and come join the party!

So likely more games than Excite Truck and Wii Sports but probably not TP, MP3. I have no idea. But 12 stations is awesome.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
AniHawk said:
You need at least 1000 posts or a year of posting before you can make topics. Whichever comes first.
didn't it used to be more relaxed than that?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Yeh, but then people started dicking it around. If you try more than once to post a new thread before you've hit the 1000 mark you get a permaban now too.

Okin

mattiewheels said:
didn't it used to be more relaxed than that?

No, after the year was up, you'd have to square off with another junior member in a knife fight. Winner gets topic priveleges.

Ainnem, I'll be seeing you in the ring.

Mii

Banned
Wiill be making the necessary calls Friday or so....

Anyone know what games are with the Kiosk?
zeldazeldazeldazeldazelda?

Blacklion

I meant to post this earlier but I was @ gamestop today when a man came in pushing a large rectangular box on a pulley with the words Nintendo on the side... it was obviously the kiosk..the store errupted in YESSH!! by the manager and some bystanders.
Sadly the unit didnt have controllers so the manager there said that the Nin rep would have to put it together... :)

I would have taken pics but i didnt have my damn cell phone... curses!!

ant1532

Banned
Mine said they'll have it up by next week and PS3 by the 14th. I ain't going to play them till launch though, its like looking at the spoilers to a game for me.(But if Galaxy is somehow demo'd I will have to play it)

Scoobert

Blacklion said:
I meant to post this earlier but I was @ gamestop today when a man came in pushing a large rectangular box on a pulley with the words Nintendo on the side... it was obviously the kiosk..the store errupted in YESSH!! by the manager and some bystanders.
Sadly the unit didnt have controllers so the manager there said that the Nin rep would have to put it together... :)

I would have taken pics but i didnt have my damn cell phone... curses!!

The controllers are also not going to be tethered to the system. An EB/GS employee has to hand them to you and demonstrate. Basically, it's going to be tough to try and play the thing. Not too many employees are going to want to show the thing off to every single customer.

StRaNgE

Banned
yep, nothing at gamestops here in North Houston. best buy either. went scouting today.

although samsung has a gorgeous white lcd tv out i never saw before.

Defcon

Banned
momolicious said:
lol why would you go scouting for demo wii units

To see if the system is worth buying? I plan on buying one, but I would like to test it out first to see if the control is actually worth a crap.

"the enormously fun Wii Sports and Excite Truck"

:lol

I'm not saying the games aren't fun; I've played both, and they are.

But wow, just wow, on the PR speak.

Shamelessly stolen
But shows a few things!
Excite Truck has SD card access in the sound options?? (Play own music?)
DCP02798.jpg

Press Home Button in game
DCP02807.jpg

Wii remote settings

DCP02809.jpg

Water looks nice
DCP02797.jpg

Game looks nice
DCP02793.jpg

EXCITE TRUCK
DCP02790.jpg

Please don't group me in the same class as this geek