• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what is your experience with drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffdraul

Like 20 years ago I had this particular co-worker who did speed and was happy to share it. Sometimes a bunch of us would hang at his place after work and pass around a glass pipe. Years later I ran into him and we had a fun talk, got caught up. At some point I mentioned smoking meth at his place and he said "Oh, I always meant to tell you... when you guys came over to my place and smoked, that was, uh... crack. Usually."

Why is it such a common belief to think that shrooms are OK but LSD is considerably worse?

Is it because psilocybin grows naturally? Le sigh.

Shrooms are no more dangerous, at all, than LSD.

from personal experience, Shrooms are a slightly different high and don't last anywhere NEAR as long. I've had trips on LSD that last a good 12 or 13 hours straight, and man you're just praying for that stuff to wear off by then.

Seanspeed

Banned
Why is it such a common belief to think that shrooms are OK but LSD is considerably worse?

Is it because psilocybin grows naturally? Le sigh.

Shrooms are no more dangerous, at all, than LSD.

Well for one, LSD is often quite impure and laced with other, sometimes dangerous chemicals.

Two, high quality LSD is far more potent than shrooms. People who have bad trips are usually not on shrooms(though its completely possible), but on acid. The effects can be overwhelming and scary, and when you're balls out of your mind, its very easy to start panicking or freaking out. And its far more unpredictable than shrooms. I've had a few scares myself, but nothing I'd call a 'bad trip'. Funny enough, my only true bad trip came from smoking salvia! All in all, shrooms are a safer experience as a whole.

I guess the litmus test is "when the bag runs out, how fine are you with that?"
Thats fair.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Coke - Did it once. Nothing happened.

It was probably baking powder. It's a hell of a drug, but I haven't touched it since highschool. Shit's too damn expensive. I only do booze, ganj, cigs and caffeine these days. I'm down for the occasional psychedelic, but outside of that, I don't "experiment" with harder stuff anymore.

B.K.

My parents say I got addicted to morphine after I got my tonsils removed when I was about 5 or 6 years old. They say I would cry and say my throat hurt until I got some. I don't remember it though. That's been a long time ago.

Other than that, I've never used any drugs. I've never even tried a cigarette or touched a drop of alcohol. I'm a pretty boring person.

Seanspeed

Banned
Like 20 years ago I had this particular co-worker who did speed and was happy to share it. Sometimes a bunch of us would hang at his place after work and pass around a glass pipe. Years later I ran into him and we had a fun talk, got caught up. At some point I mentioned smoking meth at his place and he said "Oh, I always meant to tell you... when you guys came over to my place and smoked, that was, uh... crack. Usually."

No way. They are smoked completely differently for one thing. Crack you've gotta melt into some ashes or other substance and wait for it to absord before inhaling. Meth, you've gotta constantly move around on the glass or else you just burn it all up and waste it.

Also, crack lasts like 20-30 minutes. Meth can last for 10+ hours. How on earth did you not know? Dear god.

Other than that, I've never used any drugs. I've never even tried a cigarette or touched a drop of alcohol. I'm a pretty boring person.

That doesn't make you boring at all! I'm sure there is some sarcasm there, but drugs don't necessarily have an enhancing effect on the lives of every person who tried them. Nothing wrong with staying away.

Zona

I use caffeine daily and I'm a smoker. I drink on the weekends, normally to just past the buzzed stage. I seem to get absolutely hammered about twice a year.
OTC's I take as needed and prescriptions as prescribed. Never had the urge to take prescriptions recreationally since most meds tend to put me to sleep.
I've tired weed multiple times but the result is always bloody nausea so that's out.
I will never try a psychedelic I know my mind well enough to know that would be a Terrible Terrible idea.

Muffdraul

No way. They are smoked completely differently for one thing. Crack you've gotta melt into some ashes or other substance and wait for it to absord before inhaling. Meth, you've gotta constantly move around on the glass or else you just burn it all up and waste it.

Also, crack lasts like 20-30 minutes. Meth can last for 10+ hours. How on earth did you not know? Dear god.

Maybe he was fucking with my head. Maybe his brain was fried from decades of drug abuse. It was 20 years ago, I was a kid. Step off, Professor Druggz.

JGS

Banned
Was sitting in front of a guy on the school bus smoking it in middle school. I thought I was high too and had the munchies.

I always have the munchies after school but that time it was clearly influenced by the drugs. After that horrible experience, I have steered clear of the stuff.

Dude Abides

Banned
For a while I grew my own shrooms. It was pretty good, until I took some on a rainy evening when my friend and I had nothing to do except sit in our apartment, and we also took MAO inhibitors to enhance it. The combination worked too well and I spent most of the evening puking my guts out in the bathroom while hallucinating medusa heads. That sucked.

Was sitting in front of a guy on the school bus smoking it in middle school. I thought I was high too and had the munchies.

I always have the munchies after school but that time it was clearly influenced by the drugs. After that horrible experience, I have steered clear of the stuff.

You would not have gotten high enough from second-hand smoke in a bus with a steady intake of fresh air. And the munchies usually don't set in until anywhere from half an hour to an hour after you've smoked.

Don't mean to come off as rude, sorry, it just sounds pretty unlikely. If that was indeed what happened though, crazy.

Anyone ever do whippits combined with weed, molly, and rolls? That shit is the funnest thing I've ever experienced... If you haven't you need to get yourself some.

Mr.Swag

Banned
All of you that have said you barely feel the coke high, must be getting shitty coke. I've had some fuego shit, shit that lifts you up within a second after snorting. And whoa, that feeling of fucking happines and bliss, and feeling of invincibility is amazing.

So yea.. Get better coke.
Actually don't.

I've never touched alcohol or anything illegal, but I get headaches regularly and the only thing that works is the rather large dose of caffeine in Excedrin.

It's very potent on me as well. I'm rarely the verbose type but I cannot shut the fuck up when I have caffeine in my system.

Edit: I should clarify that I stay away from drugs/alcohol due to addiction running in my family, and my siblings being thoroughly fucked over by what started as harmless recreational use.

Also I try not to preach my views, but I REALLY dislike it when my girlfriend drinks. It's tough being sober around tipsy/drunk people.

Seanspeed

Banned
Maybe he was fucking with my head. Maybe his brain was fried from decades of drug abuse. It was 20 years ago, I was a kid. Step off, Professor Druggz.

Just sayin, you should know which of the two it actually was yourself.

Yea, wow. Having the munchies sounds like it would be traumatizing. I hope you're ok.

CTE

Smoked bud since I've been 13. So 20 years now.

Done plenty of other stuff, but don't feel like typing it all up. Just typical experimentation type stuff.

Except for Acid. Done that about 200 times.
Shrooms I've also done quite a bit over my life. About 300 times.

Hootie

I avoid OTC as much as possible.

As for illegal drugs, its been weed, LSD, and MDMA so far. I don't plan on trying much else.

I drink heavily when I go out on weekends, but I'm very resistant by now. Weirdly enough, girlfriends have been the ones to get me to smoke weed.

I guess I don't know how to smoke it out of a bowl, because I end up taking massive hits. Two big hits, and I'm good at the beginning, but I quickly feel like I do when I'm sick with alcohol. A bit nauseaus, light-headed and sleepy. I always say I feel like I skipped the fun part of being drunk, and skip right to the "I wanna pass out and I'm drunk as fuck" stage. Don't like it.

Haven't tried anything else. I'm open to do ecstasy with a girl only for the sex while high, and maybe shrooms after reading this thread jaja.

Coke is good stuff but the dead-eyed, snotty nosed look is shit, great high the few times I tried it but not something I'd want to do again.

Smoked weed for a while and it made me greedy and fat and I've tried speed, the first wrap was fine, the second (too much too soon maybe) went bad, I thought I was going to have a heart attack, got sick and started panicking which bought everyone down. Boring each other with thier life stories and butting in conversations made it all extra shitty.

I got hooked on pethadine in hospital after a car crash, amazing drug for just monging to but not something you'd get easily, it's a bit like Tramadol but 100x better.

I don't do anything these days apart from my prescribed painkillers.

Daft_Cat

Never done drugs. Never really been on any sort of medication either. Not morally against things like marijuana. Just zero interest, whatsoever.

JGS

Banned
You would not have gotten high enough from second-hand smoke in a bus with a steady intake of fresh air. And the munchies usually don't set in until anywhere from half an hour to an hour after you've smoked.

Don't mean to come off as rude, sorry, it just sounds pretty unlikely. If that was indeed what happened though, crazy.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't high or hungry as a result of the drugs. I didn't know that at 11 and the paranoia stuck.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I had a lot of money last year, spent about £10,000 on coke. like somebody said earlier if your not strong of mind stay the fuck away it will destroy you. I haven't had any for about 2 months and feel great but honestly i'm looking forward to having the money to go back on it, gonna get some flake and have an all day drinking sesh. To be honest the only reason i stopped is because i can't afford it at the moment. I can't help it, don't do it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I had a lot of money last year, spent about £10,000 on coke. like somebody said earlier if your not strong of mind stay the fuck away it will destroy you. I haven't had any for about 2 months and feel great but honestly i'm looking forward to having the money to go back on it, gonna get some flake and have an all day drinking sesh. To be honest the only reason i stopped is because i can't afford it at the moment. I can't help it, don't do it.
I know that feel bro. :(
Getting my first paycheck this Friday. I know what I'm getting :))

Goron2000

best junior ever
A good amount of weed, but also salvia, shrooms, and LSD a few times apiece as well. And alcohol of course. Whiskey and beer.

My friend and i tried salvia a few months ago, that's weird stuff. I wasn't affected too badly, some things didn't seem right but nothing note worthy. My friend however started dribbling like someone turned on a tap in his mouth and screaming that the trees were moving, was fun for me but he didn't have another hit.

I know that feel bro. :(
Getting my first paycheck this Friday. I know what I'm getting :))
Enjoy it for me bro, will be at least another month for me. I could buy some cheap cut shit but i think the wait will be well worth it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since you basically referred to all forms of drugs in the OP; I do drink tea and alcohol and have a paracetamol if I have a headache late at night.

Onemic

so you're already physically addicted in some way?

damn.

ZZMitch

Just alcohol from time to time. I don't smoke cigarettes because like half my family has died from lung cancer. I don't smoke marijuana because one of my ski buddies and my cousin started doing it all the time and now they are drop outs and their lives suck. Say what you want about it not being addictive or whatever, but I just know it is not for me.

I actually haven't had alcohol in a while though because I am recovering from mono heh.

Jaxter09

I had a fucked up experience on weed once, I was shaking uncontrollably all over my body and it felt like I was having a seizure. I had to lie on my bed staring at a blank TV, but I couldn't stay in the same place for more than 10 minutes without feeling like violently vomiting, so I had to alternate between the bed and outside every few minutes. This lasted for about 2 hours; I genuinely thought that I was going to have a heart attack or something. No problems since then, have it every other day now.

Tried ecstasy twice and it was amazing both times. Everything became surreal, it was amazing to talk to people and I became ridiculously happy. Stayed up for about 40 hours and only went to sleep because I thought "shit, I just stayed up for 40 hours." I don't want to do this very much though, because of the health effects.

I've had the opportunity to smoke meth, but I saw its mental and physical effects on someone even after only a few months of usage. Fuck that.

Derwind

None, EVER.
I just don't care about them at all.

And guess what I live in Holland where most drugs are seen as ok to use.

You know I noticed when I visited Amsterdam to see my family there, not many of the citizens are druggies...

I remember asking my 22 year old cousin(t the time, I was 16) and his friends where I could get some of that Grade A Kush... they looked at me like I was from another planet....

Onemic

I had a fucked up experience on weed once, I was shaking uncontrollably all over my body and it felt like I was having a seizure. I had to lie on my bed staring at a blank TV, but I couldn't stay in the same place for more than 10 minutes without feeling like violently vomiting, so I had to alternate between the bed and outside every few minutes. This lasted for about 2 hours; I genuinely thought that I was going to have a heart attack or something. No problems since then, have it every other day now.

Tried ecstasy twice and it was amazing both times. Everything became surreal, it was amazing to talk to people and I became ridiculously happy. Stayed up for about 40 hours and only went to sleep because I thought "shit, I just stayed up for 40 hours." I don't want to do this very much though, because of the health effects.

I've had the opportunity to smoke meth, but I saw its mental and physical effects on someone even after only a few months of usage. Fuck that.

Guessing you almost had a "green out". my old roommate has greened out 4 times in total I think. I've come very close to greening out a few times.

Bentles

Haven't tried any and don't want to.

I like how smoking weed is okay because it's "nature". What kind of reasoning is that?
"Dude don't eat those poisonous berries!"
"What? It's nature man! It can't hurt me!" *dies*

Either way you're burning something and sucking in the smoke. I can't see how that can be good for you.

Sonki.

Banned
I've tried many but don't do much anymore.

Acid, mushrooms, oxycontin/percocet, opium, weed, ketamine, mdma, ecstasy, coke, adderal, dex, ritalin. I'm probably missing a few.

But I'm a proud supporter of Acid and Mushrooms. People who go a whole life without taken those are really missing out on some real good introspective times.

Onemic

Haven't tried any and don't want to.

I like how smoking weed is okay because it's "nature". What kind of reasoning is that?
"Dude don't eat those poisonous berries!"
"What? It's nature man! It can't hurt me!" *dies*

Either way you're burning something and sucking in the smoke. I can't see how that can be good for you.

You do know you don't have to "smoke" weed if that's what concerns you right?

And the poisonous berries comparison, is one of the worst comparisons I've read. Since when is weed poisonous? Since when can it kill you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom