• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Giacchino posts Clip from Spider-Man Homecoming OST -> Classic Theme

He sometimes does some dope scores but I pray Matt Reeves doesn't bring him on for Batman. I want him far away from that

Give me Clint Mansell or Reznor/Ross plz

Civil War already teased me though

MCU was like "hey we're going to put all those other renditions to shame in 15 minutes of screen time without breaking a sweat"

And now I'm excited to have the perfect person and studio bringing Peter to the big screen and Sony's gonna bring it all crashing down.

I'm a "better to never have loved" guy.

theBmZ

This was so great. The Doctor Strange score was pretty good. I can't wait to see what he does with my favorite superhero.

Would make sense. I dont think they are gonna show that Intro

Nah of course not, they'll probably just mention Ben or something or have one scene where Peter and May talk about what happened.

It would just be funny as the Raimi movies would open with the art depicting scenes that happened or will happen and they could do something like that with the studios logo and have a quick look at Ben getting shot and be done with it.

Alienous

If they play that at the right time it'll make a review-score changing moment.

Right when Spider-Man proves himself. Standing in the middle of a cheering crowd. A police officer gives him a nod. Spider-Man zips out of frame.

Do it.

farisr

Well done (as good as it can be) and a nice throwback, but not sure if folks are serious about wanting to this (as it is) to be the main theme and to be played throughout the movie. It'd be okay for a more light-hearted, comedic scene or short sequence.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well done (as good as it can be) and a nice throwback, but not sure if folks are serious about wanting to this (as it is) to be the main theme and to be played throughout the movie. It'd be okay for a more light-hearted, comedic scene or short sequence.

Dunno. I think it works far better for a serious high speed chase between Spidey and the Vulture in this orchestral version. If we would talk about the original, I would agree, but this version sounds way more serious.

Sounds good. Very catchy & enjoyable.

Best Marvel Cinematic Universe Soundtrack confirmed. Holy bonkers am I hyped right now. Holy holy shit

That's just the theme that will play over the credits probably though. The rest of the score will probably be different. That's how Marvel credits tend to be.

Anyway it'll probably be among Marvel's better scores, which isn't saying much but I do think the first Captain America, Thor, & Hulk all have good scores and I stand-by that.

Neoxon

Sounds awesome, but I feel like it'll be used for the Marvel Studios logo.

*double-checks video*

Yup, totally for the Marvel Studios logo. You can see the video of said Marvel Studios intro logo on the screen in the video.

a916

Love love Zimmer's Man of Steel score, wish they'd work in the Reeves score, if not for a brief moment.

So this is cool.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
It's a good thing Giachino can rip the old Spider-Man theme so he doesn't have to reuse the same one he used for Star Trek again for a marvel movie ( dr strange)

I don't want him "far away" from Batman. I don't think he'll do it, but it would turn out good. Giacchino and Reeves have a solid working history with that god-tier Cloverfield credits theme, the Dawn of Apes and Let Me In scores. Giacchino has a lot of range and can do very dark and brooding scores. It's just that he mostly composes for more upbeat and colorful things. His work on Let Me In was incredible and a bit different than what we're used to, so I have no doubt that he could turn in something nice for Batman.

Still don't think he'll do it, but it's possible where he and Reeves are in the pocket.

It's a good thing Giachino can rip the old Spider-Man theme so he doesn't have to reuse the same one he used for Star Trek again for a marvel movie ( dr strange)

I don't get this at all. The Doctor Strange theme sounds nothing like the Star Trek theme.

farisr

Dunno. I think it works far better for a serious high speed chase between Spidey and the Vulture in this orchestral version. If we would talk about the original, I would agree, but this version sounds way more serious.
Than the original of course it sounds more serious, but due to having all the part of the original, there's still a goofy element that prevents it from being taken seriously, still suited to a comedy scene honestly.

If maybe the piece only took a part of it and worked with that (like, for example, what the 90s animated cartoon did) then I could see it. But right now they have the whole jingle which makes it sound too silly to be a main theme or part of a serious encounter.

phanphare

Banned
Than the original of course it sounds more serious, but due to having all the part of the original, there's still a goofy element that prevents it from being taken seriously, still suited to a comedy scene honestly.

If maybe the piece only took a part of it and worked with that (like, for example, what the 90s animated cartoon did) then I could see it. But right now they have the whole jingle which makes it sound too silly to be a main theme or part of a serious encounter.

yeah it'd be immersion breaking during the movie

having it be the music for the Marvel Studios logo would be great

Ugh for FUCK'S sake I am so sick of this stupid song showing up in these movies. This is trash.

It was in Spider-man 2 as a joke being played by a street performer and this is probably for the opening Marvel logo reel. I can't think of any other instance right off. It's hardly to be something "sick" of and it's hardly trash.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, holy hell that was awesome, literally gave me goosebumps and a huge smile! I hope it's the main theme, I mean I'm pretty sure it's not, but I want it to be. I really hope it is!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It was in Spider-man 2 as a joke being played by a street performer and this is probably for the opening Marvel logo reel. It's hardly to be something "sick" of and it's hardly trash.

Nah I'm sick of it. And it is confirmed trash by independent sources case closed.

I don't want him "far away" from Batman. I don't think he'll do it, but it would turn out good. Giacchino and Reeves have a solid working history with that god-tier Cloverfield credits theme, the Dawn of Apes and Let Me In scores. Giacchino has a lot of range and can do very dark and brooding scores. It's just that he mostly composes for more upbeat and colorful things. His work on Let Me In was incredible and a bit different than what we're used to, so I have no doubt that he could turn in something nice for Batman.

Still don't think he'll do it, but it's possible where he and Reeves are in the pocket.

I don't get this at all. The Doctor Strange theme sounds nothing like the Star Trek theme.

I think he'll be surprised if he doesn't do it. Giacchino pretty much only works with filmmakers he's already familiar with these days, and that includes Reeves.

Honestly the chords for his Doctor Strange theme are similar to Star Trek theme, but they go in a different melody like a lot of theme music that sounds similar so it isn't just a case of "copy and paste" per-say.

The old spiderman movies and practically every dc one use their hero themes throughout their movies tho

This should be worked in as a motif for spiderman in general. If it's just a credits song then that would be disappointing

Considering Marvel's terrible continuity when it comes to actual music themes, unless Giacchino scores the sequel, the chances of it getting tossed aside after the first film are high.

Top Bottom