• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo Season 3 - Full trailer up now - Premieres April 19th on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Here's the new trailer on their twitter account.

Youtube link. Don't think it's region locked.

Just one single clip. I didn't recognize Ewan McGregor at first. :p

Diner Trailer

(Yes, this is most likely region locked. There are ways around that. Please don't complain about it in the thread.)

Rehosted copy of the trailer that presumably isn't region-locked.

Youpak link that should also work.

EDIT: Teaser #2
"Lost" 30 second teaser
Non region-locked.

Here's the official synopsis from FX:
Set in 2010, the third installment of Fargo centers on ”Emmit" and his slightly younger brother ”Ray Stussy" (Ewan McGregor). Emmit, the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas Ray is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his more successful brother's shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he's been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge. Carrie Coon stars as ”Gloria Burgle," the steady chief of the local police department. A newly divorced mother, Gloria is trying to understand the new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than with the people around them. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars as Ray's girlfriend, ”Nikki Swango," a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge. David Thewlis stars as ”V.M. Vargas," a mysterious loner and true capitalist whose bosses plan to partner with Emmit, whether ”The Parking Lot King" likes it or not.

More teasers:

First teaser is up. No footage from the show.

- Bang

More info on S3:

- Ewan McGregor to Star in 'Fargo' Season 3
Fargo season three has found its leading man.

Ewan McGregor will topline the Noah Hawley anthology and play two brothers, Emmit and Ray Stussy, at the center of the series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he's been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.

Production on the third installment of Fargo is tentatively scheduled to begin later this year and air on FX in 2017.

Update:

Fargo Taps The Leftovers' Carrie Coon as Female Lead in Season 3
Fargo continues to flaunt its impressive casting mojo, tapping The Leftovers‘ Carrie Coon to join the Season 3 ensemble opposite the previously cast Ewan McGregor, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Coon, who is currently in Australia shooting the third and final season of The Leftovers, will play the series-regular role of Gloria Burgle, a practical woman who grabs the fire extinguisher when the bacon catches fire and everyone else panics. Gloria is the chief of the Eden Valley police, and a newly divorced mother, who is struggling to understand this new world around her where people connect more intimately with their phones than the people right in front of them.

Update 2:

- THR: 'Fargo' Adds Jim Gaffigan to Season 3 Cast
Gaffigan will take on the role of Donny Mashman, a police deputy who works alongside Gloria Burgle (The Leftovers' Carrie Coon). He joins a cast that also includes Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Production on the third installment of Fargo is set to begin later this year for a 2017 debut on FX.
- David Thewlis joins the FX drama as a series regular
The third season of FX's Fargo has landed an acclaimed actor from the Harry Potter franchise.

David Thewlis (who played Remus Lupin in the fantasy films, and also appears in the upcoming Wonder Woman) has joined the ensemble as a series regular, EW has learned exclusively.

The British actor will play V.M. Vargas,
”a mysterious loner and true capitalist who delivers Emmit (Ewan McGregor), the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, the bad news that he has just become partners with his employers, whose business interests lay outside the law."

The actor joins star McGregor, Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane) and Carrie Coon (The Leftovers) in the next edition of the desolate and quirky thriller.
- ‘Fargo': Michael Stuhlbarg, Shea Whigham & More Round Out Season 3 Cast
Boardwalk Empire alum Michael Stuhlbarg joins in a recurring role as Sy Feltz, Emmit's (Ewan McGregor) right-hand man and consigliere. Additional Season 3 cast members include previously announced Scoot McNairy (Halt & Catch Fire, 12 Years a Slave) as Maurice LeFay, a stoner with a criminal past, along with Shea Whigham as Meeker County Chief of Police Moe Dammick, and Karan Soni (Blunt Talk, Deadpool) as scientist Dr. Homer Gilruth. Fred Melamed (Casual, Lady Dynamite) plays Howard Zimmerman, a mover and a shaker, with a knack for spinning a yarn and making a profit, and Thomas Mann (Me, Earl and the Dying Girl) is Thaddeus Mobley, an award-winning science fiction author.

EDIT:

One minute story trailer up on their twitter account this morning

I'll post a youtube link when I see one.

Chumley

Banned
Forgot Mary Elizabeth Winstead was in this. How the fuck did she star in like 3 different TV shows in 2016.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Will there be
aliens
tho?

BibiMaghoo

Watched the first two seasons recently and although they were proper odd, I enjoyed them, and look forward to seeing this.

For my money this is the best non-HBO show.

Hopefully they re-air s2 soon so my parents get to watch it. They missed it the first time around and haven't been able to find it anywhere (without paying $2.99 per episode).

Can't wait, one of the best ongoing shows for me. Hopefully there isn't much unecessary callbacks to previous seasons, one of my main issues from the second one..

TB14

So ready for S3. Just started watching Legion and Noah Hawley is 3 for 3. Great casting, again.

I bet all those women who walked out on first dates with me feel stupid now. I told them I looked like Ewan McGregor and I was right.

harSon

Banned
I continually feel bad for initially questioning the existence of this show when it was first announced. It's by far one of the best things on television, and I wouldn't disagree with anyone who claimed it was the best.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Two more teasers:
- Stamp (featuring McGregor twin #2)
Isn't the basic premise that
the dad died and the brother who doesn't have his shit together got the sports car and the other one got the valuable stamp collection which he used to make his fortune somehow
?

That scene is probably pretty awesome in the actual show.

aravuus

Is this a completely new story again? I absolutely adored the first season, it ended up being one of my favorite pieces of TV ever, but... I didn't really feel season 2 at all.

Best cast overall Hawley has worked with. Forgot Shea Wigham and David Thewlis were also cast in here God damn

Honestly I would have been down for him reusing actors too. Would have really liked to have seen Kirsten Dunst and Dennis from always sunny back

I continually feel bad for initially questioning the existence of this show when it was first announced. It's by far one of the best things on television, and I wouldn't disagree with anyone who claimed it was the best.

I felt the same way.

I thought there was almost no way it could be good, let alone fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom