• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

scy

What's up with Fire Emblem lately, anyway? Felt like Shadow Dragon forced the series back into Japan for a while there, now we've got a brand new game releasing very soon and a big collab title for a home console. Crazy.

This puts the Fire Emblem Awakening marketing push by NoA into perspective though. I mean, now it ties right into a big name JRPG title for the Wii U.

NeonZ

The credits at the end listed Intelligent Systems, Nintendo and Atlus, so I think this will be either an RPG or a SRPG, not a fighting game or anything else, considering the developers involved.

If they're going for some kind of "All Stars" line up, SRPG seems more likely, considering the bigger cast. It's really unexpected to see the first HD Fire Emblem being a crossover like this though. If it IS a SRPG, I hope they have something like the spotpass characters in Awakening to give representation to secondary FE characters too, not just lords. If it's an RPG though, I wonder how they'll be handled. Just the lord line up in the teaser seems pretty big.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Shouldn't they just ask Atlus to make a Wii U SMT instead, and they also do a full FE on Wii U? That would be preferable to me, rather than a collaboration that won't be a serious entry in either series. I'm sure it can be awesome in its own right and I'd play it if that happens if I then have a Wii U, but still. Maybe it's setting the stage for separate titles... That would be rad.

But then it probably wouldn't have happened, at least not the SMT stuff.

Nohar

Flat What.

... I'm not jumping on the hype train until we have gameplay footage and the confirmation that this cross-over will be released outside Japan (namely, EU).

... Gosh, this train is so beautiful, I really want to get on board...

MechaX

Strange Journey demoted, yet character in SJ DEMONICA armor in SMT 4, what to make of that?

Probably just a lapse (or for the actual trailer, they just wanted to stay to main line stuff). I'd wait for a bit to see what other characters on the SMT side come in, like whether spin-offs like Devil Survivor 1/2 and Strange Journey comes in. Hell, when considering that Nocturne never even showed up on a Nintendo platform but yet the Demi-Fiend is obviously in, it is possible that other PS2-oriented folks could show up (Persona, Digital Devil Saga, Raidou).

Haunted

Putting the Persona 4 Arena engine and assets to good use.

I think it'll be a fighting game a la Marvel vs Capcom.

Ifrit

What a pleasant surprised, suddendly I'm interested in getting a WiiU

if someone around here says he saw it coming, he's lying

Kusagari

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

1351643125452.gif

extralite

This announcement should also (or maybe mainly) benefit SMT4 on 3DS. FE Awakening was a huge success and if its fans will become interested in SMT4 to see what the world from the upcoming cross over is about they might try it now even if they didn't have a reason before. Could give SMT4 a nice minor boost.

^Dude, SOUL HACKERS is coming here. SMT4 is basically a guarantee.

Game is co-developed by Intelligent Systems, I have no doubt that its at least not a fighting game.

Niahak

This seems much more promising than Pokemon Conquest was, since both are really great series. Really looking forward to hearing more.

Hopefully it integrates concepts of each game more fully than Conquest did. It was pretty disappointing when it was a TRPG with only very light grand-strategy elements.

Hero

Iwata wasn't kidding last year when he said they made collaborations with several third parties to ensure new games on the Wii U. Bayonetta 2 was just the beginning.

Sorian

Banned
Flat What.

... I'm not jumping on the hype train until we have gameplay footage and the confirmation that this cross-over will be released outside Japan (namely, EU).

... Gosh, this train is so beautiful, I really want to get on board...

We brough snacks on board this time. We figure it'll be a wait so we ordered a cot for everyone as well. It's nice and comfy and I don't see a cliff coming for miles :D

Galang

Banned
This announcement should also (or maybe mainly) benefit SMT4 on 3DS. FE Awakening was a huge success and if its fans will become interested in SMT4 to see what the world from the upcoming cross over is about they might try it now even if they didn't have a reason before. Could give SMT4 a nice minor boost.

Hopefully true :)

Ponn

Banned
I would buy a Wii U if this is a RPG and if it gets localized to U.S.

This will never get localized to the U.S.

The whole "Persona 5 for the 3DS" seems more and more likely now that Nintendo and Atlus seem to have a really good relationship.

Top Bottom