• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaijinworks set to tease new PSP localization in Retro magazine

Takao

Banned
Double Update:

The magazine's online preview went up spoiling one of the surprises:
4cAbohX.png

http://issuu.com/markkaminski/docs/issue_1_preview

Dual Screen Play didn't exist in the JP release AFAIK.

Update:

It's been busy today. Didn't check NeoGAF until now. :)

The tease ad isn't what people are expecting, and it isn't directly for the PSP/Vita. But it is cool, and what we're doing with it will be imitated since I think it's a first on the PlayStation ecosystem (we needed a modification to the sony libraries to even make it work fully, so I think that guarantees it hasn't been done before on PlayStation systems).

The big PSP/Vita (via emulation) RPG announcement will come shortly after. We're already working on it, but the final contract isn't signed yet. 2014 is a very busy year already.

Original Post:
Premiere issue of RETRO Mag this month will have a rare in-print tease from us. We've been working on some cool tech for the game.
https://twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/407359572496494592

Retro magazine launch with our tease ad got pushed back 2 early Jan, but we should have more news for you soon after!
https://twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/412472839787143168

The teaser ad is not for Class of Heroes 3. We were going to announce it anyway, and the RETRO Kickstarter happened, so it seemed like a great way to support them and and announce the game in a "retro" fashion at the same time.
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact...equest-compilation&p=7941&viewfull=1#post7941

"I think it's gonna be something unexpected but not on the scope of a huge PSP title. Perhaps something GW is working on the side? Either way the site does say we'll know about 2014's plans early next year. Hopefully in January we'll know all 3 GW projects that we know about." - user on the forums

This speculation is closest to the mark, but it will be a bit more, just not Suikoden or VC3 (though we're still pushing to try to make something happen with both of those). One of them will have first-of-its-kind-in-the-wild tech for PSP/Vita to my knowledge. Ken's been working overtime to do something really cool that wasn't in the Japanese release. As with many things I did at WD, when other RPG companies see this, it will be copied. I guarantee it.
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact...equest-compilation&p=7964&viewfull=1#post7964

"Anything from Sony, Konami or Acquire are likely bets."

You need more "likely bets."
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact...equest-compilation&p=8059&viewfull=1#post8059

psp in 2014: ten year plan

how many posts do you guys think it'll take before vic shows up in here?

Last Ranker would be especially awesome of those three, I thought that one was going to make it over back then.
The other two always looked cool as well.

My wallet will be ready.

hongcha

Last Ranker is mediocre. Hopefully it's not that. If they're going to localise an Imageepoch game, I hope they do Sol Trigger, as it is actually good.

Clov

Far East of Eden? Over My Dead Body? Growlanser 1!?

I need to know, now.

I know it won't be Growlanser. That won't stop me from wanting it to be.

Edit: What day does the magazine release, by the way?

Eusis

Perhaps this is the #Jrpgvita localization. Perhaps it's ff type 0?
If you even remotely understand how some of these companies are you know that Type 0 wouldn't be it. If anyone got to do that other than SE it'd probably be Sony, and that'd STILL just be publishing rather than localization if DQ on DS is any indication.

Videoneon

This speculation is closest to the mark, but it will be a bit more, just not Suikoden or VC3 (though we're still pushing to try to make something happen with both of those).

Life is meaningless, love is a farce

Perhaps this is the #Jrpgvita localization. Perhaps it's ff type 0?

Huh? #jrpgvita was Sony. Would Sony do such a thing - contract it out to another company? I'm not sure why such a thing would require three parties right now, since the prime thing behind jrpgvita and Third Party Relations was Sony's direct involvement.

Also, with jrpgvita, the top three titles were:

Tales of series reimagining (Hearts, Innocence)
Type-0
Valkyria

Steel

Banned
If you even remotely understand how some of these companies are you know that Type 0 wouldn't be it. If anyone got to do that other than SE it'd probably be Sony, and that'd STILL just be publishing rather than localization if DQ on DS is any indication.

Hey, I can dream. I'm just wracking my brain to figure out what PSP titles are actually still worth localizing.... Fate/extra CC Perhaps? That's up GW's alley and doesn't require a huge amount of effort.

Nairume

Banned
Given it's Gaijinworks and after looking at the list of unlocalized PSP games that they'd reasonably be able to license, my money is on something like Tir Na Nog or something nobody's really been clamoring for but would be nice to have.

Acosta

Last Ranker would be so awesome... but I know there is no chance. Suikoden would be awesome too of course. Venus & Braves would be great.

But being realistic it´s probably something not from companies like Capcom, Namco or Konami...

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
What are the chances it'll have a limited retail release? Aksys does it. :p
We can only hope! Or I can only hope since its retail or bust for me. Still pretty neat ta see small publishers & fan translations keepin' a system alive.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Psp games localizations i want:
type0
vc3
queen's blade spiral chaos
yakuza black panther 1&2
tales of the world radiant mythology 2&3
and many more that now i don't remember.

Takao

Banned
I honestly just hope it isn't another dungeon crawler. It feels like a bunch of the PSP localizations of late have been from that genre.

I don't suppose there's any hope this could be Grand Knights History, is there?

The servers were shut down for that in Japan, so I doubt there's going to be much movement on the PSP version of that game.

vireland

https://twitter.com/gaijin4life/status/407359572496494592
how many posts do you guys think it'll take before vic shows up in here?

The tease ad isn't what people are expecting, and it isn't directly for the PSP/Vita. But it is cool, and what we're doing with it will be imitated since I think it's a first on the PlayStation ecosystem (we needed a modification to the sony libraries to even make it work fully, so I think that guarantees it hasn't been done before on PlayStation systems).

The big PSP/Vita (via emulation) RPG announcement will come shortly after. We're already working on it, but the final contract isn't signed yet. 2014 is a very busy year already.

vireland

Last Ranker would be so awesome... but I know there is no chance. Suikoden would be awesome too of course. Venus & Braves would be great.

But being realistic it´s probably something not from companies like Capcom, Namco or Konami...

Are you sure?

vireland

When does this Retro magazine publish?

It was supposed to be the end of the year, but we were told that it's pushed out to the first week in January now. Deciding to support them with the tease ad has kind of held this first announcement hostage. :)

Tizoc

It was supposed to be the end of the year, but we were told that it's pushed out to the first week in January now. Deciding to support them with the tease ad has kind of held this first announcement hostage. :)

Ah thanks.
Oh and any chance of some more Visual Novels releasing in the west? Not necessarily Otome games, but stuff like Steins;Gate and its series, etc.

vireland

Oh fuck Venus & Braves, all my money gaijinworks, all my money...

Funny you should mention that. I pulled out my Deluxe pack of the original version (not the PSP one) for Japan the other day. So sweet.

But it's not that. Not writing it off because we're still talking, but it's not that now.

Steel

Banned

Are you sure?

Well, color me intrigued....

vireland

Ah thanks.
Oh and any chance of some more Visual Novels releasing in the west? Not necessarily Otome games, but stuff like Steins;Gate and its series, etc.

Steins;Gate is coming for PC, but I think it's a non-starter for console. The group that did it went with JAST on that.

Hmm, via emulation?

If this is some crazy TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine thing I'm going to get super yum yum time.

OR MAYBE SEGA CD? Lunar SIlver Star and Eternal Blue for PSP and Vita.

YO YO YO.

androvsky

Someone's gotta guess Sakura Wars, so it might as well be me. No clue what the other thing could be, maybe support for semi-official fan translation patches that load at run-time?

Top Bottom