• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen carries cross to White house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/18731752/teen-to-carry-cross-to-washington#disqus_thread

DALLAS -
A 19-year-old from Saginaw began his journey to the nation's capitol on Thursday. He plans to walk there with the weight of a cross on his shoulders.

Junior Garcia from The Oasis Church plans to walk roughly 12 hours per day for the next five weeks to draw the attention of America back to the cross of Jesus Christ, according to Pastor Randy Lemme.

A support team will follow him on foot and on a cart and bus. They'll help shield him from traffic, especially on busy highways.

Once Garcia arrives in Washington, a prayer service will be held at the White House.

His journey will also raise money for Speed the Light, an Assembly of God Missions giving program that will buy a car for a missionary in Mexico, Lemme said.

Now I'm all for doing a protest or whatever. But when they interviewed the pastor on my local news he seem to be talking for the boy and I have a hunch of what they really want to convey by getting america back on the cross.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A support team will follow him on foot and on a cart and bus. They'll help shield him from traffic, especially on busy highways.
He is going to walk on highways?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Walking 12 miles a day is tiring enough, doing it while carrying a cross? Yikes.

Why doesn't this kid just do something better if he wants to spread his message, like go help some people?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
xQl2E.png

Dem mines. Is jesus in your mine? Mining stuff?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well this is certainly pompous and self-righteous.

edit: also stupid as fuck.

bengraven

Oh man, I completely forgot about the cross. Thanks for doing that bro.

Wow, the fucking cross. How did I forget?

Also, you just lost The Game.

Pollux

Ohh, I haven't seen Passion of the Christ so I have no idea what actually happened.

Well, considering the CROSS....he was crucified. There are people who don't know that? Not trying to be a dick but I've NEVER met someone who didn't know that.

If religion was a woman, these types of ignorant posts would not be tolerated. GAF is a community where people should get along, but instead some are treated like second class citizens and discriminated against, and lampooned/ridiculed; people have feelings. It's outrageous

I just haven't really looked into it in awhile. I thought he was put on the cross and then bled out / was hit by stones until he died.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
virgin 4 life.

his picture is hilarious as well 'this fucking sucks'

jaxword

If religion was a woman, these types of ignorant posts would not be tolerated. GAF is a community where people should get along, but instead some are treated like second class citizens and discriminated against, and lampooned/ridiculed; people have feelings. It's outrageous

Being born a woman is not a choice.

Religion is a choice.

Not all choices are considered equal, don't pretend you think they are.

The only thing outrageous is your fallacious persecution syndrome.

just so we're clear, i mock both. i'm a moderate straight down to the end.

Fair enough, but the FSM is seriously stupid and hopefully burns out as a meme soon.

Pollux

meanwhile, in washington:

TSac7.jpg

Is this kind of stuff necessary? We get it, you hate religion and think we're stupid. Why try and completely derail threads by bringing in the same old crap every time? Oh look the "flying spaghetti monster" you're so witty.

/rant.

Good for the kid, hope he makes it.

way more

He's going to take up a lane of traffic from Texas to D.C.? Why doesn't he just call in a bomb threat to an airport everyday if he want's to piss that many people off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom