• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny on PS4: Weapons, vehicles, clans on PlayStation 4 [Youtube link inside]

Bodde

Banned
want.gif

keezy

I'm still a little confused as to what genre this game is. Sorry for being naive but it doesn't look like its a regular FPS(Like CoD/Halo). It sounded like it's going to be comparable to Fallout?

StuBurns

Banned
I'm still a little confused as to what genre this game is. Sorry for being naive but it doesn't look like its a regular FPS(Like CoD/Halo). It sounded like it's going to be comparable to Fallout?
It's more like Borderlands it seems, but with more of an MMO-lite scope. Something like that.

EDIT: Guild Wars I guess is the closer comparison.

Ovek

7Member7
I really hope that you get to pilot the spaceship yourself and it's not just a fast travel system.

You know it is, they talk about upgrading your ship to reach further out planets. All that says to me is that they are locking out harder levels until you are ready for them.

I hope it's native 1080p/60fps on PS4. Would be nice.

Game looks nice at its current state, but I wonder if they're "running it on PC with equivalent specs to PS4".

Milennia

I really hope that you get to pilot the spaceship yourself and it's not just a fast travel system.
I know there are land vehicles , but other than that i really doubt your going to be able to pilot a ship, best bet is as you said, fast travel.

Ashtar

Thanks for the video brosef.
Between this witcher 3, da: inquisition 2014 is going to be a major year for gaming

StuBurns

Banned

Game looks nice at its current state, but I wonder if they're "running it on PC with equivalent specs to PS4".
I guess it'll be 30, but I'd take any hit on the visuals to have it at 60. Every shooter is 60 now, Bungie shouldn't be lagging behind.

I know there are land vehicles , but other than that i really doubt your going to be able to pilot a ship, best bet is as you said, fast travel.

That would be a real shame. Flying the ship in Reach was brilliant. I was hoping that was a practice for the space stuff in Destiny. Imagine space battles on your way to other planets.

Xater

50% of the appeal of games like this (at least for me) is just having fun with friends. This should deliver that in spades.

I actually looking way more forward to the cooperative aspect of this game as well, but I'm sure Bungie will also deliver a cool competitive experience.

le.phat

man this game looks incredible! Gettings such a space opera boner from all the locations. And space exploration ? In your own tricked out space ship ? sign me the fuck up. NOAW.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This is my game, man. I can see myself going in the deep end with Destiny, like I did with the MP for Mass Effect 3 - played pretty much non-stop for a year and clocked up over 850hrs.

Skeff

I think it's on PS4 and I think it's 1080/60, the game isn't pushing the highest end graphics, instead it's gone for clean graphics, I expect 1:1 pixel mapping and a good AA solution at a steady 60 fps. I think it'll look great.

Jarsonot

Boom. Will be in the beta. I'm really looking forward to this game. I ended up switching to Playstation after my 2nd 360 red ringed on me, have missed Bungie games. Really happy they're multiplatform now.

Are the weekly updates back?

Top Bottom